Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Bright Transformer

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Bright Transformer
Baby Skin Instant Bright Transformer

4.5

on 1/16/2017 6:23:00 PM

Nice stuff which does take the sallowness out of my pale skin. Makes me feel healthier and brightener. It goes on nicely, not too oily and despite other reviews on the web, it acts as a good primer with quite a high SPF. I will repurchase.

I added the 22mL bottle to my daily regimen about two months back and sadly, the lifespan of the tube has come to an end (with daily use!). I bought this at the airport (I seem to be makeup shopping there all the time! Blaming it on long transit times :p) after seeing it in my friend's house and was attracted to its cute pink packaging. At SGD$18 for a 22mL tube, I thought it was rather pricey…

Pros:
1. Comes in a tube therefore is fuss-free and hygienic.
2. A little goes a long way. I only use a pea-sized amount for my face - I think 60 days for 22mL is quite a bargain!
3. Gives my yellowish Asian skin tone a "healthy", pinkish glow (which is why I love this product oh-so-much!).
4. Has SPF35 and PA+++!

When I first used it, I didn't notice any difference to my skin and was (to be honest) a tad bit disappointed. However, lack of pinkness aside, it did help by prepping my skin for foundation and whatnots. But, I was truly sold when one day, I applied some of this and got distracted by something else, only to return (to continue putting on makeup) and was so surprised by the GLOW it gave my skin. I felt like it definitely took away a huge chunk of my skin's sallow, general blah-ness and made me look ready to face the day :) nowadays I tend to (on occasion) apply some of this and wait a couple of minutes before foundation just to see the glow this stuff gives!

On my recent transit at Singapore Changi airport (again!), I bought a box of three for SGD$32.70 - definitely a very happy purchase. Oh, and they were all 30mLs too! I'm glad they've started increasing supply and made it more affordable!.. which comes to…

Cons:
1. They can be quite pricey when purchased individually, but I'm not entirely sure retail outlets outside the airport will sell "value for money" boxes.
2. Accessibility: I've read quite a few blogs complaining that it's not sold outside of Asian countries (think they are available in Singapore, Hong Kong…) but, you can definitely buy them online (on Sasa for instance).

I've heard that this Baby Skin is a pretty convincing dupe to Chanel's Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base in 10 Rosee, however I've not tried the latter so I can't compare - but I will definitely do so once I've tried Chanel (because, you know, I've also spent money on a Limited Edition Le Blanc travel kit which comes with a full-sized bottle of Rosee!).