Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

3.3

on 11/11/2018 6:38:00 AM

I had heard such great things about the Hourglass brand, so was keen to try them out. I wanted to try this product as I was advised that it was a light tinted moisturiser that would give a light tint to the skin and be great for the summer. However, I - like almost every other reviewer - found that this is not at all like a tinted moisturiser but is rather a medium-full coverage foundation product which doesn窶冲 tint the skin but rather sits on it and can look quite heavy. I have worn this a few times, applied with fingers, brush and a beauty blender, but it never creates a natural finish. It has a creamy finish, but is quite thick - thicker than the Nars Tinted Moisturiser for example. It applies well though, doesn窶冲 streak or apply patchily and works both with and without primer. It lasts reasonably well, but starts to break up around the 6 hour mark. The natural oils of my face tend to break through around the 4 hour mark even when set with powder. However, I find this does emphasise the texture on my face. If you have textured skin, breakouts or acne scars, avoid this product. I also found that it actually broke me out too, which is a shame and is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Honestly, I would skip this product.

on 10/1/2017 7:58:00 PM

I got a sample packet in a Sephora purchase and I really wanted to try a different foundation. I used the Hourglass Primer as suggested on the packet. I used brushes to apply my foundations not a beauty blender. This foundation definitely gives the appearance of a smoother, firmer and more youthful complexion. My fine lines and wrinkles, tightens the appearance of sagging skin, and delivers an unbelievably luminous glow. I also use Cover FX glow illumination as an addition for a more glow appearance. My sample was Ivory but I could be a tad darker to hide my redness with a color corrector. Good medium to full coverage. I used NYX matte setting spray for long lasting for 7 hours, not bad. Thanks for reading!

on 7/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin: dry, sensitive, NC20. I have this in two colours, Ivory and Warm Ivory, which I find to be very close. The difference is that Ivory is slightly lighter and less yellow-toned than Warm Ivory, so Warm Ivory makes a better match for me in the summertime. This foundation also tends to oxidize warmer and darker, so keep that in mind whilst colour matching.

The name is a bit of a misnomer, as it implies that it would be a light tinted moisturizer with light coverage. The texture of this foundation reminds me so much of Asian BB creams that I used to use years ago. It's thick and emollient, making it not as user-friendly with a sponge. I still like to use most of my foundations with a sponge since it gives me very even coverage with minimal caking, however. It gives medium coverage that's buildable to full, with a dewy finish.

It's one of those foundations that don't necessarily look cakey, but I definitely look made up when I wear this. It doesn't look like it's my natural skin, even though the finish is gorgeous.

Due to the emollient nature of this product, it is most suitable for those of us with dry skin. I would definitely stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I can't really imagine that working out for you. The lasting power is however very impressive for something that is as moisturizing as it is; it lasts about 8 hours on me before it starts to wear off.

on 4/18/2017 2:58:00 AM

returning it tmr. after a few times wearing it, I am now certain it was breaking me out. gave me 4 new pimples including 1 big cyst, a few new whiteheads. coverage is awesome with a flat top brush, natural skin like finish upon application, stays on skin nicely for maxium 4 hours. i tried to touch up but nothing fixed it, ended up wiping it off.

on 2/13/2017 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin.

What I like: Not very much. I used a deluxe sample of this product and couldn't wait to wash it off my face after each use. The shade Ivory was an ok match for my skin tone. It does have a good amount of coverage if that's what you are looking for - although I have no idea why it's marketed as a skin tint when it's medium to full coverage. I couldn't test the longevity because I removed it after a few hours each time. It didn't seem to have any noticeable fragrance added which is a plus.

What I didn't like: I applied using a damp beauty blender because the product felt so thick and I thought this would give the sheerest and lightest application. Unfortunately even applying it this way, it felt unbearably waxy and heavy on my skin. For reference, foundations that I do enjoy include Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, IT Cosmetics CC Cream and Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder. These range from quite fluid to more creamy in texture but the Hourglass is heavier than any of these. I found it more difficult to blend due to the texture - it reminded me a little of a waxy foundation stick in how it felt and blended. You might like this 'tint' if that's a foundation formula that you enjoy. However for me personally it did not look natural or skin like when applied, was hard to blend and felt awful during wear so it was an all round fail product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a total foundation junkie. I have literally tried almost every foundation out there that I could get my hands on. I honestly think this is my favorite! It looks so natural and gives perfect coverage. It covers your redness and blemishes but it doesn't look cakey at all. I could put this on and people would think I'm wearing no makeup at all and my skin just looks flawless. The only cons are that it's expensive ($55) and the bottle that it comes in makes it hard to get the remaining foundation out when it gets low. I think it's definitely still worth it though! I would recommend this to anyone!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!

I'm a self confessed foundation junkie, I've tried so many but this is by far my favorite! It has a gel-like consistency and the finish is quite luminous- making the skin look quite natural but still providing a medium to full coverage. I was getting so sick of wanting coverage without looking cakey and 'made-up' but this product is just perfect in providing a luminous, perfected but natural looking finish, not to mention its cruelty free! Never goes patchy, doesn't cling to dry skin and wears pretty well over the day. I can wear this product and I only notice a bit of shinyness after 8+ hours (however I dont have oily skin naturally).

only cons I have about this product is the price (it cost me $90 AUD) and that I find it takes a bit of work to apply, however this is a minor issue and i can get a flawless application with the real techniques brushes or my beauty blender.

I use Becca backlighting primer underneath, NARS creamy concealer and set with Laura Mercier translucent powder and it looks so beautiful, despite the price I would repurchase again and again.

on 2/6/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm torn with this one. It looks amazing at first but gets a little too dewy looking after about 5 hours. I might try this again in winter to see if the dewiness calms downs. The price is also something to draw pause; for a 'tinted moisturiser' this is very expensive and has way too much coverage to be called one anyway.

on 1/16/2016 5:03:00 PM

Fantastic coverage and gives skin just the right amount of glow. Takes some practice and lots of blending--totally worth it!