L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Gloss

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
Infallible Pro Matte GlossInfallible Pro Matte GlossInfallible Pro Matte Gloss

3.8

Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Kaolin, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyethylene, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Geraniol, Magnesium Silicate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Tin Oxide, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 11/18/2018 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have this in the shade 318 Bare attraction which is a beautiful deep warm rosy nude on my NC42 skintone. Definitely a every day wear kinda shade. This gloss is so different to regular glosses. It's not sticky but more matte and feels really creamy and comfortable on the lips. The name of it "Pro matte gloss" can be very confusing (even deceiving) to some. When did glosses start to be matte?!

Do NOT expect a super MATTE finish, needless to say, it is matte CONSIDERING it's marketed as a lip gloss.
I would say the finish look more like satin lipstick rather than glossy shiny, but it still doesn't dry down on your lips out like liquid lipsticks. It doesn't accentuate lines or dry lips but gives a real smooth finish. You can press your lips together without feeling any sticky or goopyness. What I like about this special formula, is that it can be layered without a problem. The layers melt together, not like the feel of liquid lipsticks which tend to feel more crumbly and dry like cracked paint if you do that. You won't need a mirror to re-apply if you need to re-touch with this certain color, but maybe with the brighter colors. The formula is easy to control.
Texture is like a thicker mousse rather than goopy greasy gloss. The formula can be slightly drying, but nothing like liquid lipsticks at all. The formula doesn't melt into your lips which makes this gloss very transferable, but if I don't eat or drink I would say this gloss fades graciously within 3 hours and leaving behind a nice stain. (I do not believe that ANY gloss on the market could stay more than a few hours on your lips though) Although my lips look quite dry after 3 hours, it's nothing major.
I felt much worse and I'm sensitive to getting dry with my already quite dry lips.

The transparent packaging feels outdated but here you get what you pay for (8$) like sometimes in the drugstore. The cap twist to lock and has a slight rubberized feel. The shade name came on a sticker on top of the cap and has now rubbed off. Very unpractical if you ever wanted to repurchase same shade again. (I won't need to worry since I'm not re-purchasing this EVER)
The applicator is a soft pointed cushion doe foot, shaped like a drop, and makes application super easy. Drawing the lips within the lines makes it very accurate due to the pointy doe foot and it distributes the color beautifully allover with one single swipe and application. The silky applicator makes it a pleasure to apply.

THE DOWNSIDE :(
The ONLY reason why I won't repurchase or buy more shades is because of the smell. Don't get me wrong, the scent is very fruity/vanilla sweet yet nice, but the strong chemical smell transfers onto my lips and makes me kinda nauseous and makes me feel literally sick. Also, if I get it into my mouth, I can taste the smell and it gets in my throat somehow and I am so sensitive to this. (Just like I am to the L'oreal lipsticks, old lady perfume smells)
I read that some reviewers love the smell, I would too if it didn't linger that much even after applied and also if it didn't get into my mouth and throat. I like a whiff of it but don't appreciate the lingering smell for the time I wear the gloss.

I'm am so impressed with this formula though. But the scent and how it lingers just makes this unbearable! I will use this one up, but I won't repurchase. So sad to say so, cause this lovely formula is like nothing else I ever tried. I wanted nude allude and statement nude so bad :( It's definitely a every day kind of gloss and you are lucky if the scent/taste doesn't bother you.

So my final verdict:
Give it a try IF you're not sensitive to smells and the flavors of chemical glosses. It sure is a beautiful shade and if it works for you it's def one of the best lip glosses(formula, finish, unique wise) I tried from the drugstore. They have a nice color selection and it's affordable.

