GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

Filtered by hair type : Straight
GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

The original Shalimar is great, but I find it a bit overwhelming, even though I love heady oriental scents. I guess I'm not brave enough yet to pull of the original Shalimar. Yesterday my SA showed me this one, and oh my.... it is perfect! It's exactly what I look for in an allround scent. It's sweet, heady, elegant and sensual. It reminds me of Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher, but less agressive. I wore Voile d'Ambre on my honeymoon a few years ago and this Shalimar reminds me so much of it. All the happy feelings come back to me. Even though I came a long way since my honeymoon and I no longer wear the Yves Rocher scent, I feel that Shalimar Souffle de Parfum embodies the transformation I made from a girl to a woman. More developped and wiser, happy with who I am but never forgetting who I once was.

on 8/15/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cloying it isn't, and even less unflattering!!! This is a beautiful delicate scent, still has the Guerlain recognizable vibe, but it's is called souffle, which in French means whisper..so this is a lighter, softer version of a great classic..I never liked the original Shalimar, although it is a masterpiece,, it wasn't for me..too much..I enjoy Souffle, airy, delightful, and very elegant!! I detect citrus notes, and some vanilla on wood and Jasmine..nice creation!! It takes a great nose to create a lighter airy version of a cult scent, and to manage to retain some of its identity.!!!