GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

3.0

1 review

on 4/10/2018 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The area in which I live got a Mecca recently. I had the opportunity to test several Frederic Maille's that had eluded me in the past.
It was food for thought. I'm not comparing a perfume like 'Parfum du Therese' to Souffle directly but sometimes a classic perfume doesn't need to do much to be desirable (its reputation precedes it) while a new one faces intense scrutiny. I find the watermelon in Souffle to be quite strong at first, but it's very engaging and well balanced. It bears no resemblance to Shalimar; Guerlain has used the pillar fragrance to attract a new audience. I love Shalimar Cologne 2015, a cross between Eau de Shalimar (discontinued) and aspects of Parfum Initial. Souffle is clever, a lovely summer cologne, one that I have used liberally in the warmest summer we have had in history. I carry the 30 ml in my handbag, it's one you can apply without it being overpowering, office, children friendly. Let's not get hung up on the Guerlain classics, they're great and I own them all, but rather think of the new additions as 'en famille' a grandchild perhaps, not restrained by the trappings of the past.