3.2

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

3 months ago

When initially applied, this foundation is beautiful, perfect shade (especially for darker skin tones), did not need much for a full coverage. For such a light weight application, it felt very heavy on my skin. I do live in a place that is extremely hot and humid, after 30minutes my skin was so oily and the foundation was sliding off my skin and every time I brushed my face with my hand there was a oil patch of foundation that went onto my clothing. I tried to apply a mattifying powder but minutes later it was the same. Once it oxidised, it looked very ashy. I had cleanse my skin a few times to get rid of the oily residue. The next morning my chin and jaw area had broken out. I guess this is a no-no for me, I'll stick with MAC.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

6 months ago

it was supposed to stay all day, unfortunately after 2 hours all patchy and oxidized..

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Straight, Medium

1.0

7 months ago

This is the most obvious looking foundation I’ve tried. You can see it stick to everything and sit on top of your skin and it just looked super unflattering. Kind of settles everywhere but doesn’t set at the same time.

About reviewer (297 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

from

10 months ago

This confirmed what I feared... I absolutely HATE a watery formula when it comes to foundation. On my skin, a runny consistency immediately sinks into all my pores, fine lines, laugh lines & wrinkles. My skin ages about 10 years almost instantly. With the Nars ADLW Foundation, I also experienced serious cake face and patchy wearing after just the first couple of hours. Suffice to say, when it comes to a formula of this caliber, this product was the final straw - despite the lovely colour and coverage. As previously stated by other reviewers, this does look marginally better if you use you fingers to apply, however I DESPISE this method as it feels unhygienic. Brush and sponge application was absolutely dreadful. PROS Great colour (shades are darker than Sheer Glow, for reference) Luxurious, sleek packaging - with pump! Finally, Nars... Very high coverage with not much product - impressive! Natural matte finish with a slight luminosity - pretty! CONS Sunk into laugh lines, fine lines and wrinkles after just an hour of having the product on - aging features Exaggerated pores Feels heavy on the skin as opposed to meshing with it Wears off (badly) after 4-5 hours, causing a patchy cake face! You have to use your hands to apply (a method I HATE) Very over-priced - £35?! No thanks, Nars... No SPF - for the hefty price tag, a little UV protection would’ve been a pleasant asset... Contains some acnegenic ingredients including Isostearyl Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate and Isostearic Acid - be wary! I had blemishes/clogged pores after just one use... All in all, this is a very poor product at a highly over-priced tag line. Don’t waste your money!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

a year ago

I absolutely agree that you apply this product with your fingers. That actually holds true for the other Nars foundation (natural radiant) as well. I have tried using a sponge with both and it turned out patchy after a few hours. And a brush made it easier to spread but I found it to be cakey after a few hours. But when I applied this using my fingers, with just a little product, the finish was more natural and smooth. This is actually more matte than I imagined (coz of the Luminous name). But it is not a dry flat matte on me. This is one my of my go to foundations if I want good coverage all day long without looking too heavy. It does not feel thick at all. I still do set this with some powder as I do with all other foundations just coz it is so humid where I live. This is my fave Nars foundation so far!!! (I am Nc20 for reference and Ceylan is my go to shade here).

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

I live in Brazil in a city with temperatures ranging from 25 to 35°C. Not impressed. I have a HG in ELDW. I bought this foundation because of the claims it is matte and stay 16h. Positive points are: 1) Beautiful when first applied 2) Matte when first applied 3) Doesn't smell (no perfum) 4) Shade match was perfect for me (Syracuse) 5) Comes with a pump (just push the main cover) However, it doesn't stay. Even if I set it (Laura Mercier's setting powder or Too faced primed and poreless) it is gone by midday just like MAC SFF did with me. ELDW/Dior Backstage mixed with my oils give me a beautiful skin like finish. This is oily 4 hrs later. As so, it transfers like crazy. In addition, my pores are exaggerated when my face gets oily using this. Not a fan.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

from

a year ago

On to the positive I liked the color match (Montblanc for N15) and seemed not to get too shiny but looked too obvious and longevity was average. Glad I got a sample first.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

The only product I have found in the 15 years I've used foundation that is as light in colour as my skin is. It blends easily with my skin and stays on all day. The luminous claim is definitely accurate, I often get compliments on how my skin "radiates" when using this product. I apply it with a brush and never notice any streaks and it does not seem to transfer easily to fabric. I highly recommend this foundation if you are fair (I use the colour Mont Blanc) and need something to cover up redness or dark circles.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

a year ago

I have never been so impressed by a Foundation before until I started using this... it is incredible. It is the most high-tech innovative formula that I have ever come across in a foundation. I was initially drawn to it at the beginning mainly because it is Oil free, Fragrance free, Alcohol free but was blown away by everything else it actually does! I have noticed that it has a lot of mixed reviews and I am sure it is a lot to do with how it is applied to the skin. I think people could be going wrong when applying this with a brush or a sponge? I know people really dislike using their hands to apply foundations, but Nars recommend fingers and one pump of the product, which I believe is without a doubt the best way to apply this. If you watch the application of this by the actual Nars MUA on YouTube then you can see why. It is extremely high coverage and blends out effortlessly with your fingers and that’s why you could get away with just the one pump of the product! Also in Desi Perkins favourite foundation review she said she actually purchased this foundation by mistake as was after the Sheer Glow but thought she would use it anyway... When she first used it she thought ‘whatever’ about it. She said she went back to it and for some reason, applied it with her fingers (which she never does) and she changed her whole opinion of it and said how impressed she was and how long it lasted in a hot climate and beautiful it looked on the skin. I am incredibly oily and I just put a light dusting of powder over it to set it.... I use blotting sheets on my skin throughout the day and it does not budge at all, no separation and I can easily go from day to night without touching up. So impressed with this that I actually brought a second bottle (which I never ever do with foundations) and I got the lighter shade for winter as the Santa Fe shade was getting to be the wrong undertone for me this time of year so turned to the Fiji shade which is now perfect. I think I would be daft to turn to anything else Now I have finally found the perfect foundation for me. I highly recommend!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a year ago

I’m an nc15 and got the shade gobi, for some reason the sheer glow version was a better color match; this one is doesn’t darken much when it’s dry. Coverage wise, it gives great coverage and a little goes a long way. I have combo skin, this looks good applied with a brush, but with a beauty sponge it looks cakey and unflattering.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age25-29