on 9/2/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I impulsively bought this one in Nude Allure after hearing a YouTuber comment that it was the perfect deep nude for someone who wanted a reddish lip but didn’t want to go all the way and wear a bold red lipstick. Those words were basically magic to my ears because there are those days where I feel a bold red is just too much and yet I don’t want to settle for a nudy-pink either, y’know?  Incidentally, the Youtuber wasn’t wrong, because this is a great “muted” red during the cooler months. In the summer, my tan-sand-olive skin gets a bit darker, at which point this shade appears even less red and more of a MLBB (still gorgeous though). I had tried this product in other colours as well and I feel that the formula is quite similar for most of the shades. They’re comfortable to wear and the doe-foot applicator with the pointed tip makes it really easy to slip on. The one huge drawback is that this stuff wears off really quickly – like, the minute your lips touch your coffee thermos. Unlike a lot of other lip product, this unfortunately does not leave behind a stain, it leaves behind my bare lip. This isn’t that much of a surprise since it’s so comfortable and silky. Real liquid lipsticks are either super dry or tacky and always uncomfortable (unless you spring for high-end). The thing is, I’ve fallen in love with this red-but-not-quite shade and I have yet to find a liquid lipstick in this color, so my solution is to apply a top-coat of Lipcote, a lipstick sealer I found on Amazon. It basically turns any lipstick into a stay-put liquid lip. Despite this extra step, I really like the pro-matte glosses because the colors are rich and pigmented. I'll definitely purchase in more colors!

ofc i would buy these in the nude shades. i have statement nude, nude allude, and bare attraction, these are very comfortable on the lips and pretty long lasting for a gloss i love the applicator and the packaging.

on 10/28/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the shade “Plum Bum” which is a deep berry and smells like jolly ranchers mixed with chemicals. The formula for this shade is not the best. It applies patchy and is hard to layer without making a royal mess on my lips. I did not enjoy anything about this lipstick aside from the shade. If only I could get it to work for me I might be able to overlook the scent but I’ve decided it’s not worth the struggle. There are a lot of great shades to choose from and I might give another one a try but for now I will stick with Wet ‘n’ Wild Catsuit Liquid Lipstick in the shade “Give me Mocha” which applies and wears like a dream on me.

on 10/25/2017 3:08:00 PM

I bought this gloss in Aphrodite Kiss because it was the color that was recommended by all the reviewers and it looked cute in the swatches. OOPS. It is a SUPER saturated hot pink. I haven't seen a photo online that does the color justice. It is not for the faint of heart. If I had known, I probably would have gone for a less intense shade because it makes my skin look a little sallow in comparison.

But color aside: I like the applicator because it gives you a lot of control, which is important if you go for a loud color. "Gloss" is a misnomer; this is liquid lipstick. It is fully opaque. The texture is cushiony and feels like silicone. It stays smooth while it's on, but there's quite a bit of transfer onto any cup or napkin you use. Aphrodite Kiss stains my mouth a little but I'm not sure if less bright colors would do the same. I marked this down because I'm not sure it's worth the price, and the packaging looks dated to me.

on 9/30/2017 12:45:00 AM

This stuff STAYS on your lips. It loses it's shine rather easily but I like it very matte so tend to wipe off some as it dries down for a really solid matte lipstick look that stays on for so long. Really vibrant colour and long wear time.

I tried this in forbidden kiss. It is a gloss but stays like a lipstick. It has really good lasting power, i tested out the ultimate challenge...salad. The base color stayed put but the shine was gone so I did reapply but it definitely held longer than any other gloss I have tried. My color is a very dark pink and looks almost like a purple/wine pink once applied. For me this isn't an every day color but great for a pop of color. I would definitely try other colors

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Aside from the fact that a Matte Gloss is an oxymoron, this was a good buy. It is a great liquid lipstick. It goes on very nicely, the applicator is a great shape for getting into the tight corners of your lips. The colors are very saturated and lovely. I have it in 310 Forbidden Kiss. It's creamy going on and stays and stays. My only problem with it is it can be drying.

PROS - Nice color selection, true to packaging, not too pricey. CONS - These aren't matte at all. The smell and taste is so bad that if I get any in my mouth it makes me cough. The regular lipsticks in this line have the same old lady lipstick smell but don't provoke a reaction like these. They don't last a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Bare Attraction is my HG rosy-nude lip color. (I'm NC42-45 for reference.) I wear it with Rimmel lip liner in Epic and it makes my lips look huge! I don't wear this alone because my lips are too dry- I line my lips then put lanolin on before I apply this. At first, it seems to settle into the lines and cracks on my lips but after a few minutes of letting the lanolin sink in, my lips look plump and full!