NYX Professional Makeup Lavender Color Correcting Powder

NYX Professional Makeup Lavender Color Correcting Powder

4.8

Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. ( / –) : Mica, Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007). [6/7/18]

on 4/27/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wish they would have called this, "Are you tired of Banana Powder not working like it does on fair skinned girls? And also, do you want to never see your oversized pores ever again?" Powder!
I accidentally found this powder and was unsure because everyone on YouTube is always wielding their banana powder to set under eye and pores, so I had been drinking the kool-aid using banana powder till now. I was in London Drugs (I'm a Canadian girl) and tried this because the NYX description of it said it was meant to brighten and cancel out yellow undertones whereas the NYX banana powder description said it was to "brighten and cancel out redness".

This is going to sound weird, but I'm medium-olive-neutral skinned (!) -I'm NC30 for reference- and I'm always trying to figure out what's the right fit for my skin to get that brightening effect. I'm South Asian, but my skin is always changing colours.. sometimes darker, sometimes lighter depending on the season and my level of dryness and how much water I'm drinking. Then I remembered hearing that Kim Kardashian sometimes used lavender powder to brighten her skin and under eye. When I put this stuff on in the store, I realized why she uses it. But this stuff in particular just fills in your pores but also brightens your face without looking ashy.

I'm a huge fan. This cost $11.99 CAD, doesn't contain talc (which is why I had been using my Shiseido loose powder that always somehow makes me look ghostly but I love because it has no talc), but I think this is going to be my new HG. I kid you not about this stuff filling in pores. Another WIN-product for NYX!

on 9/8/2015 1:32:00 PM

I have been looking to try lavender colored correctors for a while. I tried a number of different yellow/banana correctors and never found it did anything in terms of brightening my skin. I heard lavender will do a great job at this.

This powder is a very pretty pale/pastel lavender color. I don't find this brightens my skin at all. It does however, reduce/hide the look of pores so my skin looks flawless!! I have large pores and they are barely noticeable when I use this powder.

The powder is very finely milled and feels silky smooth. Didn't break me out and I have hyper-sensitive skin.

As the review below mentioned, do not completely remove the plastic seal. I just uncovered a couple holes with a needle and there's still a lot that comes out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I use this to set my undereye concealer-macs prolong wear. It stops creasing, is lightweight but gives great coverage and highlights without being too much.
I love this powder! It is perfect for brightening and setting concealer.
I'm a NW20 shade.

This is a good color correcting powder. I'm cool toned so I don't need lavender correction per say. But it is excellent for brightening up my complection especially if my base is a little too yellow. I guess you could say it's a dupe for the Beseme Violet powder but this is not as dark. I like this a lot for brightening because it's on the lighter side so those with olive tones which lavender corrector is geared for would probably like this for brightening the complextion but it seems too light for real correction of major flaws. Still it's a good powder but don't take off the whole plastic cover over the holes! Just poke a few holes because this product comes out like crazy!

I like to use this under my eyes where I do use a yellow corrector it makes a nice brightening effect. I also will dust it over my t-zone it makes my skin look bright and refreshed looking. This could as it is very pale come out ashy on darker skintones so something to look out for imo. I personally like this I have plenty of Violet/lavender powders so I don't need anymore but I did hit I would repurchase because it is a good product. The powder is soft, easy to blend and would probably work very well under foundation. When I use too much yellow I dust this on those areas then use my foundation and it holds it longer while stopping me from looking sallow. It's a good product that I'm having fun with. I'm definitely interested in the green powder so I'd like to try that next. Reasonable price and a pretty good product indeed. Recommended!