Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

Bare Escentuals  Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

3.4

Active Ingredient: Titanium dioxide 6.2 Inactive Ingredients: water, coconut alkanes, propanediol, squalane, trehalose, isostearic acid, glycerin, silica, agar, caprylic/capric triglyceride, globularia cordifolia callus culture extract, salicornia herbacea extract, melilotus officinalis extract, coco-caprylate/caprate, butylene glycol, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, succinoglycan, polysorbate 60, cellulose gum, polyglyceryl-4 laurate/succinate, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, magnesium stearate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol. may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 10/15/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Have had this for awhile, every time I use it for more than a day or so. I break out. I have dry mature skin. Seems to go on and look great when applied but by the time I get home I can"t wait to tak it off because it looks messy,seperated,hanging in creases and dehydrated. Should hav returned. Might add their primer breaks me out too.

I can't understand for the life of me, how this works for some people. I don't have the oiliest face, but from the moment I put this on it looked like pure grease. I ended up actually getting up at a restaurant, going to the toilet and removing the product from my face with soap and water once, I was that uncomfortable. The packaging is great and I love the brand in general but I'd get a sample first.

I love this stuff! I get it off ebay for only 20$ which is 2/3 of the price. I got shade 5.5 bamboo and 6.5 desert, and desert is what I wear when I am tan, and bamboo is wonderful for fall and winter. The colors match me perfectly, and I love the formula. I do use my smashbox contour kit highlighter (the white powder) under my eyes, and forehead between my brows to set and matteify, but I leave the dewy finish everywhere else. I will stick with this until I get the courage to try anything else. I doubt I will find anything I like this much though. It gives good coverage, but is also natural.

on 9/10/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Background info:
NC15 Skin, Oily and acne prone with textures and acne scarring (both healing and fresh).
I'm using the colour Vanilla. I apply only ONE layer with a damp sponge on every application because the colour is already too dark for me and it does oxidise to be even darker.

Pros:
- Looks beautiful on the skin, so smooth and flawless, I don't find that it emphasises my pores or textures at all.
- Has SPF so great to layer on top of another SPF product during the warmer weather
- Does not emphasis try patches
- Doesn't feel like anything on
- Lightly hydrates
- I don't get oily until maybe the 5-6 hour mark and I have extremely oily skin. I always powder with a lighter powder to lighten the oxidisation
- Does not break me out, at all
- Lasts all day (10hr + days), I'll get oily but it doesn't look disgusting and the product doesn't break up

Cons:
- Oxidises
- Not many shades
- Cannot build it up - it doesn't last as long, gets oilier fast and breaks down faster, also if the colour is already too dark - the more you apply, the more opaque it gets - hence the more noticeable the mismatch in colour will be. Which also limits its coverage

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hears so many good things so I bought it. I have oily skin and I liked the sound of a "gel-cream".
It goes on pretty sheer, as per usual with a tinted moisturizer. It's pretty easy to spread and the consistency is very light and nice to blend over the face, like you would do a moisturizer.
It sets nicely also, and it's very brightening, it gives a sort of light to the face, and doesn't feel tacky at all. I set it with powder like I always do with any product, because nothing will last on my oily face unless I do that.
When I wear this, I get oily pretty quickly (2-3 hours in), especially my forehead- I have to blot a LOT, so it's not very comfortable to wear and makes me look shinier than an 80s disco diva.
Lastly, it breaks me out every time I wear it, on my forehead, cheeks and chin, so pretty much everywhere. It only takes one day wearing it for pimples to appear.
I had to stop using it , even if it was super expensive. Like a badly oxidized president would say: SAD!

on 9/21/2017 10:36:00 AM

I wanted to love it, because I had heard such good things about Bare Minerals, and because the woman at Sephora recommended it to me for my dry skin. Unfortunately, it flaked right off and I didn't love it.

However, I've been paying more attention to my skincare routine lately and my skin isn't AS dry. I might give it another shot, with lots of moisturizer. The tragic irony is that I bought this in my winter shade but my skin is way dryer in the winter yeeeeeesh

on 8/14/2017 11:45:00 PM

I've been trying a sample for the past few days and won't be purchasing. The colour I was matched to looked really ashy, but worse, the shiny finish really emphasised my large pores. I've also developed way more pimples than usual since I started using it, although I can't be certain this product is the reason. I think this could look really nice if you already have skin that's pretty much perfect, but if your skin is oily or has an uneven texture I would steer clear.

on 7/10/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product works for me only when used in a specific way. If I'm wearing it by itself, it's overly dewy (even on my dehydrated skin) and it never sets down my itself. That is why I prefer using this product as a primer for loose powder foundation. I combine it with my Tarte amazonian clay powder foundation and it gives me great coverage, lasting power and no cakiness/dry patches. Overall, it's an excellent skincare-type product for dry skin but I don't like wearing it by itself.

on 9/2/2017 12:46:00 PM

I'm torn by this product. On the one hand I like the moisturizing and the SPF 30 and the sheer wash of healthy colour it provides. On the other hand, I find it dries down too shiny for my comfort level, even on my mature combination skin. Also, even if you apply two layers it really is very sheer and doesn't cover up any flaws such as broken capillaries, scars etc. You definitely need to go in and apply concealer if you want coverage for any such flaws. Normally I don't bother with much powder when wearing liquid foundation but with this product due to the shininess, I find the need to apply a powder all over, such as the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish. I find I like the look of this better with the shine taken down a notch plus the MAC powder adds a bit more coverage. I will continue to use this on weekends when I want a bit of moisture, sun protection and colour. I have the shade Vanilla which is similar in tone to LM's Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. On my NW20 skin it adds a bit of extra warmth and colour.

This is a very nice foundation/ BB option that contains sunscreen. If using this as a foundation it gives light to moderate coverage. It definitely doesn't dry skin out and it is very lightly hydrating. If you have oily skin this might not work as well because it isn't mattifying at all- but I could see this working if you use a primer underneath it. The shade selection is great- I found a color that works perfect for me.