Bourjois Volume Glamour Push Up Mascara

1.9

on 10/14/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great brush that sits in horrendous formula!!!
The •brush itself• gives amazing length & separation, it's actually perfum quite well.
As for the formula goes- gooey, clumpy mess! If you're already own this try to reuse it with a different formula, than it can do wonders.

Hi MUA,
I was at Ocean State Job Lot & I happened to come across this mascara, for $5.00! What a deal..or so I thought. This mascara not only winds up all over your hands when you open & close the tube, but it has that "1980 chemical tar smell"! Yuck!
So, I started off by priming my eyelashes & then I went ahead & applied this mascara. It was like applying tar to your roof. It's the only thing that I can compare it to. I immediately took it off & tried it without the eyelash primer. Nope! It absolutely did the same tarry mess & it got all over my hands while trying to open & close this mascara tube! This by far is the worst mascara that I had EVER used! Even though it was $5.00, it did absolutely nothing but make a huge mess! THIS Mascara IS Definitely a NO GO! Please Don't waste your hard earned money on THIS mascara! I wouldn't recommend this mascara to anyone, and I certainly won't be repurchasing THIS Mascara!

on 12/8/2015 8:00:00 AM

While this mascara does make lashes appear fuller, longer and pretty, it does have a few nuisances that make it unworthy of a repurchase. The wand is big and clumpy and overall a big mess, making it hard to apply neatly. Also, this mascara tends to flake. However the biggest turn off for me is that this mascara is difficult to remove in the evening. All in all not worth a repurchase in spite of being really cheap, I just can't deal with struggling to remove my mascara every evening.

on 10/23/2016 5:09:00 PM

I big no for me!my lashes are naturally long and curled so I want a mascara to emphasize the curl and give volume.this one does exactly the opposite!after a while of the application,my lashes seem flat and not curled any more and they are stuck together so it seems like I have three hair of lashes on every eye.i was carrying it on my trips(I often travel by plane)and the liquid's texture is changed(propably from the heat in the plane)so it makes my fingers black every time I am opening the tube.do not waste your money

on 5/16/2016 7:48:00 AM

Clumps!

on 4/17/2017 6:44:00 AM

I absolutely hated this.. the formula it's awful its way too thick.. applying it was clumpy it made my eyes look like spiders legs, even after removing some of the product.. I wouldn't recommend to anyone absolutely awful

on 7/13/2015 3:54:00 PM

I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Effect liner mascara. This mascara is clump galore and dry, do not recommend.

on 9/30/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't wait to get rid of this product

on 10/26/2015 5:05:00 AM

Bourjois Paris Volume Glamour Push Up Mascara Waterproof.
This mascara is not waterproof!
Luckily I did a splash test at home in the sink with cold water before trying this out in the pool, and it gave me serious panda eyes as soon as the water hit it.
As for it's other qualities, it doesnt give any volume or length to my lashes, or much of anything really.
One positive aspect was, once it was all over and around my eyes, it didn't seem to sting at all, bit it did leave those little black bits that gather in the tear duct area.
Overall it is the worst mascara I have ever used, and I wont ever repurchase it.

on 1/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I find it very hard to work with this mascara. The formula is good and obviously one for a thickening mascara -(with a lovely rosy scent!) - but the brush is the problem here. I often find myself haphazardly stroking the brush through my lashes because I don't know how else to apply it. It gets everywhere! On my eyelids, on my cheekbones and the sides of my face. It doesn't properly 'attach' itself to the lashes, allowing me to wiggle and pull up like I normally would with a mascara, which is a shame.

The effect the mascara gives is definitely volumised and lengthened and the 'push-up' action does work, making the lashes look lifted, however it is not a holy grail mascara of mine.

I don't really recommend this mascara to be honest, there are far too many out there that are better for the price. Although Bourjois mascaras are my faves by a long shot, this one missed the throw.