Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

Bare Escentuals  Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

3.4

Active Ingredient: Titanium dioxide 6.2 Inactive Ingredients: water, coconut alkanes, propanediol, squalane, trehalose, isostearic acid, glycerin, silica, agar, caprylic/capric triglyceride, globularia cordifolia callus culture extract, salicornia herbacea extract, melilotus officinalis extract, coco-caprylate/caprate, butylene glycol, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, succinoglycan, polysorbate 60, cellulose gum, polyglyceryl-4 laurate/succinate, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, magnesium stearate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol. may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 2/14/2018 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am NC25-30 I bought the color Bamboo. It is hydrating not oily. I use it as a primer or base for powder foundation or liquid foundation. I have very oily t-zone but at the same time my skin feels dry. I do have acne I use Paula’s choice and cerave for skin care. This feel very nice under any type of foundation and balances everything out. Coverage is not much if acne scaring and ongoing acne is going on. I will buy this again because it makes every base I use workout wonderfully.

Foundation I have used with this , just to name few, Mac studio fix powder foundation, studio fix liquid, Estée Lauder double wear, mineralize skin finish natural, everyday mineral loose powder foundation, maybelline fit me matte, L’Oréal infallible pro matte, maybelline liquid air mouse ( don’t remember exact name), bare mineral original loose foundation, tart Amazonian clay powder foundation and also mousse one in a tube and many other.
It is expensive considering the amount I need to evenly apply it on my entire face. I will recommend getting it on sale like 20% off coupon when ulta does send one. I do not apply is too much like a actual base but enough to cover the face. I use my hands , don’t want to waste product. I do apply cerave pm moisturizer before this and Jajoba oil or any oil from Ordinary brand very lightly under my eye area because it gets very dry. Hope this review helps :).thanks and good luck.

on 2/12/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Felt comfortable on the skin and provided sheer (even by tinted moisturizer) coverage. Didn't irritate and had no scent, which is nice. Given the gel consistency, this was surprisingly moisturizing for my dry skin. It sat a bit awkwardly on my skin, not laying a good foundation for any other products, which could be okay for some truly minimal days - but the last straw for me was that it oxidized terribly, so I really can't find a way to make it work.

on 2/10/2018 6:28:00 PM

This product gets the job done, but doesn't exceed expectations. I only wear tinted moisturizer or BB creams, so am usually not after very heavy coverage, but I do find that if I'm dealing with some redness, etc. I need to wear two coats. It is adequately moisturizing without clogging pores or feeling heavy, and isn't greasy (the finish is light and slightly dewy). If you're a chronic face-toucher, it'll be worn off by midday (...even if you have a post-it on your desk that says "stop touching your face"). Not a great base for blush or highlighter (they seem to slide off). All that being said, though, for a decent tinted moisturizer, especially for a very low-maintenance routine, it's not bad. The thing is, it's just not great. Pros: Light coverage, moisturizing, price. Cons: Too sheer, doesn't play that well with others.

on 2/1/2018 2:17:00 AM

This gives my skin a beautiful finish and lasts most of the day. Unfortunately, it oxidises so badly on me; I’ve tried using different bases and different finishing powders, but nothing so far has made a difference :-/

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

This is a great tinted moisturizer for those who are in a rush and run on the oilier side of the skin spectrum. I bought this as I don't like to just be bare-faced when I go on work travel trips. It provides decent coverage if I do a bit of concealing prior to. I have to set this with a powder as I like the look of natural perfection.

