Black Radiance Soft Focus

Black Radiance Soft Focus
Soft Focus

Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Methicone, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use Golden Almond all over my face and Milk Chocolate as a bronzer. These can be a bit hard to find as they are only sold at Targets in areas with a large black population. These set makeup just fine and gives a matte finish. Golden Almond can lean a bit orange, but its the workable type of orange. Be sure to use a primer or something that fills in pores as this can accentuate pores and texture. Overall, its a simple powder that sets foundation. I am G100 in Cover Fx foundation

on 2/25/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This powder is very silky and sets your makeup without making it ashy. The finish is beautiful my only qualm is the packaging is so large that it takes up space. The Milk chocolate shade is a bit too red as well. I have to go with a light hand. Overall it's one of the better drugstore powders for women of colour and I would repurchase.

on 3/17/2016 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like this product. It is marketed as a finishing powder and that is exactly how I use it. After I finish applying my liquid foundation, I apply this to take down the shine. I can't exactly say that this extends the wear of my foundation as that hasn't been the case for me. But, it does matte down my complexion where it looks refined and poreless and not chalky. The price is amazing for a very, large compact. Definitely a winner for me.

on 9/15/2015 11:31:00 AM

I love this stuff! My skin is obnoxiously oily, and I've been looking for a finishing powder that would complement my medium brown complexion without looking "made-up". I do not wear foundation or lots of makeup, and I prefer a natural look on me. After trying at least 10 different products, from low to high dollar, nothing satisfied me so I gave up. I bought this on a whim while shopping for hair products and I am so glad I did! My only con is that I wish it came with an applicator puff or something, but I bought a pack of 3 for $.99 and that works fine.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It's okay. I personally wouldn't wear it as a face powder. I'm NC50 in MAC studio sculpt and the disco'd MAC studio stick and this stuff is hell-a RED. I have it in shade Milk Chocolate (the darkest shade), it was the only one of the shelf at the time at this Walmart in an entirely different city. MC looked kinda like my MAC Mineral Skin Finish in Dark, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's better as a warming contour color for the cheeks and face than anything else. The coverage is light but you can build it. I really would love to work for Markwins and tell them how they're under the wrong impression that red undertones work out for black women and explain to them that women are just buying and using their stuff because they don't know any better or dragqueens are loving the entire BR line for cheap contouring options.

on 1/19/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ladies...Black Radiance isn't ya mama greasy set up anymore. I've been a fan of their of powders for contour ( deep medium brown skin and uses Ebony for contour). I tried the new powders in Creamy Bronze and Dark and like the packaging and the amount of product that you get. I do have to admit that they aren't very pigments and is more suitable for a touch up powder, contour or highlights. I think that the dark powder matches to my skin perfectly so will throw this in my page when I want to give a break to my more expensive powder. This would be a wonderful start bronzer for young, lighter skin ladies and excellent for highlighter and setting foundation for us beatface women.