The Body Shop DROPS OF YOUTH Bouncy Sleeping Mask

The Body Shop DROPS OF YOUTH Bouncy Sleeping Mask

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Chondrus Crispus Powder (Abrasive), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Adenosine (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Crithmum Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate (Skin Protectant), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Buddleja Davidii Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Malva Sylvestris Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract/Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Extract/Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Benzoic Acid (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

I am a massive body shop fan. I was introduced this product in my local store because it was on offer and thought I would give it ago. A Lot of people moan about the packaging of this sleeping mask but I actually really like it. It is quite heavy & not very practical but I think it makes the sleeping mask seem more expensive and better quality. Anyway when I used this for the first time, I couldn't believe the consistency of the product. It was like a sticky gel/jelly like cream. When I woke up the next day I felt disappointed because my face didn't seem much different. I continued to use this cream and after a week I noticed a massive different to my skin. My skin was a lot more smoother, hydrated & looked healthier. I don't quite know what they mean when they say bouncy but my skin looked in much better quality. I am now completely obsessed and will not do a night without applying the sleeping mask. My make up seems to go on easier & last longer too. I have sensitive combination skin and I am honestly so impressed with this product! When you wake up your skin can look abit greasy but I wash my face as soon as I wake up anyway so it has never been a problem, but if you have oily skin this moisturiser may be too much for your skin! Give this moisturiser a go and use it at least 10 days so you can see the difference it makes to your skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. First of all, I don't like the heavy, large, flat jar it comes in. It takes up a lot of space in my cramped bathroom. I would prefer a smaller, deeper jar. It does leave my skin feeling nice in the morning, but it also causes breakouts if I use it every night. Therefore, I am only using it occasionally until the jar runs out. It lasts a long time, but after a few months, the consistency is changing, it's starting to get too thick to apply properly.

DISCLAIMER: This is a first impressions review. I used this product for the first time last night.

I am so impressed! I put this bouncy sleeping mask on last night and no joke, I woke up this morning as if I had just spent 2 hours getting microdermabrasion. My skin feels like a baby's bottom and is firmer than it's ever been! No residue, no greasy film, just wonderful feeling skin!

Last weekend I purchased the Drops of Youth Essence Lotion as well as the Drops of Youth Cream and after using both morning and night for the last 6 days, I was noticing a big difference in the appearance of my skin. My makeup has been applying better, I have this healthy glow going on, the overall texture of my skin was looking excellent. Once I realized it could be the new skincare products, I ran out to get the Youth Concentrate and Bouncy Mask.

I have to say...I've never been one to gravitate towards TBS skincare, but this line is really great so far! Will it suddenly take away all of your fine lines and wrinkles and completely reverse the signs of aging? NO. However, after just 6 days and already noticing a positive difference, I think it's going to be a winner.

I have sensitive skin, and I've had no breakouts, dry patches, oiliness, or any other conundrum since using any of these products so already that's a HUGE thumbs up for me. Plus, TBS currently has the Drops of Youth Challenge happening, so you can try the products for 28 days and if you aren't happy, just take them back for a refund. What's not to love about that!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Eh, despite my hesitance, I was convinced to purchase by the salesperson at TBS who said it would be great for my combination skin. No dice. I have frequent breakouts whenever I use it. I regret the purchase and would not recommend to those with combination skin.

The first time I tried this product, it made my skin so DRY. I decided to try it a week later after my skin was back to normal. This time, I applied Pond's cream before putting the mask on just to make sure my skin wouldn't end up dry again. IT WORKED! I can see that my skin is more bouncier. However, I take it off after 20 minutes even though it's supposed to be a sleeping mask. Overall, I have mixed results about this product. I love the results I'm seeing so far but on the other hand, the mask is expansive and I had to bought another cream just so I could use it. For these reasons, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/2/2015 7:09:00 PM

this is a first impression review my skin background is combo in summer ( right now) and a bit dry in winter, but lately I've been showering 2x a day bc of morning and night workouts, and using sunscreen religiously, and have noticed my my skin around my lips and nose dry to the point of looking like its peeling and flaky. I have a rigid skincare regimen that would normally work but with habits and routine changes, I need to tailor it to fit needs. this is wear this product comes in. I have only used it once, as directed, as a last step. so I usually wash my face at night in the shower, then follow with toner and serum and any treatment potions, followed by a thin layer of night cream, then put this on top, with a little extra around my lips and nose. peopuhave complained about it being very sticky and not fully absorbing but I didn't notice the issue once I patted the product into my skin. the next morning, it seems to have healed !y dry patches a little bit, hopefully with continued use, the problem will go away.

