Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

Bare Escentuals  Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

3.5

Active Ingredient: Titanium dioxide 6.2 Inactive Ingredients: water, coconut alkanes, propanediol, squalane, trehalose, isostearic acid, glycerin, silica, agar, caprylic/capric triglyceride, globularia cordifolia callus culture extract, salicornia herbacea extract, melilotus officinalis extract, coco-caprylate/caprate, butylene glycol, lauroyl lysine, sodium hyaluronate, succinoglycan, polysorbate 60, cellulose gum, polyglyceryl-4 laurate/succinate, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, magnesium stearate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol. may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 12/8/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I just got this as my HG bareSkin foundation is totally sold out in Sephora. I got it at Desert 6.5 which I think seems to look close to my skin tone.

It's winter now and I hope this is enough as I don't really like caking anything on my skin... Let's see!

Doesn't seem to get much love here.

on 12/4/2017 12:30:00 PM

This is a bit steep, at $30, but for a BB/CC cream/tinted moisturizer, it really impresses me. I tried the Vanilla, from a deluxe sample, and enjoyed really good coverage. It felt moisturizing without making my face feel cloaked in product. I don't notice any major scent, and it has a bit of SPF (though I don't think it's as much as they say it has). It evens my complexion out nicely, though it doesn't erase dark marks and old scars entirely, but it was good enough that I had to look at the packaging several times and feel surprise that it wasn't foundation. Again, $30 is a bit much in price, but I really was impressed by this stuff.

on 11/30/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

TInted moisturizer is something I've come to appreciate as I've entered my 30s. I don't have acne anymore and my skin is significantly dryer. I love this product. The shade range is better than most brands. Don't be fooled by categorizations of different shades as cool, neutral, or warm. Swatch them. The allegedly "neutral/warm" toned Birch (1.5) is significantly cooler than the next "cool" shade (number 2). Buildable coverage and dewey. I apply with a damp sponge and set with bare minerals pressed powder over the T-zone. I really love the bareminerals brand; they make some of my favorite foundations.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This bb cream provides light-medium coverage so it covers some of my acne scars and gives an even tone appearance. The finish of this cream is beautiful, my skin looks glowy but not shiny. I use shade 5.5 bamboo which is a pretty good match! I also like that it has some spf in it, though I wear a separate sunscreen too (by Biore). I use a stippling brush to apply the cream.

on 11/6/2017 1:26:00 PM

I've had this for a couple of years and am finally ready to write a review. On paper, this is completely what I'm looking for - a moisturizer that provides light coverage with a dewy finish, with substantial titanium-dioxide-only sun protection (zinc oxide is a problem with my skin). The texture is amazing - a cool gel-cream - and the coverage is good. It ticks all the boxes, in principle.

But.

It makes my skin look really bad. I've used up a whole tube and I've realized that this makes me look BAD. It accentuates all my pores, and by the end of the day it manages to look broken up and very dry. I think it makes me look older, which is annoying as I'm wearing it to protect my skin and avoid aging due to the sun. My husband even commented that this looked bad one day after I'd just put it on and then walked into a sunny room. He doesn't usually comment on my skin so I know it was bad.

This product feels great on my skin and makes my face look luminous all day. It achieves perfectly what I was looking for: tinted sunscreen moisturizer that doesn't look or feel like I'm wearing anything at all. I do use a primer underneath.

This is NOT a replacement for foundation, it is the lightest coverage imaginable, and if I have dark circles under my eyes I definitely have to use concealer for that. Will be buying again when I run out!

on 10/15/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Have had this for awhile, every time I use it for more than a day or so. I break out. I have dry mature skin. Seems to go on and look great when applied but by the time I get home I can"t wait to tak it off because it looks messy,seperated,hanging in creases and dehydrated. Should hav returned. Might add their primer breaks me out too.

I can't understand for the life of me, how this works for some people. I don't have the oiliest face, but from the moment I put this on it looked like pure grease. I ended up actually getting up at a restaurant, going to the toilet and removing the product from my face with soap and water once, I was that uncomfortable. The packaging is great and I love the brand in general but I'd get a sample first.

I love this stuff! I get it off ebay for only 20$ which is 2/3 of the price. I got shade 5.5 bamboo and 6.5 desert, and desert is what I wear when I am tan, and bamboo is wonderful for fall and winter. The colors match me perfectly, and I love the formula. I do use my smashbox contour kit highlighter (the white powder) under my eyes, and forehead between my brows to set and matteify, but I leave the dewy finish everywhere else. I will stick with this until I get the courage to try anything else. I doubt I will find anything I like this much though. It gives good coverage, but is also natural.

on 9/21/2017 10:36:00 AM

I wanted to love it, because I had heard such good things about Bare Minerals, and because the woman at Sephora recommended it to me for my dry skin. Unfortunately, it flaked right off and I didn't love it.

However, I've been paying more attention to my skincare routine lately and my skin isn't AS dry. I might give it another shot, with lots of moisturizer. The tragic irony is that I bought this in my winter shade but my skin is way dryer in the winter yeeeeeesh