L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss

Infallible Pro Matte GlossInfallible Pro Matte Gloss

3.8

on 10/28/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the shade “Plum Bum” which is a deep berry and smells like jolly ranchers mixed with chemicals. The formula for this shade is not the best. It applies patchy and is hard to layer without making a royal mess on my lips. I did not enjoy anything about this lipstick aside from the shade. If only I could get it to work for me I might be able to overlook the scent but I’ve decided it’s not worth the struggle. There are a lot of great shades to choose from and I might give another one a try but for now I will stick with Wet ‘n’ Wild Catsuit Liquid Lipstick in the shade “Give me Mocha” which applies and wears like a dream on me.

on 10/25/2017 3:08:00 PM

I bought this gloss in Aphrodite Kiss because it was the color that was recommended by all the reviewers and it looked cute in the swatches. OOPS. It is a SUPER saturated hot pink. I haven't seen a photo online that does the color justice. It is not for the faint of heart. If I had known, I probably would have gone for a less intense shade because it makes my skin look a little sallow in comparison.

But color aside: I like the applicator because it gives you a lot of control, which is important if you go for a loud color. "Gloss" is a misnomer; this is liquid lipstick. It is fully opaque. The texture is cushiony and feels like silicone. It stays smooth while it's on, but there's quite a bit of transfer onto any cup or napkin you use. Aphrodite Kiss stains my mouth a little but I'm not sure if less bright colors would do the same. I marked this down because I'm not sure it's worth the price, and the packaging looks dated to me.

I tried this in forbidden kiss. It is a gloss but stays like a lipstick. It has really good lasting power, i tested out the ultimate challenge...salad. The base color stayed put but the shine was gone so I did reapply but it definitely held longer than any other gloss I have tried. My color is a very dark pink and looks almost like a purple/wine pink once applied. For me this isn't an every day color but great for a pop of color. I would definitely try other colors

PROS - Nice color selection, true to packaging, not too pricey. CONS - These aren't matte at all. The smell and taste is so bad that if I get any in my mouth it makes me cough. The regular lipsticks in this line have the same old lady lipstick smell but don't provoke a reaction like these. They don't last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Aside from the fact that a Matte Gloss is an oxymoron, this was a good buy. It is a great liquid lipstick. It goes on very nicely, the applicator is a great shape for getting into the tight corners of your lips. The colors are very saturated and lovely. I have it in 310 Forbidden Kiss. It's creamy going on and stays and stays. My only problem with it is it can be drying.

on 9/30/2017 12:45:00 AM

This stuff STAYS on your lips. It loses it's shine rather easily but I like it very matte so tend to wipe off some as it dries down for a really solid matte lipstick look that stays on for so long. Really vibrant colour and long wear time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Bare Attraction is my HG rosy-nude lip color. (I'm NC42-45 for reference.) I wear it with Rimmel lip liner in Epic and it makes my lips look huge! I don't wear this alone because my lips are too dry- I line my lips then put lanolin on before I apply this. At first, it seems to settle into the lines and cracks on my lips but after a few minutes of letting the lanolin sink in, my lips look plump and full!

on 11/30/2016 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up in Bare Attraction and I am pretty impressed. I do not like matte lipsticks in general as I am not a fan of the look on myself (I have small lips) and I find them too drying. I really like this, it's comfortable to wear and decently price. It doesn't last a long time on the lips and does fade quickly needing regular reapplication. The colour is really nice a brownish nude that is very flattering and a great shade of fall/winter. Would repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I own literally over 200 lip products I have unlimited access to all new products as my parents own a shoppers drug mart. These are amazing. I don't usually review I more red reviews but this is matte , has amazing colour pay off , not too warm or cool. Great packaging. Only complaint is it doesn't last too long on the lips but it doesn't dry your lips out or leave residue. 10/10 love it

on 10/24/2016 7:51:00 PM

I must say that I was pretty impressed with this product. It does have a couple drawbacks, which I will touch on, but overall the formula and pigmentation of this matte gloss is very agreeable to my lips.

My first experience with matte lipsticks was NYX Lip Lingerie, and to be honest it was probably one of the worst products I could have chosen to start with, as it was extremely drying and the finish looked very unflattering. I was almost convinced that it was due to my dry lips/cracking texture that made the NYX gloss look terrible, and was ready to give up on liquid matte lipsticks/glosses. I am so glad that I tried this one, however, as it was a much better experience the second time around!

Infallible Pro Matte Gloss has a wonderfully smooth and satiny texture that glides onto your lips, doesn't dry too fast (so you have time to work with it and make sure its even), and is fully pigmented. It has a slightly sweet smell, almost indiscernible, and does not sap the moisture from your lips within the first 5 minutes! Granted, after a couple hours of wear my lips did feel dry but it would happen with any matte lipstick, which are overall not very moisturizing in the first place. The finish was very flattering, almost completely matte and did not look like old cracking paint (which is the result NYX Lip Lingerie left me with). Infallible did not bleed into my lines and covered all my dry spots.

The drawbacks of this formula is that it does fade significantly after a couple hours of wear and will transfer onto cups and when touched. However, I will gladly trade applying a few times a day for a better look than to have vampire super-glue on my lips sucking all the moisture out, ending up with a cracking Sahara desert on my face. The good thing about the fade is that it does not look obvious. I have the shade "Statement Nude", which is a very natural rose pink, and even when faded it did not show my lip lines, and instead looked more like a soft stain. I am really tempted to go buy more shades, as I can definitely see myself wearing this gloss on a daily basis!