Alaffia EveryDay Coconut Face Scrub

No Image

2.3

The store I purchase the Alaffia Everyday Coconut face wash in the pump bottle was sold out at the time so I grabbed the scrub instead. I am not a fan at all. It separates in the bottle between uses and the bottle leaked oil everywhere if stored lid down like it's designed to do! It left my skin super oily after rinsing and I had to cleanse after using the scrub. It does smell nice and the scrub is gentle yet effective. I just prefer the scent and gentle, yet complete, cleansing power of the brand's facial cleanser. I will continue to use the Everyday Coconut line (I use the cleanser, toner, day cream, night cream, and eye cream...you can say I'm a fan!), just not this scrub.

on 1/20/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I enjoy this product. The ingredients are clean and gentle on my skin which usually has breakouts. Sometimes the sea salt in this can sting on my open acne sores. I would not classify this as a "scrub". The salt and sugar break down quickly when introduced to water. I enjoy using this after I use the Acure brightening scrub. It is gentle and very moisture balancing due to the coconut oil in it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried the entire EveryDay Coconut face line and was disappointed with the face scrub. First of all, it constantly separates in the tube and the tube is leaky. Second, to get any type of scrubbing out of it, you need to use it on dry skin or else the salt & sugar (scrub particles) break down and you end up smearing just the oils on your face. Perhaps if the base was more of a lotion and stayed mixed it would be better. I think you would get the same product making it yourself by mixing coconut oil with salt or sugar.