CLINIQUE Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

CLINIQUE Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

3.3

water, isostearyl neopentanoate, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, glycerin, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, disteardimonium hectorite, trehalose, peg-10 dimethicone, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed soy protien, tocopheryl acetate, polymethyl methacrylate, propylene carbonate, lecithin, laureth-7, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone silylate, xanthan gum, dipropylene glycol, sodium chloride, magnesium aluminum silicate, polyaminopropylbiguanide, silica, coconut acid, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, bisthmuth oxychloride

on 1/6/2019 4:42:00 AM

My search for a beautiful foundation which consists longer stay flawless skin full coverage and much much more... has come to an end🤗 after I took Clinique beyond perfecting foundation.
Since I have a medium skin tone with a little of Acne on corners of my cheek bone. I was never able get a perfect shade for my skin tone. As it went to dark or too light. This product of Clinique Beyond perfecting foundation and concealer has so many shades that you can perfectly match your skin tone. And this product made me understand that we should never settle for anything less.Even if I would have managed to get the shade I was not satisfied with quality it gave I was never looking for too thick consistency of foundation or thinner. I just wanted a perfect easy spreadable Matte finish as well as moisture locked. This foundation is 10 on 10 easy to apply it comes with a dip stick which has a thick sponge wrapped helps absorb product and get us with out messing👍🏻👌🏻
This beautiful foundation has all that I really needed the right amount of moisture perfect finish.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I never used anything but Estee Lauder double wear. I’ve been using it for 15 years but recently my skin tone changed and even with help trying to match my shade, the shade I’ve been wearing for 15 years no longer was working for me and there was nothing else that matched. I was getting frustrated so I walked away from the woman that was helping me and I went over to the Clinique section. I decided to try this one because they had some darker colors and my skin tone is very tan but with pink undertones. I found the perfect shade immediately. While this does rub off on my fingers if I perspire too much, it really does stay on my face all day long. Nothing is going to beat the staying power of double wear but I do like the finish of this one. It’s Matte But leaves me with a little more glow. I don’t know any other way to explain it. I do have to touch up with a little powder a few times during the day I do have to touch up with a little powder a few times during the day but because we are going into the cooler months and I am not sweating buckets in the humidity of Florida, I can live without my double wear for a while. I am perfectly happy wearing this foundation every day. I’ve even had a few people tell me that my skin looked really pretty.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The display in the store (when this product first came out) was very convincing that this is a “do it all” product: opaque enough to conceal, yet blendable enough to be sheered out and look natural. I like using a full coverage foundation as a concealer so I was sold! The packaging also is similar to the popular shape tape with the applicator wand. As usual there was no Clinique consultant in the store to help me so I swatched several shades and made a color choice. When I got it home I took the time to read about it on Clinique’s web site and was disappointed to find the color would lighten as it set, so the shade I chose was a little too light. I tried it as an under eye concealer but couldn’t get enough coverage without it looking cakey. However, the color matched my neck perfect so I set it aside to try in the fall. Another day I tried doing more swatching in the store to match my skin tone at the time (summer with a tan) with no luck. The way they had the shades arranged makes it difficult to narrow down a color match and the whole “darker while wet” thing was frustrating.
A few weeks ago I pulled out my fall/winter foundation stash and decided to give this another shot. The color works so I applied it using my fingers to blend, and spot applying where I needed more coverage. It does spread very well, but this is not - in any way - a full coverage product. I have to use a separate concealer under my eyes because this just doesn’t cut it. It wears nice, but does not play well with certain products... since it has no sunscreen, I tried applying a light layer over my Clinique moisture surge CC cream (which Clinique suggests using under foundations as well as on its own) and it pilled bad. If my skin isn’t properly hydrated it looks streaky and settles into my fine lines and pores. But a sheer application does wear well over a heavy moisturizer and over Clinique’s city block.
Overall it’s a nice sheer to medium coverage foundation that can look natural, but I give it a lippie off for the lack of sunscreen and a second lippie off for its inability to conceal, the pigment just isn’t at the level they think it is. I plan to try to use it this winter but definitely won’t be repurchasing it.

on 10/14/2018 5:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

If this didn’t break me out, I’d love it.

