NARS Cosmetics All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

NARS Cosmetics All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
All Day Luminous Weightless FoundationAll Day Luminous Weightless FoundationAll Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

3.3

Dimethicone, Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Propanediol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Decyl Isostearate, Isododecane, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/Peg-2 Soyamine/Ipdi Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearyl Isostearate, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polysilicone-2, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, [+/- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)].

on 10/16/2018 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wish this foundation fulfilled my high expectations but sadly this wasn't the case. Despite providing the perfect amount of coverage (medium to high) for my skin and giving a lovely almost flawless finish when first applied, I always notice my pores to be more clogged and oily than usual at the end of the day making me want to cleanse extra thoroughly after taking my make up off. It's a shame as I am impressed with every other aspect of this foundation (packaging, shade range, consistency, coverage, etc) but it's not worth worsening my skin in my eyes. I should've listened to the MUA that sold me this and reserved this foundation for nights out only!

on 10/14/2018 12:34:00 PM

Some people really like this foundation.
I am not one of them.

I have combination skin. I bought shade Barcelona, my skin tone is medium but with warm undertones. This shade was a bit too yellowey. But not completely wrong for me.

It comes out very runny and watery, and the pump only disperses a small amount of product.
But saying that there is a lot of coverage in this foundation, a little can go along way.

I just couldnt find the best way to work this product, a Beauty blender tends to soak it up because its so watery. And using a brush didn’t really work either, as it says to do, using your fingers is probably the best way.

I just didnt really like it. I found it to go dry in certain places and made me look a bit cakey. I did like the coverage but it didn’t even last song on my face.
I would not describe this as long wearing or luminous at all. I ended up giving this to my sister. Who hated it.

Pros.

* full coverage.

Cons.

* not luminous or long wearing
* can enchance texture, dryness and fine lines
* runny formula is hard to work with.

All Day Luminous Weightless (ADLW) is a really nice foundation from Nars. It is fairly similar to Sheer Glow, but the finish of ADLW is much more matte than Sheer Glow and it is slightly fuller coverage. I like this foundation best when applied with a damp sponge as it gives off the most natural finish with a medium-full coverage. I personally find the finish a bit too matte for my liking. I personally prefer a slightly satin/luminous finish and seeing as this product has 'luminous' in the name, I was not expecting something so matte! It did look a bit flat, so I recommend applying this foundation on top of MAC Strobe Cream and applying some highlighter and a spritz of face mist application (unless you love the matte look - then you will love this baby!). This foundation wears very well and lasts through sweating and exercise. It is transfer-proof and long-wearing. It did start to seperate slightly on my chin and around my mouth round the 9 hour mark, but it touches up easily. It is a great base for other makeup products (blush, highlight etc). I honestly wish I could rate this 4.5 lipsticks! I would definitely repurchase if I ever want a truly matte foundation - but until then I will stick with Sheer Glow and instead recommend this lovely product to my matte-loving friends!

I have NC20-25 combination skin and though at almost $50 this is pricey Im very pleased with this foundation. Light 3 Gobi is the most perfect shade match Ive found yet and this foundation in very pigmented Id compare it to the Juice Beauty foundation in that sense also has a very nice matte soft focus finish (no lumination I can see but im not complaining) and while im usually pretty oil after a few hours I had this on the other day for about nine hours and was still holding up well and looked great.
Only downsides to this was that I do have to use a hydrating primer with this or itll cling to dryness around my jawline and under my nose also application takes some patience as this is stubborn to blend out with my sponge definitely not for days im short on time to do my makeup but still worth it will repurchase

on 6/26/2018 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favourite foundations. I have normal to combo skin with a lot of acne marks and this covers them with no need for concealer. I just dab a bit more on the area if needed. It lasts all day on me. It passes my summertime test as I am from a hot and extremely humid island.

I am a NC30 and have this in Punjab.

on 6/10/2018 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I been using this foundation on and off since it has come out. I use it mostly in spring and summer only. I have a hate and love relationship with this one. It is a very watery liquid formula and the pump dispenser just not the most effective. I almost think this formula would be best in a cushion foundation. I would say you get a good medium coverage at best. It dries down to a satin matte finish and is hd camera ready. I got it to last for a good 6 hours using the Nars primer underneath and then light dusting of silica powder to set. But if you dont the finish doesnt last as long.

on 6/10/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is one of the most beautiful looking foundations right after it is applied. Gives a radiant, natural glow. I am super oily and it slid off my face within 2 hours. Update: Tried with a mattifying primer and it lasted much better. The finish truly is amazing. Idk if I’ll repurchase.

This isn't good for dry not oily. Only if ur skin is perfect combo. Lasted 4 hours on me. First hour was stunning. Sick of brands saying "long last" this, Fenty, LM flawless, none last longer than 4-5 hours. Clinique beyond perfecting i can go to work in it THEN go out and it slays. That's my HG

on 5/30/2018 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in the shade Syracuse a wee dark for my skin tone but it naturally adjusts once its already settled on my skin. I really want to love this foundation but for some reason it looks cakey around my nose area. I get really ocd when my make up cakes around the nose area I tried every possible technique you can think of just to avoid getting cakey but still... :( My face starts to oil up around 3 hrs and it also starts to fade after 5-6 hrs. I will give it another try during rainy season just to test out if the weather has something to do with the staying power LoL. Nars radiant foundation was better than this one will not repurchase.

on 5/29/2018 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Let me just say that the finish is FLAWLESS! And the shade is perfectttt. Only downside is that it breaks me out along my lower cheek, jawline and chin. If I could wear this foundation every single day for the rest of my life I would do so however I can’t handle the breakout 😭. Packaging is good but the black lid gets dirty quickly