bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

bareMinerals  Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

3.4

Active Ingredient: Titanium dioxide 6.2 Inactive Ingredients: water, coconut alkanes, propanediol, squalane, trehalose, isostearic acid, glycerin, silica, agar, caprylic/capric triglyceride, globularia cordifolia callus culture extract, salicornia herbacea extract, melilotus officinalis extract, coco-caprylate/caprate, butylene glycol, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, succinoglycan, polysorbate 60, cellulose gum, polyglyceryl-4 laurate/succinate, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, magnesium stearate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol. may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I’m on accutane and was looking for a truly hydrating tinted moisturizer and this is it. I’ve tried many and this is the only one whilst on accutane that actually moisturizes and has a faint coverage. Not enough to cover acne but decent for normal skin. It does cling to flakes but don’t forget I have snakes skin right now so normal people would absolutely love this stuff.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product saved me. I have super fair skin with pink undertones AND sensitive. I can't handle fragrance or chemical SPF. This combination made it impossible for me to find a foundation that doesn't irritate my skin and matches my skin tone & undertone - I've been trying for well over a year. I can of course use a white mixer which I've been doing but the texture was never great.

Then I found this product. It didn't irritate my skin. I love that it has mineral SPF. It would be better if it was SPF-free actually but if there will be, mineral is perfect. Because it has sheer coverage and has a decent color selection, it works well on my skin. I stopped looking for a foundation. This is enough if you're OK with sheer coverage. REALLY sheer. Not Nars Sheer coverage foundation kind of "said to be sheer but actually has medium coverage" sheer. It doesn't cover my freckles or blemishes but just makes my complexion look healthier and brighter.

I hope bareMinerals never stops making it!

on 10/11/2018 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I loved this tinted moisturizer, I loved how it felt, the coverage, and the glow it added. Because of those things, I used almost the entire tube, but every time I used it it made me break out. So unfortunately, I can't buy it again.

on 9/17/2018 7:18:00 PM

This can be used as a sheet foundation or under other foundations. I use it alone and enjoy that it gives me plenty of conerage with no drying of my skin.

on 9/11/2018 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG Tinted Moisturizer. Sheer to medium, luminous, moisturizing coverage. Has physical SPF that I prefer for sensitive skin which could stand alone for me w/o additional sunscreen during winter months. Use Natural shade for NW25/30 complexion.

Ulta has enough sales on this TM that I can get it for a decent price.

So I am finally writing this review after finishing the tube. I have had inconsistent results with this tinted moisturizer - some days it looks better than others and I have yet to discover the trick to it. Overall, I find the coverage to be light-medium. It lasts about 5-6 hours at best before I see wear, after setting it with a light powder. The thing I can't get past is the finish - it's slightly iridescent looking. I don't think I've heard other people describe it as such, so maybe it's the shade (I have it in Opal)? Opal is very neutral, bordering on the cool side.

I really wanted to love this product. I bought this one and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and put each on one half of my face. The Bare Minerals side immediately broke out in two giant pimples after about three hours. It also became extremely oily and shiny. I'm going to return it and go with the Laura Mercier. My skin never breaks out unless it because of product so I definitely know that the Bare Minerals was the cause.

on 7/4/2018 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail :)

I am on my sixth tube of this and we have been going strong for several years. Here is what I can say about it:

- light-weight, easy to spread and very moisturizing formula
- light coverage, but buildable
- very glowy finish: my combination skin does need some powder along my T-zone
- SPF 30 does hold true. I use it as my main SPF and I have never gotten sunburn
- it does not clog my pores
- great colour selection
- good ingredients
- it does last several months
- you cannot see it on my skin, but you do see the difference it makes

All in all I'm looking forward to keep using this little gem. I hope it will never be discontinued :)

on 6/27/2018 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Not for oily-skinned gals. I used to have oily skin, now leaning towards normal. Wore this over my day moisturizer, and also tried it in place of the moisturizer (after cleansing and toning). It was medium coverage, and made my skin look beautiful. I can see why so many people love this product. But both times my face ended up incredibly shiny after 2 - 3 hours. If you have dry skin, or if you don’t mind blotting and powdering during the day, you might love this.

My HG is still the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (original not oil-free), which has more sheer coverage and looks like my own skin and doesn’t make me super oily throughout the day. For reference I wear 4.5 Wheat in Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and Nude in Laura Mercier TM.

on 6/23/2018 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Just bought this product, so far so good. It has a light texture that goes on smoothly with fingers but leaves residue on fingers - easily washed off with some facial wipes. Covers up redness and some slight discolouration well. Doesn't cover up everything - it's not suppose to! Looks very natural which is a big bonus. It looks good after a few hours, makes skin look dewy and glowy. My skin is slightly oily on t-zone and dry on cheeks. I still use my normal moisturiser prior to this. Spf/pa protection is a plus but I'll probably use my normal facial sunscreen in summer or when I'm out and about a lot more.