Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour

Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour

3.9

ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DIMETHICONE, C9-13 ISOPARAFFIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SILICA, PROPYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TIN OXIDE, BENZOIC ACID, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Um, why was I not aware of how AMAZING this freaking lipstick is until today? I don't know what witchery this is and how the magic actually works, but this is without question the best liquid lipstick at the drugstore, and perhaps in general, that I have ever tried. And I've tried so, so many...too embarrassing to list how many. But anyway, back to how wonderful this product is.

I originally picked this up in 430 Wish Upon a Berry. It's the cutest shade of light pink that lights up my face and maybe this is just delusion but I feel like the shade makes me look younger. Ok, now listen up, because this next part is important: you MUST be careful with how you apply this lipstick. Unlike other liquid lipsticks that I've worked with which seemed more forgiving of mistakes/touch ups, this one is quick to set, and once it dries down completely it absolutely will not budge. Why, you ask? Because of the glorious top coat that is on the other end of the wand. It's totally sheer and it doesn't really feel like you're applying anything but a light gloss, but my suspicious self believes there's some kind of voodoo in here because after you apply the topcoat, the lipstick will not budge. It might FEEL like it's going to budge because the topcoat is actually very balmy and doesn't really dry down 100%. There will always feel like a little bit of tackiness even after it has completely set, but fear not...it's not gonna transfer. This shiz doesn't move.

Actually, it moves if I take a cotton pad of micellar make up removing water (Garnier, blue cap) and scrub. But other than that, this is the longest wearing lipstick I have ever used. Even through eating and drinking. I was so impressed with Wish Upon a Berry that I literally went out a couple hours later and got 230 Kiss Fatal. Kiss Fatal is so incredibly gorgeous, it's my absolute favorite shade of plummy mauve that goes so well against my super pale skin. My favorite lipstick used to be LASplash Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Seductress, but that got discontinued. I'm so happy I found this.

on 4/21/2018 11:15:00 PM

The most long lasting lipstick i have ever tried. Really stays on for 16 hr. The only thing i don’t like about it that it flakes about maybe 6 hr and need to be re-applied. But cant really complain as it is still the longest lasting i have ever tried. As i live in Japan i must say it is overpriced here.

A friend bought this for me, saying she thought it was a good product. I'm rather mixed, however: the packaging is pretty and simple, and works well for the product. However, the colors can be patchy and rather messy to apply, and you have to wait a rather long time to be able to apply the topcoat. I personally found it a little drying, but the colors they have are rather pretty and looked nice. It stays on for a long, long time, so if you can get past some annoyances, it's a pretty okay product.

on 2/26/2018 11:00:00 PM

I've got mixed feelings with this one. Although the color is rich and pigmented, it is quite messy to apply. It is hard to apply the balance of its pigment on your lips. You also need to wait until it's completely dry before you apply the gloss part.

Good points: once it dries and it sets, the color really pops! reasonable price; It stays on literally. It doesn't smear even if you wipe your lips with a wet tissue.

Bad points: dry on the lips; messy to apply; takes longer to dry before applying the gloss;

on 2/22/2018 12:15:00 PM

I like everything about this product except the formula. The pigment is good and it’s virtually bulletproof with the clear sealer on, but the catch-22 of this product is that you need to put a lot of it on to have an even coat but that makes it messy to apply. I like the Kiss Fatal color but not enough to deal with this formula. I’d rather find a dupe in regular lipstick.

16 hours - nope - but lasts more than all day and while fading, on me, fades to a stain type finish w/out the flaking of other long wear products. Dupe for Lipsense? Since LS doesn’t last 16 hours on me either, I find them to be similar in performance. However, this has a much better price point so will and have repurchased.

My number one go to lip product!!!!!! Ahhhh, if you've read any of my other reviews then you know nothing sticks or lasts on me without help. I can't believe I ever lived without this product and have written the company to ask for more colours. OK, here's what you need to know...

