L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Gloss

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
Infallible Pro Matte GlossInfallible Pro Matte Gloss

3.8

Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Kaolin, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyethylene, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Geraniol, Magnesium Silicate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Tin Oxide, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 9/2/2018 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I impulsively bought this one in Nude Allure after hearing a YouTuber comment that it was the perfect deep nude for someone who wanted a reddish lip but didn’t want to go all the way and wear a bold red lipstick. Those words were basically magic to my ears because there are those days where I feel a bold red is just too much and yet I don’t want to settle for a nudy-pink either, y’know?  Incidentally, the Youtuber wasn’t wrong, because this is a great “muted” red during the cooler months. In the summer, my tan-sand-olive skin gets a bit darker, at which point this shade appears even less red and more of a MLBB (still gorgeous though). I had tried this product in other colours as well and I feel that the formula is quite similar for most of the shades. They’re comfortable to wear and the doe-foot applicator with the pointed tip makes it really easy to slip on. The one huge drawback is that this stuff wears off really quickly – like, the minute your lips touch your coffee thermos. Unlike a lot of other lip product, this unfortunately does not leave behind a stain, it leaves behind my bare lip. This isn’t that much of a surprise since it’s so comfortable and silky. Real liquid lipsticks are either super dry or tacky and always uncomfortable (unless you spring for high-end). The thing is, I’ve fallen in love with this red-but-not-quite shade and I have yet to find a liquid lipstick in this color, so my solution is to apply a top-coat of Lipcote, a lipstick sealer I found on Amazon. It basically turns any lipstick into a stay-put liquid lip. Despite this extra step, I really like the pro-matte glosses because the colors are rich and pigmented. I'll definitely purchase in more colors!

ofc i would buy these in the nude shades. i have statement nude, nude allude, and bare attraction, these are very comfortable on the lips and pretty long lasting for a gloss i love the applicator and the packaging.

on 10/28/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the shade “Plum Bum” which is a deep berry and smells like jolly ranchers mixed with chemicals. The formula for this shade is not the best. It applies patchy and is hard to layer without making a royal mess on my lips. I did not enjoy anything about this lipstick aside from the shade. If only I could get it to work for me I might be able to overlook the scent but I’ve decided it’s not worth the struggle. There are a lot of great shades to choose from and I might give another one a try but for now I will stick with Wet ‘n’ Wild Catsuit Liquid Lipstick in the shade “Give me Mocha” which applies and wears like a dream on me.

on 10/25/2017 3:08:00 PM

I bought this gloss in Aphrodite Kiss because it was the color that was recommended by all the reviewers and it looked cute in the swatches. OOPS. It is a SUPER saturated hot pink. I haven't seen a photo online that does the color justice. It is not for the faint of heart. If I had known, I probably would have gone for a less intense shade because it makes my skin look a little sallow in comparison.

But color aside: I like the applicator because it gives you a lot of control, which is important if you go for a loud color. "Gloss" is a misnomer; this is liquid lipstick. It is fully opaque. The texture is cushiony and feels like silicone. It stays smooth while it's on, but there's quite a bit of transfer onto any cup or napkin you use. Aphrodite Kiss stains my mouth a little but I'm not sure if less bright colors would do the same. I marked this down because I'm not sure it's worth the price, and the packaging looks dated to me.

on 9/30/2017 12:45:00 AM

This stuff STAYS on your lips. It loses it's shine rather easily but I like it very matte so tend to wipe off some as it dries down for a really solid matte lipstick look that stays on for so long. Really vibrant colour and long wear time.

I tried this in forbidden kiss. It is a gloss but stays like a lipstick. It has really good lasting power, i tested out the ultimate challenge...salad. The base color stayed put but the shine was gone so I did reapply but it definitely held longer than any other gloss I have tried. My color is a very dark pink and looks almost like a purple/wine pink once applied. For me this isn't an every day color but great for a pop of color. I would definitely try other colors

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Aside from the fact that a Matte Gloss is an oxymoron, this was a good buy. It is a great liquid lipstick. It goes on very nicely, the applicator is a great shape for getting into the tight corners of your lips. The colors are very saturated and lovely. I have it in 310 Forbidden Kiss. It's creamy going on and stays and stays. My only problem with it is it can be drying.

PROS - Nice color selection, true to packaging, not too pricey. CONS - These aren't matte at all. The smell and taste is so bad that if I get any in my mouth it makes me cough. The regular lipsticks in this line have the same old lady lipstick smell but don't provoke a reaction like these. They don't last a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Bare Attraction is my HG rosy-nude lip color. (I'm NC42-45 for reference.) I wear it with Rimmel lip liner in Epic and it makes my lips look huge! I don't wear this alone because my lips are too dry- I line my lips then put lanolin on before I apply this. At first, it seems to settle into the lines and cracks on my lips but after a few minutes of letting the lanolin sink in, my lips look plump and full!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I own literally over 200 lip products I have unlimited access to all new products as my parents own a shoppers drug mart. These are amazing. I don't usually review I more red reviews but this is matte , has amazing colour pay off , not too warm or cool. Great packaging. Only complaint is it doesn't last too long on the lips but it doesn't dry your lips out or leave residue. 10/10 love it