RIMMEL Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour

RIMMEL Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colour

3.9

ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DIMETHICONE, C9-13 ISOPARAFFIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SILICA, PROPYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TIN OXIDE, BENZOIC ACID, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this 2 step lipstick and have it in several colors.

Put them on in the morning and then forget about needing to touch up your lipstick, unless you eat something very oily. It stays put and doesn't transfer.

One of the best shades for me in the past is Heartbreaker a warm browned burgundy, but I found it a little dark.
(I would apply then smudge it to make it more sheer. I don't like my lipstick to be too strong)

Rimmel just added some new colors (finally) that are really pretty.

A new color 210 " flirty fling" is perfect for everyday for me. Its the similar to heartbreaker, but lighter. This shade, as well as the ones below are great every day colors that go with everything.

710 "kiss off" lighter apricot nude toned
730 "make your move" slightly darker than 710
215 "Summer lovin", similar but more brown
430 " wish upon a berry" more mauve toned but still neutral.

on 9/15/2018 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried this lipstick as wanted something long lasting and saw that it had good reviews on the Boots website. I am so happy that I did. I purchased 'play with fire' ..a perfect red lipstick. It makes your teeth look super white. Flattering to say the least. You have to wait 60 secs to allow the lipstick to set then can apply the top coat. The top coat is a nice non sticky consistency. Glossy appearance. The lipstick lasted ALL DAY including surviving 2 meals and drinks. My lips felt comfortable and did not feel crumbly- I think people who said it flaked had applied it too thick. Brilliant value for money. Best lipstick I have ever used!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Compré el tono Kiss me you fool.
Seca demasiado rápido, así que más te vale distribuir bien el color y que no te quede chueco algún borde porque no lo vas a poder corregir.
Viste cuando tenes los labios tan secos que cerras la boca y se pegan? Bueno eso pasa cuando aplicas el color, por lo que no te queda otra que ponerte el brillo. Nunca me pongo gloss arrba de un labial porque detesto que se manche el aplicador, con este casi no de manchó, igual no importaba mucho porque no aguantaba lo incómodo que se sentía sin él.
El acabado no es nada del otro mundo, queda brilloso y si bien el gloss puede salirse, el color no se va a ir con nada. Tengan algo a mano que ya sepan que va a poder sacarlo.
Lo único que tiene de bueno es que no tengo miedo de que se me salga, y aún así lo usaría tan solo para terminarlo.
Encontré el primer labial rojo del que no me gusta absolutamente nada.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I won't lie, i usually go for more high end brands. I used to have the impression Rimmel was a bit cheap and low-quality. That impression has since changed!
I bought this on a whim when playing around with make up with my friend. I chose the hot pink shade Little Minx and she thought the colour looked nice on me. 9 times out of 10 I use red, so this was a refreshing change1 It's a stunning summer colour. It's BRIGHT!

It's easy to apply with a doe foot applicator. The colour looks intense when first applied, but the product applies evenly. You need to wait a few seconds for the base coat to dry before applying the gloss over the top. The top coat is important as the colour alone would feel dry and unpleasant on the lips.

This lipstick does not move! It is kiss proof, you can eat and drink and it does not move. I fell asleep without taking my make up off (Hey, we've all done it!) I was still wearing the lipstick the next morning! It lives up to its claims. I'm thinking of getting more colours in the range. Maybe a nude or a pale pink that I can wear for work all day, without worrying about topping up my lipstick after every class!

on 4/21/2018 11:15:00 PM

The most long lasting lipstick i have ever tried. Really stays on for 16 hr. The only thing i don’t like about it that it flakes about maybe 6 hr and need to be re-applied. But cant really complain as it is still the longest lasting i have ever tried. As i live in Japan i must say it is overpriced here.

A friend bought this for me, saying she thought it was a good product. I'm rather mixed, however: the packaging is pretty and simple, and works well for the product. However, the colors can be patchy and rather messy to apply, and you have to wait a rather long time to be able to apply the topcoat. I personally found it a little drying, but the colors they have are rather pretty and looked nice. It stays on for a long, long time, so if you can get past some annoyances, it's a pretty okay product.

on 2/26/2018 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've got mixed feelings with this one. Although the color is rich and pigmented, it is quite messy to apply. It is hard to apply the balance of its pigment on your lips. You also need to wait until it's completely dry before you apply the gloss part.

Good points: once it dries and it sets, the color really pops! reasonable price; It stays on literally. It doesn't smear even if you wipe your lips with a wet tissue.

Bad points: dry on the lips; messy to apply; takes longer to dry before applying the gloss;

on 2/22/2018 12:15:00 PM

I like everything about this product except the formula. The pigment is good and it’s virtually bulletproof with the clear sealer on, but the catch-22 of this product is that you need to put a lot of it on to have an even coat but that makes it messy to apply. I like the Kiss Fatal color but not enough to deal with this formula. I’d rather find a dupe in regular lipstick.

16 hours - nope - but lasts more than all day and while fading, on me, fades to a stain type finish w/out the flaking of other long wear products. Dupe for Lipsense? Since LS doesn’t last 16 hours on me either, I find them to be similar in performance. However, this has a much better price point so will and have repurchased.

My number one go to lip product!!!!!! Ahhhh, if you've read any of my other reviews then you know nothing sticks or lasts on me without help. I can't believe I ever lived without this product and have written the company to ask for more colours. OK, here's what you need to know...

The Good Stuff

1. Lasts all day. Not that 'all day' lipstick that other brands (even high end) sell like Kat Von D or Stila, but I mean stick! The best way to remove it is with a lip scrub (also lip chap and sugar works just as well), Make-Up Eraser, or worse case make-up remover (but that doesn't work as great). My sister-in-law freaked out when I first introduced it to her, texting me 'how do I take it off!' No transfer when eating, drinking, etc.
2. Better than its counterparts made by Covergirl, L'Oreal or Pupa (see my review-this is the runner up brand)
3. Dries quickly, but not drying on the lips (most stay all day products take every ounce of moisture out of your lips)
4. A Bargain! At Walmart here in Canada, it's only $7.98! and it even goes on sale some times!

Not So Good Stuff

1. No re-applying. If you put new on top of old, it's a mess. If I need to re-apply, I use lip scrub to remove everything, and start from scratch. Same goes for changing your mind on your colour after applying. You have to start over.
2. Dries quickly (I had this as a good point, but it's also a race against the clock). I tell my husband just before I apply it that I can't talk to him. You have to work quickly and precisely. As I said, this product is not great for touch-ups. Any distractions and you have a mess.
3. The gloss portion that comes with it... stinks. Hardly enough product. So, I buy the gloss sticks from the CoverGirl stay all day (in the white tube) and it's great!
4. Limited colour options. I think there are something like 10 colours available in Canada. And 4 right off the bat are easy NO's.

The Good Stuff outweighs the not so good