I really like this “tinted moisturizer”. At first i used a brush wasn’t blown away coz it kinda sunk into my pores and made those tiny foundation dots, didnt look good. Then i tried using just my fingers and looked beautiful! I like the amount of coverage i get, it’s still light coverage but more than most other tinted moisturizers i’ve tried. It doesnt look cakey, blends easily, doesnt break me out, and it lasts really well. One day i put it on at 7am and only took it off around 6pm and it was still there! The only thing that happened was that it sort of gathered in the crease of my nose, but just a bit, no biggie.
Packaging is nice too! Not sure if i wanna repurchase just because i still wanna try others first.

on 1/19/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this from QVC (which I never shop at and will not ever again) and it came in a really nice kit, complete with blush, lipstick, eye shadow, brushes. I wanted a treat for myself and thought how nice it would be to take this to the gym; no muss, no fuss, no lugging in moisturizer in addition to my powder foundation, etc. Well, as others have said on here (and everyone's different), it separates and also pools in the creases of my nose. I have called Bare Minerals about it (and got a snarky CSR) and told me that I needed to apply 3 things on before I used it. WHAT? Called back and got another one who suggested that I use their primer. At least she was very nice. But this is going back. That is, if I can ever get QVC to send me a label. Called them on Monday, spoke with "Ashley" who told me it would take her 24 hours to email me a shipping label. It's Friday and Ashley failed. So, I am calling them again today. It's a shame because I like the stuff in the kit but this is so stupid. And there's nothing Bare Minerals can do for me because I didn't buy it from them. SO...watch what ya buy and where ya buy it, ladies.

The latest: So, I finally returned my kit and QVC received it. When I called to understand why it said two to three cycles for my refund to be returned to my credit card, another doofus CSR and when I asked for a supervisor, she cut me off fast, only to transfer me to one of the show producers! Can you imagine that? If I had wanted to talk to a producer, I probably would have had a really hard time getting hold of one. So, he transferred me to another CSR, she was helpful, and I still wanted to talk to a supervisor. One called me back and I made my complaint to them. Hopefully, they will listen to the phone conversation. This is important, ladies. And one more tip for you -- since it was my first QVC purchase, I was granted $5 off of my purchase. But when they give you your refund, they do not include the $5 -- QVC keeps it. They asked if I was going to continue to shop with them. I said yes, but honestly, I never will. I am happy to stick with my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, which I also purchased directly from Bare Minerals. Hope this helps someone.

on 12/27/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Wow! I love this. It is light, easy to apply, and it looks like good skin. I bought it in Suede, and I apply a pea-sized amount with my fingers just like I would apply sunscreen. It gives good light coverage and makes skin look healthy -- not sparkly, not matte, just a healthy glow. One coat is usually enough, then I cover any problem areas with concealer. I find that it looks better after bonding with my skin for a few minutes.

I bought this at the same time that I bought Becca Aqua Luminous Foundation in Beige. I put BE on half of my face, and Becca on the other. Honestly, it was hard to tell the difference, but I feel like the BE lasted longer. At the end of a long day, this one still looked the same, but the Becca had faded a bit. Also this one has sunscreen and does not have silicones, while Becca is loaded with silicones and does not have spf. I like the look and texture of both, so I may keep the Becca for night time, but if I could only choose one, I'd go with Complexion Rescue.

on 12/20/2017 11:06:00 AM

This stuff is ridiculously great. I like it better than any TM I’ve tried (Bobbi Brown was my previous leader) because it looks so natural - no pooling in pores or creases at all.

I use Dune 7.5 and I’m NC 35-ish but more olive. It gives natural coverage and is buildable, has spf30 and leaves a soft, satiny look - a glow, not sticky at all. In a pinch i can stop using s/s as a separate step (just use enough of this) and definitely don’t need a separate moisturizer. Serum, this and done. I have normal to dry mature skin, smooth with a few age spots that this covers nicely. Already have a backup.

on 12/8/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I just got this as my HG bareSkin foundation is totally sold out in Sephora. I got it at Desert 6.5 which I think seems to look close to my skin tone.

It's winter now and I hope this is enough as I don't really like caking anything on my skin... Let's see!

EDIT: After trying it for a few weeks, I've decided that it's not for me. The colour oxidises badly and I ended up looking more tanned (in winter!). Also it is drying even though it is supposed to have some kind of benefits? It dries my skin out and "creates" lines that are never there. Every night when I look into the mirror before removing this, I see lines that I won't see once I finished removing everything! How is that possible???

Hmmm.... Once I finish this, I will not repurchase. I will also wait till summer to use this again and see if it's going to dry me out.