The Good Stuff

1. Lasts all day. Not that 'all day' lipstick that other brands (even high end) sell like Kat Von D or Stila, but I mean stick! The best way to remove it is with a lip scrub (also lip chap and sugar works just as well), Make-Up Eraser, or worse case make-up remover (but that doesn't work as great). My sister-in-law freaked out when I first introduced it to her, texting me 'how do I take it off!' No transfer when eating, drinking, etc.
2. Better than its counterparts made by Covergirl, L'Oreal or Pupa (see my review-this is the runner up brand)
3. Dries quickly, but not drying on the lips (most stay all day products take every ounce of moisture out of your lips)
4. A Bargain! At Walmart here in Canada, it's only $7.98! and it even goes on sale some times!

Not So Good Stuff

1. No re-applying. If you put new on top of old, it's a mess. If I need to re-apply, I use lip scrub to remove everything, and start from scratch. Same goes for changing your mind on your colour after applying. You have to start over.
2. Dries quickly (I had this as a good point, but it's also a race against the clock). I tell my husband just before I apply it that I can't talk to him. You have to work quickly and precisely. As I said, this product is not great for touch-ups. Any distractions and you have a mess.
3. The gloss portion that comes with it... stinks. Hardly enough product. So, I buy the gloss sticks from the CoverGirl stay all day (in the white tube) and it's great!
4. Limited colour options. I think there are something like 10 colours available in Canada. And 4 right off the bat are easy NO's.

The Good Stuff outweighs the not so good

on 1/4/2018 5:01:00 PM

I love this lipstick, only had it on for 2 and a half hrs but doesn't dry or crack my lips, the top coat lasts about 2 hrs but I didn't feel I needed to reapply as it was comfortable without it as well. The top coat is creamy and not oily or sticky or rough feeling like others I have tried. I love Rimmel and will keep using their products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had this in two colors - Kiss Fatal, the slightly metallic, reddish mauvish plum shade, and Kiss Me You Fool, the really REALLY bright, blue based red shade. (This color looked awful on my warm olivey skin!) The performance of these lippies seemed to vary by the shade, which sucks. I have to knock off a star for that.

Kiss Fatal stays on me perfectly for 10+ hours when I'm not even being careful with it, and if I'm being careful it can easily last more than 16 hours. Zero transfer. However, the same seems not to be true for the red one, Kiss Me You Fool. It doesn't transfer either, but it applies patchily, and I notice chipping, flaking, and fading after only around 6 - 7 hours. That would be fine, except that you can't apply these colors over themselves for touch ups, you have to take it off completely if you want to start again, which requires an oil-based remover, which is probably gonna mess up the rest of your makeup, so it isn't worth it.

But I really like the performance of Kiss Fatal. I don't even like wearing lip color, but I will with this product once in a while because I know I won't have to worry about it.

I think a lot of people have problems with this because they're applying it wrong. You are not supposed to put it on thickly, apply more after it has dried, or rub your lips together when it's wet. Please, stop. You put it on, part your lips a little bit, just hang your mouth open like a goldfish or the creepy kid in middle school who smelled like clam chowder with huge glasses who always stared at you in the next seat, just wait for it to dry before using your mouth for any mouth activities, and then you put the gloss on over your lips to lock in the color.

The gloss tastes horrible. It tastes extremely chemical, with maybe some lemon in there somewhere. But I have used Chapstick lip balm (which is more waxy than oily, so it won't remove any product - don't use an oily lip balm), and it works just as well to lock in the color and keep it moisturized, with the added benefit of a demi-matte or satin finish rather than glossy, which isn't my thing, and doesn't seem to be anyone else's thing either right now.

Overall I like Kiss Fatal, I can't recommend Kiss Me You Fool though. I think these products are really overlooked for some reason.

on 12/2/2017 8:46:00 AM

I have this one in Heart Breaker, perfect shade for my skin tone. This lipstick lasts all day though I do find it a bit drying so I have to switch it up sometimes. The colour eventually fades but doesn’t leave the dreaded outline which many others do. Overall though it’s my favourite and pretty cheap too when it’s on sale.