Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

3.3

water, isostearyl neopentanoate, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, glycerin, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, disteardimonium hectorite, trehalose, peg-10 dimethicone, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed soy protien, tocopheryl acetate, polymethyl methacrylate, propylene carbonate, lecithin, laureth-7, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone silylate, xanthan gum, dipropylene glycol, sodium chloride, magnesium aluminum silicate, polyaminopropylbiguanide, silica, coconut acid, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, bisthmuth oxychloride

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have bought it since last year. I found it very much matched with my skin condition. I apply it in morning and it lasts till evening..
The results was quite flawless. Definitely recommended one for those who like light foundie plus concealer. For daily use.
It does not make your skin getting acne or similar.

on 4/15/2018 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, it is the perfect natural looking foudation, it gives you a natural glow, it is not full coverege but it does hide a lot.
I didn´t had any problems with this, some people don´t like the applicator but I´m fine by me.

on 4/3/2018 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not oily girl friendly but the color match was nice (Amber). Tried Mary Kay primer & M.O.M.on separate occasions. I truly want to like it, but it’s not going to make the summer lineup.

on 4/3/2018 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Update (4/10/18): Used a good moisturizer and Fenty primer with this today and my makeup is flawless. Moisturizing primers seem to be doing the trick for me. Good makeup day!

This is one of the more odd foundations I own. I don't reach for this very often as I have 13 other brands that I alternate. There is nothing that stands out with this one other than the price ($29) and the huge doe foot applicator used for applying it. It seems super wet compared to my other brands. This is not a matte foundation on me its more dewy finish. It is full coverage so a little goes along way. The finish looks unnatural on me so I have to take great pains to add concealer and highlight etc to make it more wearable. The feel of this is heavy and it literally feels wet to me allday..it is not transfer proof. Its a good base foundation, say if you wanted to mix this with MAC Studio Fix or another foundation to balance it out. I'm on the fence as to whether I would purchase this again. I just happened upon this foundation as I was cruising through Sephora and saw the "Clinique" brand and "$29" LOL. Its a decent foundation but nothing to write home about. I am in the deepest shade Clove.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The good side: This is THE only foundation I've ever tried that didn't cause a pimple for me. I love that it's fragrance-free and doesn't have SPF, both tend to break me out. (mineral sunscreens don't but in heavy majority of foundations with SPF they use chemical sun protection ingredients.) Also it goes a long way. I got mine two years ago and it's still in great condition. It has a nice, large selection of color shades. When I got mine the lightest shade was a little darker for me but they added new shades later. It feels good on the skin, not heavy. Without any other product on top of it, it still stays all day on me.

Tips & warnings: For a liquid foundation this is on the thicker side. Which means if you use in large amount and/or don't use a good moisturizer first, you will probably get the cakey look and it'll fill in fine lines as well. I think this foundation is more suitable for the No MakeUp MakeUp look. Meant to be used in little amount. I found the best way to apply (or at least blend in the end) is with a damp sponge.

When you follow the tips for the good look, the downside of that is you get less coverage. If your target is coverage, like you're more interested in the "concealer" part, this isn't the right product. I have pretty dark purple dark circles, some spider veins, and freckles. This doesn't cover any of them but only lightens their color a little.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

As a foundation, it brings out lines and wrinkles I didn't know I had.
As a concealer, it's the baawm ! covers it all.

on 3/11/2018 3:25:00 PM

I went into Ulta and asked them to tell me what they'd recommend for a full full coverage foundation. I have scars and I break out so my Maybelline fit me wasn't cutting it anymore. They told me to get this, tried it out on me first and I was surprsied. The girl was wearing it and looked flawless. This foundation is full coverage. I don't know if it's drying because I use a very hydrating primer, so I don't notice it being dry. Doesn't cake up. Covers in one swipe. Beautiful finish. This is my new favorite foundation. And guuurl it's only $29! That is not bad for what you get from this. I will repurchase for sure. New Holy Grail :) Yasss.

Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last THAT long. I put on a powder and spray my face with a setting spray and I don't find this lasts as long as previous foundations I've had. Still, this has been the best :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently tried a Clinque moisturizer and was impressed, so thought I would try this foundation. Compared to Estee Lauder prices, Clinque is cheaper. I also like that the products do not have fragrances. I went to the Clinque counter to be color matched, I purchased Buttermilk.

I like the foundation does not have fragrance. The bottle is nice and sleek looking. Applied to face the formula is rather light feeling on the skin.

The applicator is odd and takes practice to use it effectively. The color was okay even after being color matched. It was slightly too yellow which is shocking because I have never been able to find a formula that goes this extreme yellow.

This might be full coverage for some people, but to me this is medium. I get better coverage with Estee Lauder. This did not cover my freckles unless I packed it on and even then 2 hours later my freckles peeked through again. You do need a separate concealer.

It does not wear as long as Estee Lauder either.

on 2/8/2018 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is just ok, not great. It does cover up redness pretty well at first, but by lunchtime it slides off my T zone area. On the rest of my face it works ok. I am in my late 20s and it settled into my frown lines. I don’t even have wrinkles yet but this gave the illusion that my skin was much older. I also found it to oxidize and turn orangey throughout the day. I won’t be repurchasing.

on 1/27/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

this foundation is really full coverage! no need for concealer on my cheeks and nose. i applied with clarisonic foundation brush and blended the heck out of it, but this one was still seeping into lines and then cracking. i know that i have a lot of lines and this is not necessarily the fault of the foundation.

i worked away at it for a long time but the only thing to fix this foundation was to set with powder... and with chanel no less. for primer i used hourglass veil mineral which works with everything and milk blur stick which is also quite compatible with most bases. i did not use this product as concealer under my eyes.

the foundation looks good from a distance.. dare i say flawless. but up close im looking somewhat older with the cracked lines. this foundation actually reminds me of colorstay but with more coverage. since i have 2 bottles of colorstay to use up, im good. i will still use my samples of this one when im kicking around the house but it is not one that i will purchase. i simply cant wear this much coverage with the texture of my skin. i will try it with a damp BB next time and i will expect improved performance. but for now this foundation is just too much work for me when there are others that do not need so much help.

because this foundation does not set up (needs powder) it is not drying. it is matte but not 100% matte. pores look acceptable. it does feel relatively light weight on the face.

the shade is simply called 'neutral' (#9) which is fine for me, but the depth of the shade is too dark. funny how clinique calls this 'moderately fair'. it looks better after it has been powdered and i have my other makeup on but i had to bring it down my neck and wear a shirt that covers my chest. no need for bronzer today! i am around N25 in mac for reference.

i think that if you like really full coverage foundation and dont have lines and wrinkles then you might like this one. normal skin type here, i have no idea what it would be like on oily or dry skin. while it did shift around into my wrinkles, it did not shift anywhere else and accepted powder and other makeup with no issues. i dont find the formula to be drying nor overly emollient. just be careful of the shade that you choose.