Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Smooth

Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Smooth

3.2

on 6/7/2018 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was super excited to find out I was also being given the chance to try out and review this primer. When I got the box I was super impressed but the packaging and the design of the tube because compared to other companies it doesn't squirt out and make you waste product. Once finished applying it to my face I fell in love with the way my skin looks. Also the amount of moisture it provides for your face is unbelievable. I have switched my primer to this. I have never gotten so many compliments on how hydrated my skin looks and I am convinced that this primer is the Reason why

on 4/10/2018 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this primer more than I expected to. I wasn't regularly using a primer under foundation, but one day at Walgreens I tossed this into my basket without a second thought. I've since repurchased it twice, because it's inexpensive and appears to do an adequate job at keeping my foundation (MUFE Water Blend) looking good longer than it does without a primer underneath. I don't know if it blurs pores, because big pores are not a huge concern of mine, but it does smooth the skin and make a great base for foundation. The consistency isn't super-silconey (I hate that gross dry/slippery feeling of silicones) and it sinks in really quickly and (very important) it doesn't ball up my foundation! The packaging is good, squeezy tube with a small tip so it doesn't gush out, and you can get every last drop out vs. a pump. The smell is kinda weird though -- more chemical-like than I would prefer, but it doesn't irritate (and I would prefer a mild chemical smell over a very strong floral odor, for sure). This product doesn't break me out or cause any skin problems, so until I feel like exploring other primers, I'll stick with this one.

on 2/7/2018 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, I expected a thick smooth silky silicone feeling primer like the smashbox one. I prefer those because I think they work the best, minimize pores and just make skin look the best. This is a runny milky liquid instead. It doesn't do much blurring or for pores. The biggest issue I had with it, though, is that it is the only primer I have ever used that has made my face break out. My skin has been clear for a year and this was all I changed so I know it was this product.

on 12/23/2017 11:49:00 PM

It's not a terrible primer. I have combination skin and I found it sometimes made my foundation cling to dry patches (this never happened with my other primers under the same foundation). It does blur and smooth though, I found it filled in my pores quite a bit. Overall, it's not terrible, but i wouldn't use it again

on 11/22/2017 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually like this, I have combination skin and this works for me. I usually use silicone primers but this one is more of a cream silicone primer. It has a soft matte finish and helps control my oil. I’ve notices that my foundation stays on longer with this on too. I’m surprised by the negative reviews, it’s not the best but it’s not horrible either.

on 11/7/2017 9:25:00 AM

Awful. Does nothing it advertises. Doesn’t even keep makeup on for a couple hours. Surprised at the good reviews because I know 4 other women who’ve used it & had the exact same issues as I have. I usually use the POREfessional from Sephora & I had an emergency and grabbed this one when I ran out of my usual & will never recommend this to anybody. It’s crap in a bottle.

on 10/30/2017 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed in this primer i was excited to try it out but the first time i applied it and wore it within the day i almost instantly started too break out i didn't think anything of it until i tried it once more and it made me break out like crazy i would never buy this again or recommend to anyone i know

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing drugstore primer. i have acne prone, combination skin and this really does blur out my pores when i put foundation on. It keeps my foundation on the whole time i have it on which is about 9-10 hours. it did make my face feel a bit oily by my T-zone area but using blotting sheets takes care of that. overall i recommend this!

on 3/24/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

While I got this in the blur + redness control variety (to be exact), this primer is unfortunately not right for my dry, sensitive skin. My original HG primer for years = Smashbox original photo finish primer, which has a lot of silicone & tons of slip. I understand that doesn't work for some people, but it's what my (very dry) skin seems to need in a primer. This primer by Maybelline is different than any other I've used thus far (I've tried a lot!) is a whole different ball game. It is the most "lotion-like" primer I've ever used. It sank into my skin incredibly quickly after I hydrated (currently using Nuxe rich creme & love it) but it absorbed way too quickly to properly blend my makeup over it. I do like the packaging--I like the tube & that the primer is properly unscented. Previously, I had been using E.L.F. Tone adjusting face primer & really liked it, especially for the price. My face has also played well with other ELF primers, Hard Candy primers, even Maybelline 'baby face' blur pore primer. Unfortunately, this one's just not for me!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The texture of this primer is very thin which I like. I don't want to feel my base lingering for hours. I don't really think it helps my makeup stay on though. Its not too bad for the price.