Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer

2.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This has to be the best primer I have ever ever used and I cannot bel;ieve it comes from rimmel. Its like glue, but in a good way. I use it under charlotte tilbury magic foundation. I have very dry skin and always suffer from under eye creases but thanks to think I feel flawless

on 7/12/2017 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

On my second tube but it took until yesterday to convince me it had any staying power at all. Usually I wear it under TF Born This Way foundation and don't notice it improves longevity, but when used under Rimmell Velvet Mousse it extends wear time from 3 hours to 7 so it deserves some massive kudos for that. It's not my favourite primer but it's super cheap and my skin is extra dry in winter, so I do like a thicker emollient formulation. The packaging is travel friendly but the tube dispenses a lot if squeezed and not a great deal of control for non-pump design. It is lightly moisturising, sets quickly, but it doesn't colour correct or blur imperfections, nor does it minimise pores but it does create a smooth base to fill them. We tend to expect magic from our primers with the market filled with such hard-working products which promise 9-1 benefits, and this is not one of those babies, but for its price point it does a good job of preparing my skin for base make up and extending the wear and performance of cheaper foundations, so will repurchase, especially as my skin needs some more emollient TLC in winter. Great value.

on 4/27/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Not impressed. For my combination skin this was inferior to other primers. Pore minimizing...maybe, skin perfecting, nope. Even though it's dirt cheap put your money into HardCandy primer if you want a cheap product that delivers. Sorry Rimmel, this just made my foundation look crepey and it didn't do much for softening flaws

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I generally use Rimmel's matte primer, but this was on sale and I was wondering if the grass was greener and gave it a shot. My first impression was that this is less blurring than the matte primer, which I wasn't thrilled about. It feels like rubbing sunscreen on your face rather than prepping it. After using it for a bit, I can confidently say this is the WORST primer I've ever used. Instead of making my makeup last, it causes it to separate and cake. I mean, it's awful. It manages to separate all my foundation while also highlighting exactly where I've applied concealer under my eyes and over blemishes. Honestly, just the worst product ever. Stick to the matte one if you're a fan of that. I'll be throwing this out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this primer thinking that it would make my makeup last longer than usual, but that was far from what I was expecting. I have oily skin and I thought it would make it last longer, as the name states. I apply this before my foundation and it comes out very white, like Elmer's glue. It goes on the skin very greasy but settles into the skin after a few minutes. My face became oily throughout the day like it usually does. I could've fixed it with some powder but I feel like this is a trick product. It doesn't say mattifying, but when it says "8+ Hour Wear", you would think it would keep your makeup in place and it doesn't. I would only recommend this for people who have dry to very dry skin and that's about it. Don't fall for the name!

Didn't like this whatsoever, it made my foundation rub off and look cakey. Plus the smell is really bad.

I bought this on a blind buy when I needed to get a new primer. I was a little worried when I got on here later and saw the reviews were not very good. I don't like returning make-up so I figured I tried it out. I've used it several times and I even used it on one side of my face along with another primer on the other side. I thought it was fair to give it a shot. I find that this is a good primer in the right conditions. If you have dry skin and live in a dry climate (as I do) then this actually works pretty well. I did find my makeup lasted longer than normal and looked fairly well. It does not control oil so if you have oily skin you'll probably hate it. When I wore it with my E.L.F. primer on the other side I noticed that the ELF kept my oil at bay and my skin wasn't as shiny. This Rimmel primer made my skin a little oilier. Both made my makeup last the same but I find the E.L.F. was better at making my pores smaller. I'm saving this for winter when my skin is really dry (6500 ft elevation sucks moisture out in winter). So this works well in the right conditions with the right skin type (dry skin, dry air).

on 1/19/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

If you have dry skin this primer is for you. I bought this on a whim. I tried other Rimmel primers in the past and liked them so I gave this a try. Firstly, its stark white, thick and heavy. I looks like the Elmer's glue that everyone is saying. It requires some effort for blending. It looks greasy at first but settles into a moisturized look. My skin remains tacky feeling though. I don't notice the disappearance of pores but I did notice that the dry areas of my combination skin remain hydrated throughout the day. I had an area near to my nose that got dry during the day and the foundation flaked and exacerbated the problem. It seems that the primer locks in the moisture and acts like a glue for the foundation.

This foundation is not terrible but I prefer a more weightless feel and a smoother base for my foundation. I could see someone with really dry skin appreciating this foundation. It may also work for someone who wants to wear full coverage foundation. I tend to use tinted moisturizers on an everyday basis so I'll pass on the foundation for now. If I have a dry skin issue in the future, I've found the primer for that.

on 8/18/2016 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Feels and smells a little like glue so it takes a bit to blend in. Doesn't make my makeup last longer or look poreless. Does help prevent foundation from creasing around my laugh lines, but that's it.

on 1/6/2017 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This primer works well on my very very dry skin.

It primer comes as a white liquid, that looks and smells somewhat like Elmer's glue. While this sticky primer may be too much for oily or combination skin, it actually gives enough grip for dry skin to make foundation last all day. Like the package says, you can wear this product alone without foundation, if you set it with some powder. It gives the skin a hydrated glow that

I wear a light coverage liquid foundation, the Cover Girl CG Smoothers in 705 Ivory, which is a very runny wet product. The foundation is able to adhere to the primer when it would usually slip on my very dry skin.

edit - I find that this is best applied with fingers