Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This just didn窶冲 work for me. I found it applied well and had a lovely finish after blending. It, it only looked good for about 4 hours before it started breaking down like crazy. I tried it with primer (Hourglass veil, which I love), without primer, setting, no setting; it made no difference. Contrary to some, I actually really like the packaging. It may not look amazing, but it窶冱 very practical.

on 1/19/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is soooo beau-ti-ful. If you have dry, mature skin then this is a must. Normally my skin looks so flat and lifely especially now in winter but not with this. I have glowy younger looking skin. It is not a tint but a foundation. It feels a bit like a thick sunscreen. It blends beautifully. Definitely worth the money so run.... ;)

P.S.: I have this in Warm Ivory. I'm MUFE no 120.

on 11/27/2016 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm just going to come right out and say this is the best foundation on earth. I cannot even put my love for this product into words that are strong enough to accurately portray my affection.
I am 38 years old and some fine lines and dullness have been creeping up on me. Right now I'm probably about an N20 and the shade "Nude" is perfect for me. I also use retin-a and have a lot of dry patches on my cheeks. My t-zone is prone to getting super oily and I have a huge issue with foundations making my nose oily and my pores look huge.
This foundation is excellent for aging skin. I swear it shaves at least 5 years off of my complexion! It gives a youthful glow without ever being greasy or shiny! The longevity is amazing too. I can easily get 8-10 hours wear without it breaking down or getting splotchy.
**Most importantly...my pores are non-existent when I wear this foundation! I can layer the ever-living hell out of this stuff and it never settles into pores. It literally spackles and smooths right over them like butter. All day. I can easily build up to a solid medium coverage but it looks so good and never "made-up".
To be honest, I didn't expect nor did I want to love this foundation so much. It's quite expensive! But I'm hooked. This is it. The one. My unicorn! 洶

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not sure why this is in the Tinted Moisturiser section, as this is definitely a foundation. Perhaps it is the 'Skin Tint' in the name that threw off whoever categorised it.

To put my review into some perspective, I have extremely dry NW10 skin that often breaks out into little eczema patches around my mouth. I am also prone to acne around my mouth due to my use of steroid cream. My skin often hurts as it's so dry, so my moisture needs are very high, and most primers and foundations marketed to dry skin are not moisturising enough for me.

My main requirements for a foundation are that it moisturises my skin throughout the day, doesn't cling to my dry patches, and has light to medium coverage as I have a good concealer that deals with my acne. I like a dewy finish, although I don't mind a soft matte finish if the foundation is super moisturising as a trade-off. I don't have issues with pigmentation, redness, or pores.

I have this foundation in Vanilla, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for me, but so long as I blend it down my neck then it looks fine. I have not experimented with using a white mixer, but I might consider this in the future as I like to match my skintone as perfectly as I can. I think this would be a perfect match for an NW15, although the lightest NC shades might be able to get away with it as well.

This is a **very very very** moisturising foundation. People with oily skin will not like it at all and I'd advise that they steer clear of it. I don't know if I'd recommend it for a person with normal or slightly dry skin, either, unless they applied a very thin layer and used powder on top. It is quite heavy and dewy, but if you're like me and appreciate a layer of moisture that sticks around, then you will like the feeling of it on your face. It stays this way all day, although I haven't used it past seven hours of wear so I can't comment on how it performs for a longer period of time. Overall this is a very comfortable product to wear on my face, which is my number one requirement.

There is little scent, so I think it would be good for people who are sensitive to fragrance. I can't comment on the ingredients list with regards to potential irritants.

Coverage-wise, I'd say that it has a medium coverage, although it's on the light side of medium. It applies well with a brush, makeup sponge (which will sheer it out more), and fingers - interestingly, I quite like the effect I get when I apply it with just my fingers.

It comes in a nice squeezy tube, which is on the smaller side.

Overall I really like this foundation, especially on my drier days when my face hurts. I would definitely recommend trying a sample of this before you buy, though, because people with any oil in their skin will probably hate it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wow, I love this. I was looking for a new foundation and this was just a random sample that a sales assistant fetched me. I'm so glad I tried it. It sits so nicely on my dry skin and doesn't grab dry patches. It has a nice, natural glow to it also. I have this in Shell and it's a great match for me.

I use it with Nars radiance primer and Nars pressed powder. I apply by dabbing over my face and blending with a stipling brush. The finish I get is probably medium. It does wear off a little towards the end of the day but holds up fairly well. It gives my skin an absolutely flawless finish. A little goes a very long way - I use a pea size amount.

The downsides - price and packaging. At nearly AUD$90... OUCH! Also, I really don't like these squeezy tubes as the product is really hard to get out towards the end. If I'm paying that much for a foundation I want to be able to use up every last drop.

It seems silly to call this product a skin tint or tinted moisturiser too.

I agree with previous reviewers that the default luxury product for luminous dewy skin being the famous YSL LE TEINT TOUCHE テ韻LAT Illuminating Foundationツpales in comparison to this gem! I think this Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint is a superior product even though this isn't necessarily marketed as a "real" foundation. The coverage of the Hourglass is formidable compared to other dewy foundation options out there. The coverage is medium-full and the finish is VERY luminous but in a "I probably use $150 serums and $200 night creams" way not in an artificial makeup way. That's what I never quite understood about the Touche テ営lat foundation -- the coverage was sheer/light but somehow still looked like I had makeup on. Very odd. I ended up returning it. This perfects the skin in the most sophisticated way possible while imparting a plump luscious glow. Definitely a keeper for dull lackluster winter skin!

on 3/11/2015 11:15:00 AM

I got a large sample of this from Sephora in shell. I'm glad I got a sample and didn't have to shell out 60 bucks for this, which is way too much. I don't like how this feels going on my skin. The cream itself is thick and I prefer a tinted moisturizer with a more liquid texture. This feels like it's dragging across my skin instead of gliding on. If you have very dry skin I think this would be a disaster.

You only need a small amount of this to get coverage, which is a good thing in theory - but I wanted to use this for SPF protection and to do that you need to use a lot more product. If you were to do that with this product you'd end up with really cakey coverage.

I will admit that it made my skin look good. Matte, evened out, and it did not pool in pores. However, the colour was a bit too yellow for my liking.

I would not purchase it given the concerns listed above (texture and SPF) and the fact that it's exorbitantly priced. For $60, I want something that's perfect, and this is not (for me).

on 2/19/2015 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just bought this so I will need to write an update later but so far it looks beautiful!
Very light feeling but med-full coverage. It is very moisturizing which I am in need of despite my combo oily skin (seasonal dryness) and it has a glowy finish which people with combo oily skin are always afraid of and I don't know why. Skin is supposed to be glowy and fresh, not cakey and matte. But I could see the draw for either look I guess. Also has hyaluronic (sp?) acid in it which it great for skin cell turn over. And SPF! YAY Oil-free of course!
This doesn't wear like a skin tint or tinted moisturizer.... it is very much a foundation.
I like the squeeze bottle packaging. Very sanitary and can control how much comes out.
True testament will come in a week when I see if this bad boy makes me break out.
Until then!

UPDATE**
This DOES give skin a luminous, but not oily, sheen to it. It DOES look beautiful. I just felt it to be quite heavy. Would look lovely for wedding day photos, but for everyday, it was just too much. Also, the price is almost $60.00. I love make-up, but that is pretty expensive even for boutique prices. Also, I am pretty sure it made me break out. Can't be for certain though. I returned the product.