Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint package w Hourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - noHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - no

Active ingredients (sunscreen): octinoxate 7Octisalate 4Titanium dioxide 4Inactive ingredients: Water/aqua, pentaeryl tetrasostearate, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate, calcium carbonate, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, glyceryl dibehenate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone, polyethylacrylate, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, tribehenin, alumina, butylene glycol, carylyl glycol, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristellena, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl behenate, gossypium herbaceum, hexylene glycol, lycium barbarum fruit extract, magnesium sulfate, mica, peg-10 dimethicone,pentaerythritl tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxethynol, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, potassium sorbate, propylene carbonate, quartz, quaternium-9 bentonite, silica, silica dimethylsilylate, sodium benzonate, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluranate, stearic acid, trietuoxycaplylylsilane. May contain ( /-): aluminum hydroxide (ci77002), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 2/22/2019 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Edit: ***snapped pic of box. Ingredients WAY DIF than what is online and what I wrote!! I窶冦 soooo sorry. If there is anything I despise, it is misleading anyone (Id never be maliciously or untruthfully deceiving on purpose!! Omg SORRYYYYY. Input just now ingredients (WATER FIRST) on ingredients tab hopefully sans typos so I窶冦 posting back of box w ingredients).

2nd edit: in the list of acceptable lite TM type cover products below w MAC face n body N1 my top pic 窶 there is actually something I like even better. Perricone窶冱 NOT 窶從o foundation foundation窶... the no makeup foundation in fair. It was on sale at Sephora (still is 3/1/19) only in fair (all other shades sold out there was defo an NC20-ish one and darker ones from there) which is exactly my skin color and stays that color 窶 *everything* oxidizes and darkens on me. (If u look at my pix, you窶冤l be like she don窶冲 wear no NW13-15 well I do. It oxidizes to 20 and I bronze and add blushes etc... but NOOO insta worthy contours and highlights tho I do USE highlighter and bronzer, I use in a non face sculpting, natural light hitting way. I chatted w a pic of me online, w Bobbi Brown MUA (salesperson) once, besides the fact I knew more about her product line and ingredients, and she literally was soooo rudely adamant about my not fair/light and rosy skin - but veering into medium territory. Yea I may look like that. But bare faced and not too ruddy I窶冦 fair. I have darker maybe chest 窶 sun damage 窶 plus summer I窶冦 always outside, and using retin a and acids for aging it窶冱 spf for days. I窶冦 ending a Brutal USA winter and still reapply spf many x ... omg off track I just wants to add a fave I left out chock full o mineral spf 30! Still under I wear spf too! I no care anymore if foundation has af all as you would never apply enough.
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I didn窶冲 read anyone else窶冱 reviews before writing this cuz sometimes they alter my view subconsciously... so here goes my take. I窶况e majorly upped my game in the skincare department past 9 mos, so most of the time this here former foundation/concealer/powder junkie just does a lip and a brow. MAYBE a very light TM. This covering up of perfectly normal, just pinkish skin lasted since age 10-13, to 39 (just turned 40). In the dead of winter though, I blow my nose a lot, nostrils get dry and red; face gets red and windburned; also despite religious spf usage I窶冦 outdoors a lot (when it窶冱 warmer) so I窶冦 VERY fair wintertime compared to rest of year (February in the northeast - NW15 is pushing it). My HGs in terms of hydrating coverage (when I need/want it) lately have been - in order from sheer to full coverage: jart+ tiger grass camo drops (more of a glowy skincare hybrid); LM illuminating TM in bare radiance (the original in cameo was like milky water to me & neither of them are moisturizing on me); MAC face&body in N1 (*favorite of these); It bye bye foundation in fair light; and MAC studio sculpt in nw15. Well... something was wrong with each one. F&B best fit but sometimes I needed something more opaque and EXTREMELY hydrating for my perpetually red dry chapped nostrils. Enter this product, in Shell. I窶囘 never have chosen shell since it窶冱 fair neutral and not cool/pink(vanilla is what I窶囘 have chosen). The lady gave me the wrong one and I was wearing it without notice. However 窶 in this dead of winter 窶 trying to hide red on a PALE face, the neutral did me well (anything 窶忤arm窶 - neutrals even sometimes-jaundice me). This STAYS ON my runny tissued to death nose, makes me look like a flipping Instagram glow filter is washing over me, and is super high coverage (to me). I do not use powder currently as it leeches precious moisture. Also, I usually plough thru product, but can get away with so little of this centered down face and under eyes. I usually (with all stuff) apply with fingers and blend with a dry or damp beauty blender or flat top synthetic foundation brush. I do put some tan de Chanel on upper forehead and all those places sun would hit like upper cheek etc - never close to nose. No contouring or anything. So in awe of this wonder product, I realize the ingredient nerd here didn窶冲 read ingredients. VERY RARE. Well - besides it being difficult to FIND the list on their or Sephora site, there窶冱 a blend of chemical & physical SPF (no oxybenzone), and NO WATER (first ingredient in, like, 99% of everything). The first ingredient is alumina. *** NOT TRUE SEE EDIT & ingredients I wrote. I窶囘 never heard of this ingredient nor many others. Many silicones. Minerals. Interestingly, the hyaluranic namesake hails from not actual hyaluranic acid but its lesser effective relative, sodium hyaluranate, and it窶冱 at the bottom. So I went on this one site that decodes each ingredient of many cosmetics. It turns out that most ARE hydrating. And, since I窶囘 never even heard of some, maybe that is the magic ticket in this stuff窶冱 now HGGG status in my life? I窶囘 never had anything like it at all, don窶冲 use this stuff in my complex skincare regime, nor seek them out in shopping. Maybe my skin will eventually find something wrong with it like everything else, but a week in, it is the one! New pic of ONLY w the Shell on. I have white headphones and lavender faux fur. I put JUST this over no 28 serum primer and didn窶冲 finish my makeup (brows lips bronzer blush whatever). Just took pic so u can see alone how this covers (no concealer & I have dark circles)

