Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

3.3

water, isostearyl neopentanoate, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, butylene glycol, glycerin, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, disteardimonium hectorite, trehalose, peg-10 dimethicone, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed soy protien, tocopheryl acetate, polymethyl methacrylate, propylene carbonate, lecithin, laureth-7, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone silylate, xanthan gum, dipropylene glycol, sodium chloride, magnesium aluminum silicate, polyaminopropylbiguanide, silica, coconut acid, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, bisthmuth oxychloride

First off, im very surprised this doesnt have an overall better rating. But for those disappointed perhaps this may help. (Please note prior to this i used glo minerals, tom ford, sisley, dior...i spare no expense when it comes to my makeup base, and in fact usually never even think to try clinique as generally i think of it as "ehh")

THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLY SKINLIKE AND NATURAL . Its almost on par with tom ford's traceless perfecting but with more coverage. However there are a few pointers i would suggest to get that flawless look.

1. Moisturize!!! I use an antioxidant face oil. But just make sure skin is well prepped.

2. #55 sephora brush to apply. Even though you may be looking for more coverage as i am to cover hyperpigmenration, a fluffy brush meant for buffing is best even if the brush is made for sheer coverage. In fact the thicker the base youre working with the more sheer you want the brush coverage to be, and vice versa, in order to get a flawless rather than cakey result. This covers a lot so you wont likely need too many layers, but layer if you need more.

3. Dot the areas if your face that need most coverage, then take buffing brush (i loooove sephora's cult favorite #55!!!) And stipple on the the areas you dotted the product and blend by buffing or continuing to stipple outward from the center of the product.

Voila!! Flawless. Also if you have hyperpigmentation try a shade that is slightly more W (golden) or rosier if gold is too yellow rather than your true color to counter balance the grey look of the pigmentation showing through. Covers better and also doesnt require as much product. Likewise if you suffer from redness do that opposite and look for something with more neutral or olive undertones to counter balance thw pink/red hues.

on 7/3/2018 9:41:00 PM

After trying many similar products, I have found the one. Love it. ♥️ I use it for the whole face and even if I touch my face all the time it stays there. Bought it 4 months ago and used it twice or three times a week since then and I am sure it will last for a year more.

on 5/1/2018 3:51:00 PM

I bought this foundation November 2017 so I've been using it now for almost 6 months. I have a fair complexion with dark hair. I purchased the shade 0.5 Breeze which is the lightest shade they sell. I usually wear the second to lightest shade in most foundations. The shade 0.5 was a little too dark on me which is surprising. I would say the undertone is more pink than I like, I have a lot of redness so I prefer a yellow base to even out my skin tone. I have normal/dry skin and I liked that it didn't amplify any dry areas. The applicator is a doe foot so it's not the most sanitary application. I would have preferred a pump. The coverage is more of a medium to full. I use a damp beauty blender to apply. The finish is more of a satin, this is not matte by any means. It transfers if you don't set it with a powder. I didn't find it useful as a concealer. Its just a mid grade quality foundation. I wouldn't repurchase this just because the color is too dark and there's nothing lighter for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have bought it since last year. I found it very much matched with my skin condition. I apply it in morning and it lasts till evening..
The results was quite flawless. Definitely recommended one for those who like light foundie plus concealer. For daily use.
It does not make your skin getting acne or similar.

on 4/15/2018 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, it is the perfect natural looking foudation, it gives you a natural glow, it is not full coverege but it does hide a lot.
I didn´t had any problems with this, some people don´t like the applicator but I´m fine by me.

on 4/3/2018 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not oily girl friendly but the color match was nice (Amber). Tried Mary Kay primer & M.O.M.on separate occasions. I truly want to like it, but it’s not going to make the summer lineup.

on 4/3/2018 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This is one of the more odd foundations I own. I don't reach for this very often as I have 13 other brands that I alternate. There is nothing that stands out with this one other than the price ($29) and the huge doe foot applicator used for applying it. It seems super wet compared to my other brands. This is not a matte foundation on me its more dewy finish. It is full coverage so a little goes along way. The finish looks unnatural on me so I have to take great pains to add concealer and highlight etc to make it more wearable. The feel of this is heavy and it literally feels wet to me allday..it is not transfer proof. Its a good base foundation, say if you wanted to mix this with MAC Studio Fix or another foundation to balance it out. I'm on the fence as to whether I would purchase this again. I just happened upon this foundation as I was cruising through Sephora and saw the "Clinique" brand and "$29" LOL. Its a decent foundation but nothing to write home about. I am in the deepest shade Clove.

Update (4/10/18): Used a good moisturizer and Fenty primer with this today and my makeup is flawless. Moisturizing primers seem to be doing the trick for me. Good makeup day!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The good side: This is THE only foundation I've ever tried that didn't cause a pimple for me. I love that it's fragrance-free and doesn't have SPF, both tend to break me out. (mineral sunscreens don't but in heavy majority of foundations with SPF they use chemical sun protection ingredients.) Also it goes a long way. I got mine two years ago and it's still in great condition. It has a nice, large selection of color shades. When I got mine the lightest shade was a little darker for me but they added new shades later. It feels good on the skin, not heavy. Without any other product on top of it, it still stays all day on me.

Tips & warnings: For a liquid foundation this is on the thicker side. Which means if you use in large amount and/or don't use a good moisturizer first, you will probably get the cakey look and it'll fill in fine lines as well. I think this foundation is more suitable for the No MakeUp MakeUp look. Meant to be used in little amount. I found the best way to apply (or at least blend in the end) is with a damp sponge.

When you follow the tips for the good look, the downside of that is you get less coverage. If your target is coverage, like you're more interested in the "concealer" part, this isn't the right product. I have pretty dark purple dark circles, some spider veins, and freckles. This doesn't cover any of them but only lightens their color a little.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

As a foundation, it brings out lines and wrinkles I didn't know I had.
As a concealer, it's the baawm ! covers it all.

on 3/11/2018 3:25:00 PM

I went into Ulta and asked them to tell me what they'd recommend for a full full coverage foundation. I have scars and I break out so my Maybelline fit me wasn't cutting it anymore. They told me to get this, tried it out on me first and I was surprsied. The girl was wearing it and looked flawless. This foundation is full coverage. I don't know if it's drying because I use a very hydrating primer, so I don't notice it being dry. Doesn't cake up. Covers in one swipe. Beautiful finish. This is my new favorite foundation. And guuurl it's only $29! That is not bad for what you get from this. I will repurchase for sure. New Holy Grail :) Yasss.

Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last THAT long. I put on a powder and spray my face with a setting spray and I don't find this lasts as long as previous foundations I've had. Still, this has been the best :)