bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

bareMinerals  Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

3.4

Active Ingredient: Titanium dioxide 6.2 Inactive Ingredients: water, coconut alkanes, propanediol, squalane, trehalose, isostearic acid, glycerin, silica, agar, caprylic/capric triglyceride, globularia cordifolia callus culture extract, salicornia herbacea extract, melilotus officinalis extract, coco-caprylate/caprate, butylene glycol, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, succinoglycan, polysorbate 60, cellulose gum, polyglyceryl-4 laurate/succinate, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, magnesium stearate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol. may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 7/4/2018 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail :)

I am on my sixth tube of this and we have been going strong for several years. Here is what I can say about it:

- light-weight, easy to spread and very moisturizing formula
- light coverage, but buildable
- very glowy finish: my combination skin does need some powder along my T-zone
- SPF 30 does hold true. I use it as my main SPF and I have never gotten sunburn
- it does not clog my pores
- great colour selection
- good ingredients
- it does last several months
- you cannot see it on my skin, but you do see the difference it makes

All in all I'm looking forward to keep using this little gem. I hope it will never be discontinued :)

on 6/27/2018 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Not for oily-skinned gals. I used to have oily skin, now leaning towards normal. Wore this over my day moisturizer, and also tried it in place of the moisturizer (after cleansing and toning). It was medium coverage, and made my skin look beautiful. I can see why so many people love this product. But both times my face ended up incredibly shiny after 2 - 3 hours. If you have dry skin, or if you don’t mind blotting and powdering during the day, you might love this.

My HG is still the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (original not oil-free), which has more sheer coverage and looks like my own skin and doesn’t make me super oily throughout the day. For reference I wear 4.5 Wheat in Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and Nude in Laura Mercier TM.

on 6/23/2018 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Just bought this product, so far so good. It has a light texture that goes on smoothly with fingers but leaves residue on fingers - easily washed off with some facial wipes. Covers up redness and some slight discolouration well. Doesn't cover up everything - it's not suppose to! Looks very natural which is a big bonus. It looks good after a few hours, makes skin look dewy and glowy. My skin is slightly oily on t-zone and dry on cheeks. I still use my normal moisturiser prior to this. Spf/pa protection is a plus but I'll probably use my normal facial sunscreen in summer or when I'm out and about a lot more.

on 6/2/2018 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been looking for a nice light coverage tinted moisturiser recently and this was one of the few that piqued my interest. I got a few samples of the TMs I wanted to try, this included. Oh, how I wish I could like this! Upon application, I liked how hydrating it was and how it didn't feel like makeup when applied on the skin. Of course, it's light coverage so I'm not going to complain about its lack of ability to cover all my acne scars and redness because coming in, I knew this product doesn't do that. What I wanted was an overall evening of the skintone that looked natural. This does that.

However, the longevity of this isn't very good on me. After maybe 3 or 4 hours, it starts to break up on the dry parts of my skin. By the end of the day, I could clearly see where this product has melted off from. I think it's also important to note that's my skin isn't particularly oily either. The other tinted moisturiser and skin tints I've tried were much better in their longevity.

Lastly, I find this gives me some spots after wearing it on a long day. Bummer.

TLDR: I like how hydrating the product feels and its light coverage look, but it's probably not the best for super dry or super oily, acne-prone skin. It may cling to dry patches and may break you out, given the emollience of this product.

i liked the coverage and the packaging but the moisturizing component left my face feeling oily. My biggest issue was the lack of shades. i wont be repurchasing

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like that it contains SPF 30 and doesn't cake up even after 2 or 3 layers. My positives stop here. It's a disco ball greasy mess on my face. I do have a combination skin but I usually only start getting oily on my T-Zone 4 hours after MU application. This cream makes me instantly look like a shiny monster. Only after you try it do you understand why - even though a popular product - it only has a 55% repurchase rate. Although expected for a tinted mosturiser but coverage is non-existent, not even lightly.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I have used this product for two years now. I am only on my second Tube because all it takes is a very small amount. I wear the palest color, but at times it’s a little too dark. It does not provide heavy coverage, which is fine with me. I don’t need a lot of coverage. It provides a natural glow that does not look like makeup. It provides 30 spf which is good for being outdoors a lot. The only con is that it does not do much to hide large pores. The older I get I do not want to look overly madeup, so this works.

on 4/8/2018 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a huge BareMinerals fan and was so excited to try this...sadly it did not work well for me at all. It peels up so bad! I had to change my clothes because it was all over me. Not only did it peel but it also did this strange thing that when I'm blending it in, it separates and wouldn't spread out and looked patchy. I tried so many ways trying to make it work and just never found a way. I am so sad it didn't work for me because I love BareMinerals and I love BB creams so it was my dream come true....But it just ended up a nightmare.

on 2/14/2018 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am NC25-30 I bought the color Bamboo. It is hydrating not oily. I use it as a primer or base for powder foundation or liquid foundation. I have very oily t-zone but at the same time my skin feels dry. I do have acne I use Paula’s choice and cerave for skin care. This feel very nice under any type of foundation and balances everything out. Coverage is not much if acne scaring and ongoing acne is going on. I will buy this again because it makes every base I use workout wonderfully.

Foundation I have used with this , just to name few, Mac studio fix powder foundation, studio fix liquid, Estée Lauder double wear, mineralize skin finish natural, everyday mineral loose powder foundation, maybelline fit me matte, L’Oréal infallible pro matte, maybelline liquid air mouse ( don’t remember exact name), bare mineral original loose foundation, tart Amazonian clay powder foundation and also mousse one in a tube and many other.
It is expensive considering the amount I need to evenly apply it on my entire face. I will recommend getting it on sale like 20% off coupon when ulta does send one. I do not apply is too much like a actual base but enough to cover the face. I use my hands , don’t want to waste product. I do apply cerave pm moisturizer before this and Jajoba oil or any oil from Ordinary brand very lightly under my eye area because it gets very dry. Hope this review helps :).thanks and good luck.

on 2/12/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Felt comfortable on the skin and provided sheer (even by tinted moisturizer) coverage. Didn't irritate and had no scent, which is nice. Given the gel consistency, this was surprisingly moisturizing for my dry skin. It sat a bit awkwardly on my skin, not laying a good foundation for any other products, which could be okay for some truly minimal days - but the last straw for me was that it oxidized terribly, so I really can't find a way to make it work.