on 11/11/2018 6:38:00 AM

My Shade: Shell
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

I had heard such great things about the Hourglass brand, so was keen to try them out. I wanted to try this product as I was advised that it was a light tinted moisturiser that would give a light tint to the skin and be great for the summer. However, I - like almost every other reviewer - found that this is not at all like a tinted moisturiser but is rather a medium-full coverage foundation product which doesn窶冲 tint the skin but rather sits on it and can look quite heavy. I have worn this a few times, applied with fingers, brush and a beauty blender, but it never creates a natural finish. It has a creamy finish, but is quite thick - thicker than the Nars Tinted Moisturiser for example. It applies well though, doesn窶冲 streak or apply patchily and works both with and without primer. It lasts reasonably well, but starts to break up around the 6 hour mark. The natural oils of my face tend to break through around the 4 hour mark even when set with powder. However, I find this does emphasise the texture on my face. If you have textured skin, breakouts or acne scars, avoid this product. I also found that it actually broke me out too, which is a shame and is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Honestly, I would skip this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This just didn窶冲 work for me. I found it applied well and had a lovely finish after blending. It, it only looked good for about 4 hours before it started breaking down like crazy. I tried it with primer (Hourglass veil, which I love), without primer, setting, no setting; it made no difference. Contrary to some, I actually really like the packaging. It may not look amazing, but it窶冱 very practical.

on 5/9/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not really a fan of this "tinted moisturizer". In my opinion, tinted moisturizer is a misnomer for this as it's thick, pasty and definitely looks like you have foundation on, not natural at all, and just sits on the skin. I see this recommended for dry skin quite often, which i have (dry and mature), but it made my texture issues and dry skin look worse. On the plus side, it did seem to blur my pores somewhat. It never set and was easy to rub off hours later (powder might have fixed that issue but I generally don't like using it). I would say the coverage is high-light in one coat (a little more than light), and has a satin almost matte finish on me at least. I didn't see any radiance or luminosity whatsoever. Much like their claim, it didn't feel dry on my face (although i can't say it felt hydrating either), and it didn't make me itch and red like a lot of foundations do (i have very sensitive skin). I'm NC15 in Mac, and got the color Shell, and at first it seemed too light, but then it oxidized and was almost too dark, not good.

on 5/6/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was recommended to me by a company rep at Sephora. I bought it in Nude. I have combination, acne-prone skin and was looking for something with decent coverage that wouldn't dry out by mid-afternoon. For me, the best application is stippling it with a damp sponge. The coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer and some of the regular foundations I've tried, but I've used better products for less money. However, my skin seems to like that this is less heavy than foundation. I think It Cosmetics CC Cream has better coverage, better application, costs a lot less, and still makes my skin happy.

on 5/6/2018 5:54:00 PM

I really want to like this. The color is good (Vanilla) and I don't need to use very much because it is very pigmented. But, for some reason it seems to sit on top of my skin. I usually apply with my hands and try buffing with a good foundation brush and I end up with weird brush marks. Disappointing because this is a great brand and I love the packaging.

on 5/1/2018 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This skin tint made me go crazy. But first, I wear the shade Shell and I'm about NC15-NC20. I tried Ivory but it looked a bit peach on me. Shell is much more neutral. Any of the warmer shades, like warm ivory, is simply too dark. I have very dry skin in the winter and dry skin in the summer.

