Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom in Color Lilac Flush

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom in Color Lilac Flush

4.3

UPDATE - this has become one of my all time favorite lipsticks (and I've tried over 30 lipsticks in my life and this is one of the 3 I've loved)

I had been looking online for a drugstore light purple color. I could not find any color that were nearly as pretty as the higher end lilac lippies. It wasn't until I stumbled upon this lilac shade online that I finally found something just as good at Mac Lavendar Whip. I LOVE this. It's not an exact dupe but in my opinion it's more wearable. There's enough purple to make it pop and stand out but also enough pink to not make it look outlandish, so I can wear it during the day to work. Cannot believe how few reviews are on here because it's truly an amazing color.

on 2/14/2017 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. It's my favorite. Bought it twice... Such a gorgeous color... I love it. It's so Lola. So dreamy duskk and daybreak.

on 9/9/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Along with Blushing Bud, I also have this shade and it is also very creamy, buttery and pigmented. It's such a beautiful light purple lilacky colour, and sometimes I wear this on its own and sometimes I mix it with blushing bud if I want to tone it down but still have a pinky neutral rose hue to my lips. The smell is really nice too. Would definitely recommend to those who are very pale and cool toned like me :)

I am kinda disappointed in this. I thought it was going to be more lavender less pink. It looks like a cool toned bluish based pale pinkish color. If it were more purple & less pink I'd be happier w this. I paid $6 for it. (MAC is $17). I've never been much of a Maybelline fan. I was looking for a dupe for MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2 but this is not it I don't think. I won't be buying any more Rebel Bloom lipsticks except maybe Barely Bloomed looks kinda interesting but caveat emptor this is not a true lilac, but I guess the pink makes it more wearable. I will stick w MAC for lipsticks. This is precisely why I don't like spending more than $2 (wnw lipstick) coz DS lipsticks usually end up disappointing me. I'm only ever looking for MAC dupes so may as well go to the source! This has no frost & it is quite sheer. I really had to swipe a whole bunch of times to get any real opaqueness. My mom who never comments on my mkup goes: "that is not a good color on u. Maybe for a blonde" so even she noticed this isn't good on me (NC-??, Reddish light brown hair, freckles, grey eyes).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm giving it 3 lippies for the formula alone because I love all of Maybelline's Colorsensational lipsticks, including the Rebel Bloom line. They are moisturizing, pigmented, and creamy. Another plus is the Rebel Bloom line contains no shimmer.

With that being said, Lilac Flush was only perfect in theory. In the tube it looks like a light lilac shade. But once applied, it took on a deep bright mauve color. I've spent my entire life believing I look great in lilac tones, until wearing Lilac Flush made me question it. Wearing it in public was nearly humiliating - I felt like a clown.

I'm willing to bet the color was just too dark. I am NC10 (very pale, yellow undertones) after all. But for any of you out there with a medium - dark skintone, this shade would look beautiful on you. I think Lilac Flush would look gorgeous on African American women.

It's a nice purple,but it's definitely more pink. I don't wear it out a lot but it is very pretty

on 7/4/2015 9:46:00 AM

Love this color. It looks really purple in the tube, but goes on the lips with a more pink color. It is a light cool toned pink/purple on the lips. It really makes your teeth look white. That is my favorite part about it. Whenever I wear it, people always comment on my teeth looking so white. Love this color. Please don't discontinue it!

Gorgeous colour - a unique blend of pink and mauve. Once I saw it in the store, I couldn't help but test the sample a little.

I'm surprised at how well this shade complimented my skin and hair/eyes. Stays on for a good amount of time. Has a slight scent, but is not overpowering like many other lipsticks I've tried.

A great choice for spring/summer!

I highly recommend this lipstick!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this lipstick!! The color is stunning, and it lasts a long time. Very beautiful light purple, almost pink. The texture is creamy, and it hydrating. I always get compliments when I wear this. Lots of women ask what lipstick it is. The price is great. You really can't go wrong with these Maybelline lipsticks.

on 4/19/2015 3:32:00 PM

From the online pic I expected a deeper color. Applies streaky, smears easily and is very milky looking. What a shame since it is a pretty light lilac color that I would enjoy if the formula was better. Very moisturizing and feels more like a balm than a lipstick to me. Wears off easily and requires frequent touch ups. Since this did not cost much I cannot be too disappointed at myself for a blind buy. I will not be purchasing any more lipsticks from the Rebel Bloom line.