Etude House Skin Note Hydrogel Mask

Etude House Skin Note Hydrogel Mask

2.0

on 9/24/2015 5:46:00 AM

I bought the pore tightening mask and it was completely disappointing. I'd recommend using etude house's other smaller skin masks as they seem more easy to use, inexpensive and actually works.

Pro - It made you look like a psycho killer
Cons - Everything that the product is made for, sorry Etude House.

I bought two individually packed masks on a stopover flight in Singapore Airport as I had vouchers to spend and thought my face could use a little TLC after the eight hour flight I went through. The ones I got were "Clay Apple" (pore tightening) and Hyaluronic Acid Seaweed (deep moisturising). The cute packaging, needless to say, was the main attraction! At SGD$3 per mask I would consider it above average for price range (given that other brands will probably cost ~$2 each in a box).

I used the Hyaluronic Acid one after my shower and sadly, I don't even know where to begin in terms of how disappointing the mask was :( Firstly, the mask itself is split into two: upper and lower..face. The mask wasn't the typical cloth type but is jelly-like?? so it was very slippery and difficult to manage, the result being that it almost fell to the floor >:( I got hold of it just as it slipped from my hand and it got even messier *gawd. It was also sticky and trying to get it onto my face in the right places was challenging to say the least, not to mention having to hold on to the other half while doing so. When I *finally* got the masks in order and waited the 15 minutes the packaging instructed, I felt exhausted from the whole ordeal. The process of putting on a face mask definitely adds to the overall experience I would say!

All I could say of the end result wasmeh. I didn't notice my skin to be visibly brighter, or smoother, or softer. The sad thing was, I felt like I could have gone without; and I never feel that way about face masks! I've used a variety of Asian brands before ranging from My Beauty Diary to Lovemore, to even random Taiwanese Hello Kitty ones (oh yes they're called Sexy Look) and even Australian ones (can't even remember their names) and none of the odd 100 masks I've used in my lifetime made me feel this way :(

I used the second mask yesterday (10 days after my first experience). I hoped that this time around it will be different, considering my skin would have calmed a little, I'm more rested etc. However, history repeated itself :/ I went through the whole tiring process over, with seemingly mediocre to nonexistent results.

I could really love the face mask more if: they weren't so difficult to manage(!!!) and if it was actually effective! I'm not asking for miracles, but every other face mask I have tried with lower price tags have at least given me softer, brighter skin after application; so why can't this?