NARS Cosmetics All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

NARS Cosmetics All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
All Day Luminous Weightless FoundationAll Day Luminous Weightless FoundationAll Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

3.3

Dimethicone, Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Propanediol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Decyl Isostearate, Isododecane, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/Peg-2 Soyamine/Ipdi Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearyl Isostearate, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polysilicone-2, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, [+/- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It contain Isostearyl Isostearate, which is totally bad for acne skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The only product I have found in the 15 years I've used foundation that is as light in colour as my skin is. It blends easily with my skin and stays on all day. The luminous claim is definitely accurate, I often get compliments on how my skin "radiates" when using this product. I apply it with a brush and never notice any streaks and it does not seem to transfer easily to fabric.

I highly recommend this foundation if you are fair (I use the colour Mont Blanc) and need something to cover up redness or dark circles.

on 12/30/2018 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have never been so impressed by a Foundation before until I started using this... it is incredible.
It is the most high-tech innovative formula that I have ever come across in a foundation.
I was initially drawn to it at the beginning mainly because it is Oil free, Fragrance free, Alcohol free but was blown away by everything else it actually does!

I have noticed that it has a lot of mixed reviews and I am sure it is a lot to do with how it is applied to the skin. I think people could be going wrong when applying this with a brush or a sponge? I know people really dislike using their hands to apply foundations, but Nars recommend fingers and one pump of the product, which I believe is without a doubt the best way to apply this. If you watch the application of this by the actual Nars MUA on YouTube then you can see why. It is extremely high coverage and blends out effortlessly with your fingers and that’s why you could get away with just the one pump of the product!
Also in Desi Perkins favourite foundation review she said she actually purchased this foundation by mistake as was after the Sheer Glow but thought she would use it anyway... When she first used it she thought ‘whatever’ about it. She said she went back to it and for some reason, applied it with her fingers (which she never does) and she changed her whole opinion of it and said how impressed she was and how long it lasted in a hot climate and beautiful it looked on the skin.

I am incredibly oily and I just put a light dusting of powder over it to set it.... I use blotting sheets on my skin throughout the day and it does not budge at all, no separation and I can easily go from day to night without touching up.
So impressed with this that I actually brought a second bottle (which I never ever do with foundations) and I got the lighter shade for winter as the Santa Fe shade was getting to be the wrong undertone for me this time of year so turned to the Fiji shade which is now perfect.
I think I would be daft to turn to anything else
Now I have finally found the perfect foundation for me. I highly recommend!

on 12/22/2018 11:34:00 PM

I’m an nc15 and got the shade gobi, for some reason the sheer glow version was a better color match; this one is doesn’t darken much when it’s dry. Coverage wise, it gives great coverage and a little goes a long way. I have combo skin, this looks good applied with a brush, but with a beauty sponge it looks cakey and unflattering.

This is a product, that in my opinion, justifies mixed reviews. I bought it and was matched at the NARS counter-- I wear Mont Blanc-- it fits me perfectly. So, shade-wise, no complaint. I apply with a sample beauty sponge-- again, no problems. Blends out well and gives a great Matt finish. However, unlike Fenty or EL Double Wear, it does settle into smile lines after a while, which is where it gets points off. In that price range, I simply expect a flawless foundation. Hence, I would probably not repurchase it as the other 2 foundations perform really well without settling into creases.

on 10/16/2018 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wish this foundation fulfilled my high expectations but sadly this wasn't the case. Despite providing the perfect amount of coverage (medium to high) for my skin and giving a lovely almost flawless finish when first applied, I always notice my pores to be more clogged and oily than usual at the end of the day making me want to cleanse extra thoroughly after taking my make up off. It's a shame as I am impressed with every other aspect of this foundation (packaging, shade range, consistency, coverage, etc) but it's not worth worsening my skin in my eyes. I should've listened to the MUA that sold me this and reserved this foundation for nights out only!

on 10/14/2018 12:34:00 PM

Some people really like this foundation.
I am not one of them.

I have combination skin. I bought shade Barcelona, my skin tone is medium but with warm undertones. This shade was a bit too yellowey. But not completely wrong for me.

It comes out very runny and watery, and the pump only disperses a small amount of product.
But saying that there is a lot of coverage in this foundation, a little can go along way.

I just couldnt find the best way to work this product, a Beauty blender tends to soak it up because its so watery. And using a brush didn’t really work either, as it says to do, using your fingers is probably the best way.

I just didnt really like it. I found it to go dry in certain places and made me look a bit cakey. I did like the coverage but it didn’t even last song on my face.
I would not describe this as long wearing or luminous at all. I ended up giving this to my sister. Who hated it.

Pros.

* full coverage.

Cons.

* not luminous or long wearing
* can enchance texture, dryness and fine lines
* runny formula is hard to work with.

All Day Luminous Weightless (ADLW) is a really nice foundation from Nars. It is fairly similar to Sheer Glow, but the finish of ADLW is much more matte than Sheer Glow and it is slightly fuller coverage. I like this foundation best when applied with a damp sponge as it gives off the most natural finish with a medium-full coverage. I personally find the finish a bit too matte for my liking. I personally prefer a slightly satin/luminous finish and seeing as this product has 'luminous' in the name, I was not expecting something so matte! It did look a bit flat, so I recommend applying this foundation on top of MAC Strobe Cream and applying some highlighter and a spritz of face mist application (unless you love the matte look - then you will love this baby!). This foundation wears very well and lasts through sweating and exercise. It is transfer-proof and long-wearing. It did start to seperate slightly on my chin and around my mouth round the 9 hour mark, but it touches up easily. It is a great base for other makeup products (blush, highlight etc). I honestly wish I could rate this 4.5 lipsticks! I would definitely repurchase if I ever want a truly matte foundation - but until then I will stick with Sheer Glow and instead recommend this lovely product to my matte-loving friends!

I have NC20-25 combination skin and though at almost $50 this is pricey Im very pleased with this foundation. Light 3 Gobi is the most perfect shade match Ive found yet and this foundation in very pigmented Id compare it to the Juice Beauty foundation in that sense also has a very nice matte soft focus finish (no lumination I can see but im not complaining) and while im usually pretty oil after a few hours I had this on the other day for about nine hours and was still holding up well and looked great.
Only downsides to this was that I do have to use a hydrating primer with this or itll cling to dryness around my jawline and under my nose also application takes some patience as this is stubborn to blend out with my sponge definitely not for days im short on time to do my makeup but still worth it will repurchase

on 6/26/2018 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favourite foundations. I have normal to combo skin with a lot of acne marks and this covers them with no need for concealer. I just dab a bit more on the area if needed. It lasts all day on me. It passes my summertime test as I am from a hot and extremely humid island.

I am a NC30 and have this in Punjab.