This is very much a medium coverage foundation, not a tint (as everybody in every review here has stated). It's thick, but I apply it with my fingers and it spreads and builds pretty easily. Upon first application it looks very, very dewy. Almost greasy. But then it sets and it just looks amazing. The problem I have with it is how it looks about 2 hours in and beyond. At that stage it isn't oily, it isn't matte, and it isn't even cakey. It just looks dry AF. Like seriously. Around my mouth it looks cracked and suddenly every little bit of skin or flake I've ever had is highlighted. In the winter my whole face looks this dry. In the heat of summer, it's mostly around my mouth and between my eyebrows, while my forehead and cheeks seem fine. I wanted this to work so bad that I wore it regularly for A YEAR. I just didn't want to give up. I tried it with every conceivable primer and without a primer. I stopped powdering it. Or powdered and then used a setting spray. Or didn't powder and still used a setting spray. I even used the Hourglass no. 28 serum primer under it and it just didn't solve anything. The only real positive thing I can say about it, is that it is very longwearing. I sweat at the drop of a hat and I can blot sweat without the foundation coming off. But it just doesn't look good. I have now accepted that I can't make it work and that my skin is probably just too dry and dehydrated to wear this. I would probably say this would work for someone with normal to slightly dry skin. If you can make it work for you, well, I'm jealous.

on 12/8/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and I was blown away. My face had never looked as flawless and amazing, I was that impressed I pushed aside the NZ$88 price tag and made the purchase. Welllll..... Whatever was in the sample, was not in the full size product. I just can't seem to get it to work for me now. I have to use a crazy amount of product every time to cover my face as it's so thick and it seems most of it gets sucked up by my beauty blender, and I cannot use a brush with it because it is so thick it just smears it around, and leave it looking streaky. I'm also not that fond of foundations with SPF and this smells straight up like sunscreen, but like I said, it looked that amazing the first few times with the sample that I was sold! I am really disappointed. I will of course use this up but for the price point there is no way I will repurchase, it's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought by about $50 extra. Not worth it for me personally.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, love the tube format. I love a good tube, because it's light, spill proof and easy to carry. Wish that all my products came in tubes.

This is supposed to be a skin tint, but for the level of coverage, it's closer to a foundation. The shade Nude is pretty spot on for me. It's also much, much thicker than other products I'm used to wear, which is why I just use a bit of it, and I don't use moisturizer because this is already quite rich in consistency, just a bit of serum. I blend it all over my face with a damp blending sponge and it covers well. I particularly like this to cover my under eye, because it's not at all drying cause it contains HA. Once blended, the finish is seamless, which I love. I set it with a powder and I'm good to go.

Now I'm oily, so of course this is not mattifying and will not remain completely set and unchanged all day; I've made peace with the concept that oils will poke through, no matter which product I use, and the fact that I always prefer moisturizing products over mattifying ones because they will help and protect my skin in the long term. This reacts to my skin issues quite gracefully. Makes me look dewy, but doesn't move around, and never looks patchy. I use retinol and AHAs and exfoliate regularly, so I don't have much issues with the texture of my skin anyway, but I don't know how that would look if I was flakey. In any case, it doesn't break out my acne-prone skin.

The smell is very faint and nice.

I would definitely recommend this if you have dry skin, because it seems like its rich consistency would really help.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I approach 40, my skin is definitely changing, so I'm changing up a lot of products I use to fit my needs. I'm dealing with dryness, aging, and uneven skin tone. I need something to smooth and even out my complexion, but I cannot use anything remotely chalky because it doesn't work on aging skin, it just amplifies lines and dryness. Also, I can't stand the feel of makeup on my face, but as I get older I can't get away with not wearing any. So I thought I had found a winner in NARS tinted moisturizer. It was doing a pretty good job, but it's definitely slippery and it transfers so bad. I touch my face and it's gone in that spot where I touched. I read good things about this Hourglass TM, so I picked it up at Sephora in "Shell". I am super happy with this purchase! It's not cheap, but oh wow is it nice! It's thick and fluffy, so it evens out over the skin nicely. It melts in nicely. Don't let the thickness scare you away, it's thick like that koh gen doh stuff. It's pumping and hydrating and it's not slipping around and transferring like the NARS. I freaking love this stuff. I am sure I'll keep repurchasing it!