on 9/2/2015 11:58:00 AM

Meh. I'm not sure what this is supposed to be. It has a very odd consistency. When you put it on it's VERY tacky....felt like I was peeling my face off my pillow all night. It does "puff" up your skin...so it DOES what it says it will do....but it's not all that moisturizing. It is an odd product. I imagine that it rests on your skin, or pillow as the case may be, and then moisturizes the top layer? So instead decided to use it as a body "mousse". Same problem, it stuck to my clothes initially. There are TONS of other products within the same price range that do the same thing, and dare I say...work better. I know this got good reviews by others, and I wish I knew you to send this to you. Didn't work for me. Won't be purchasing again. I find this will a lot of Body Shop products, they sound good in theory but in practice, they just don;t live up to the hype.

on 8/29/2015 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really love this mask. Its the 1st sleeping/overnight mask I've tried.
It's amazing!
I did read and see reviews on it before purchasing and the positive feedback pushed me to get it.
I do think its rather pricey but I reckon you're getting your moneys worth. Plus TBS always have SALES so you can get it for cheaper, I picked mine up when they had a 3 for 2 sale.

I love the look of the packaging, super sleek and sophisticated but agree with others that it is rather heavy. I've dropped it once or twice but it hasn't broken, the glass seems thick and strong!

On to the product itself! :D
I absolutely love the smell!! It smells soo clean and fresh.
I find the bouncy texture so amazing and unique, definitely what drew me to it.

The 1st time I used it I was grossed out! My face felt soooo sticky.
But I soon realised that it's because I applied too much.
Less is more. You only need less than a pea sized amount, rub it between your hands and apply to your face gently then finish off by patting.
I also find using a serum or oil (I use rosehip) underneath, helps with the stickiness.
From what I've read and heard, you can use this over your usual nightly skincare products and this should be the last step in your routine as it seals in all the goodness.

I've been using it for a while now, at 1st I was religious with it, I'd use it every night and now I do just a few times a week when I feel my skins some extra TLC.

When I wake up in the morning, my skin looks plump and smooth. I'm in early 20's so I'm not yet bothered about aging but I believe prevention is better than cure.
Over time I can definitely see the improvement it has made and my skin just looks more radiant and smooth and feels hydrated.
I used it through Winter and it seriously kept my skin in top form as I normally always suffer with dry patches during cold weather.

I'd definitely repurchase but only when there's a sale again :P

on 8/9/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I'm 50 with oily, yet dehydrated skin. I'm fortunate that I don't have many wrinkles yet, but I've noticed duller skin if I don't go for regular facials. The Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleep Mask is perfect for me for daily use. A dime-sized amount is all I need. Once it soaks in (approx. 10 mins), it doesn't feel sticky at all. When I wake in the morning, my skin *feels* plumper. I cannot say yet whether it *looks* plumper/younger, but it definitely doesn't feel dehydrated or greasy. It just feels...healthy. I'll continue to use it until I find the awesome overnight miracle worker.

I wanted to add that I have super sensitive, easily irritated skin. This product doesn't bother it at all.

on 7/26/2015 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

it may be a good sleeping mask for dry skin but not so good for blemish/acne prone/oily skin. i dont see it make any difference on my face after using it overnight. i use to rub an small amount on my balm then apply on my face, i dont apply it like any normal creams. but if i use a little more than usual, i would get tiny bumps right away next morning. i will continue to use because it is a hug jar but definitely not repurchase. there are something better out there waiting for me to try, i heard Sulwhasoo is a great choice.