GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

Filtered by age: 30-35
GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de Parfum

2.5

The original Shalimar is great, but I find it a bit overwhelming, even though I love heady oriental scents. I guess I'm not brave enough yet to pull of the original Shalimar. Yesterday my SA showed me this one, and oh my.... it is perfect! It's exactly what I look for in an allround scent. It's sweet, heady, elegant and sensual. It reminds me of Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher, but less agressive. I wore Voile d'Ambre on my honeymoon a few years ago and this Shalimar reminds me so much of it. All the happy feelings come back to me. Even though I came a long way since my honeymoon and I no longer wear the Yves Rocher scent, I feel that Shalimar Souffle de Parfum embodies the transformation I made from a girl to a woman. More developped and wiser, happy with who I am but never forgetting who I once was.

on 8/12/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This literally has nothing to do with the original Shalimar, so why they would name is after Shalimar is astounding. This is a very sweet and light fragrance. I might give it a better review, but it's nothing special. It's cloying and unflattering. Stay away!