wet n wild Max Volume Plus

wet n wild Max Volume Plus

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I get very little smudging w/ this product and it works really well on my stupid curly eyelashes. I noticed that some say it's too watery. If so, just pump some air into it and it'll thicken it up. I like this mascara and the price. Win Win.

on 7/11/2018 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't smudge on me like most mascaras and builds on lashes gradually so allows for greater control. For the price, I got it at the Family Dollar for a few dollars, it is reached for before any of my other mascaras and I really like it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While it does provide hold for my lashes, it doesn't give much volume and it gave my eyelashes a spidery look. It doesn't flake so I guess that is a good thing, but unfortunately I will not repurchase.

I had started couponing and i was able to get many things for cheap.. I'm talking about like 1 or 2. I bought this mascara hoping it was going to be amazing because well.. the lipsticks were not as bad for the 50 cents i would spend.. lol.. It was however very disappointing, its a very wet consistency and it got all over my eyes. I was not going for the smokey eye look, so i did hate it. I ended up giving it away because i don't believe in throwing things away. Anyways it uncurled my lashes and made me regret getting it, I don't recommend anyone to buy this product, but hey if you wanna go for it i guess, just don't say you didn't read it before hand.

on 6/11/2017 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Doesn't bother my eyes, but this is truly nothing remarkable. It doesn't clump, though, so at least there's that.

Edit: I've updated this to four lippies as I've been using this pretty solidly for the past month or so. The fact that it doesn't clump and does provide nice, buildable volume is pretty great for such a minimally priced, cruelty-free mascara. :) I think it even adds a bit of lift to my lashes, which is nice as I don't use an eyelash curler.

on 6/7/2017 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim at CVS because I'd forgotten to put any mascara on and wanted a cheap fix. I ended up really falling in love! It makes my lashes look much fuller and longer. It doesn't clump or look fake.

on 6/2/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am reviewing the regular (nonwaterproof) version. I love this mascara! I had been using the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, but it flaked really badly on me. This one has not flaked or smudged, adds volume and length as promised, lasts all day, and removes easily with micellar water. I don't mind the packaging, but I see why others say it is a bit bulky. The price point can't be beat... definitely worth checking out!

on 2/5/2017 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the waterproof version. The mascara itself is not bad---it adds natural looking volume and length with a couple of coats. (Nothing dramatic) It allows my straight lashes to hold a curl and dries quickly. It removes easily with waterproof makeup remover. (I use Lumene) My one complaint is the packaging. It's a little bulkier than necessary, and hot-pink foil covering comes off in clumps every time I use it. Too bad, because this annoyance is what will prevent me from buying it again.

on 11/19/2016 8:29:00 PM

What a value!! Was in a pinch so I bought this for one day and am still using it for day to day! I think it was $3.99!? It layers well twice or so. After that the clumps will start, but I don't need a ton of mascara (but sometimes I like it, who doesn't!?) so this works fine for me. If you're someone who layers a lot everyday this might not work but patience could be key if layers are allowed to dry. Not sure. Either way, this has good coverage, rich black color and doesn't crumble or wipe off too easily. For the price, this is certainly a great product. I've been using Clinique and other name brands for the past few years but am impressed with this and definitely drug store brand testing for a bit now!

on 7/23/2016 11:15:00 PM

This is good if u don't care much about lashes or if your a natural beauty and want that little something. I have to apply 4-5 coats to achieve a decent look - it gives me just a slight volumizing affect nothing too special. There are a lot better mascaras out there and this is just something I won't be repurchasing. The look I got with this mascara kinda reminds me of that famous pic of the gorgeous Kendall Jenner wearing natural glowy makeup. Other than that, it's kinda not the look I personally go for. Deff not a HG, but for the price I'd just try it