Unfortunately, since I started wearing this, my skin has gone off the rails. I initially thought it was my pill, but even after I stopped taking it, the pustules and pauples continued to surface - primarily on my chin. I’ve worn this for a month with continual problems and have now decided to ditch it. It’s a shame because I actually really enjoy how this looks, lasts and feels on my skin. It’s not a buildable formula and is certainly not as smoothing as something like MAC Studio Fix Fluid however, it controls my oils well and I can get a good 10-11 hours without creasing, cracking or wearing away. The color selection is poor but the shade Linen suited me pretty well - not perfect, but a reasonably good match and nice tone. I’ve been impressed with how lovely this looks in photos and I love the doe-foot applicator as it is quick and efficent allowing you to disperse just the right amount of product with minimal wastage. That said, you do have to watch your application method and what other products you pair with this - the Laura Mercier powder worked well to set this, providing the most longevity on my skin. Other powders, including the Clinique Blended Face Powder (which I used in an emergency when my LM ran out), was not so effective. Overall however, I enjoyed this foundation but as stated above, due to the ongoing skin issues, I have sadly stopped using it. Fortunately my skin has cleared up leading me to believe this is the culprit. Shame. Not for me, but a good product if you aren’t sensitive!

Sorry, Clinique, it’s not you, it’s me...

on 10/8/2018 4:10:00 PM

I have been using this for almost a week now on my sensitive/acne prone/dry skin and I LOVE IT so far. This has not caused any breakouts. It has an awesome wand to apply to face and its easy to blend with a makeup sponge or brush. A little goes a long way and it does have a moisturizing effect on the skin but not too much. It looks like a healthy glow on the skin. I accidentally slept with this one one night and I didn't wake up with any break outs which is crazy to me! Also this is a great price point compared to other foundations. The only con is this did show a few wrinkles on my face (not sure how that happened) I highly recommend this foundation!

on 10/8/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought it would cover imperfections nicely but found it too thick and mask like.
I eventually threw it away. An expensive mistake

on 10/7/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a lot of facial scars and this foundation with additional spot concealer does the trick. I wish it was in a tube rather than a glass bottle and sponge tip applicator.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I tried this for weeks, hating it, until I found the best way for it to work on the skin. My accurate shade is Buttermilk, which is light in color with strong yellow undertones. This only works and glides beautifully on the skin if you have prepped it by exfoliation and intense moisturizing prior to application (and I have oily skin). I repeat, if you have otherworldly dry skin, this foundation will NOT work for you. It tends to look patchy, dry, and it highlights any texture on the skin. I believed the sponsored hyped reviews on YouTube, and this foundation actually takes a lot of work to manage it. The most redeeming quality of this foundation is how full coverage it is without the thickness.
Also, set it well with translucent powder or it will glide off during the day.
Packaging is glass, doe foot applicator is huge, and some say it's unsanitary but I don't really mind it.
Overall....... Well, it's an okay foundation.

on 8/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the worst foundations I’ve used. It is a full coverage foundation but it is SO heavy. The formula has weight to it, so I always know that I’m wearing something. I need to powder frequently throughout the day whenever I wore it or else I’d shine bright like a diamond. I find it oxidized to a darker shade but was so orangey. I wore this foundation to a special event and after taking photos, I look like a cakeface with orange frosting. The only good thing about this foundation was saving money on buying a concealer, but I’d rather spend the money on a good foundation and a separate concealer if I’m going to look like an orange cake. The bottle’s design was interesting but I disliked that it was glass therefore difficult to get every last bit of product. The bottom line is, I wouldn’t tell even my worst enemy to buy this foundation. Save your money, time, energy and photos - buy a good full coverage foundation and a separate concealer. Don’t try to save money or space in your makeup bag by looking like a clown.

This review is For The Clinque BEYOND PERFECTING SUPER CONCEALER

This Clinque super concealer is good minor dark areas on your skin. This is not good if you have deep dark eye circles, or serious acne scars or marks.
It is very natural looking especially during the day. Which will benefit skin that needs minor coverage. Unfortunately this product is not suitable for me. I have deep dark eye circles and
acne scars. I layered the concealer several times to get coverage over my problem areas. After layering there was still not enough coverage, my dark areas were visible. I so terribly wanted a one stop shop product that was lightweight and conceal at the same time. I must confess I intended to use the concealer as a foundation. Although its a concealer the lightweight texture can replace a foundation, but once again on fairly good skin.