Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint package w Hourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - noHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - no

4.2

Active ingredients (sunscreen): octinoxate 7Octisalate 4Titanium dioxide 4Inactive ingredients: Water/aqua, pentaeryl tetrasostearate, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate, calcium carbonate, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, glyceryl dibehenate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone, polyethylacrylate, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, tribehenin, alumina, butylene glycol, carylyl glycol, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristellena, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl behenate, gossypium herbaceum, hexylene glycol, lycium barbarum fruit extract, magnesium sulfate, mica, peg-10 dimethicone,pentaerythritl tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxethynol, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, potassium sorbate, propylene carbonate, quartz, quaternium-9 bentonite, silica, silica dimethylsilylate, sodium benzonate, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluranate, stearic acid, trietuoxycaplylylsilane. May contain ( /-): aluminum hydroxide (ci77002), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 2/22/2019 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Edit: ***snapped pic of box. Ingredients WAY DIF than what is online and what I wrote!! I窶冦 soooo sorry. If there is anything I despise, it is misleading anyone (Id never be maliciously or untruthfully deceiving on purpose!! Omg SORRYYYYY. Input just now ingredients (WATER FIRST) on ingredients tab hopefully sans typos so I窶冦 posting back of box w ingredients).

2nd edit: in the list of acceptable lite TM type cover products below w MAC face n body N1 my top pic 窶 there is actually something I like even better. Perricone窶冱 NOT 窶從o foundation foundation窶... the no makeup foundation in fair. It was on sale at Sephora (still is 3/1/19) only in fair (all other shades sold out there was defo an NC20-ish one and darker ones from there) which is exactly my skin color and stays that color 窶 *everything* oxidizes and darkens on me. (If u look at my pix, you窶冤l be like she don窶冲 wear no NW13-15 well I do. It oxidizes to 20 and I bronze and add blushes etc... but NOOO insta worthy contours and highlights tho I do USE highlighter and bronzer, I use in a non face sculpting, natural light hitting way. I chatted w a pic of me online, w Bobbi Brown MUA (salesperson) once, besides the fact I knew more about her product line and ingredients, and she literally was soooo rudely adamant about my not fair/light and rosy skin - but veering into medium territory. Yea I may look like that. But bare faced and not too ruddy I窶冦 fair. I have darker maybe chest 窶 sun damage 窶 plus summer I窶冦 always outside, and using retin a and acids for aging it窶冱 spf for days. I窶冦 ending a Brutal USA winter and still reapply spf many x ... omg off track I just wants to add a fave I left out chock full o mineral spf 30! Still under I wear spf too! I no care anymore if foundation has af all as you would never apply enough.
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I didn窶冲 read anyone else窶冱 reviews before writing this cuz sometimes they alter my view subconsciously... so here goes my take. I窶况e majorly upped my game in the skincare department past 9 mos, so most of the time this here former foundation/concealer/powder junkie just does a lip and a brow. MAYBE a very light TM. This covering up of perfectly normal, just pinkish skin lasted since age 10-13, to 39 (just turned 40). In the dead of winter though, I blow my nose a lot, nostrils get dry and red; face gets red and windburned; also despite religious spf usage I窶冦 outdoors a lot (when it窶冱 warmer) so I窶冦 VERY fair wintertime compared to rest of year (February in the northeast - NW15 is pushing it). My HGs in terms of hydrating coverage (when I need/want it) lately have been - in order from sheer to full coverage: jart+ tiger grass camo drops (more of a glowy skincare hybrid); LM illuminating TM in bare radiance (the original in cameo was like milky water to me & neither of them are moisturizing on me); MAC face&body in N1 (*favorite of these); It bye bye foundation in fair light; and MAC studio sculpt in nw15. Well... something was wrong with each one. F&B best fit but sometimes I needed something more opaque and EXTREMELY hydrating for my perpetually red dry chapped nostrils. Enter this product, in Shell. I窶囘 never have chosen shell since it窶冱 fair neutral and not cool/pink(vanilla is what I窶囘 have chosen). The lady gave me the wrong one and I was wearing it without notice. However 窶 in this dead of winter 窶 trying to hide red on a PALE face, the neutral did me well (anything 窶忤arm窶 - neutrals even sometimes-jaundice me). This STAYS ON my runny tissued to death nose, makes me look like a flipping Instagram glow filter is washing over me, and is super high coverage (to me). I do not use powder currently as it leeches precious moisture. Also, I usually plough thru product, but can get away with so little of this centered down face and under eyes. I usually (with all stuff) apply with fingers and blend with a dry or damp beauty blender or flat top synthetic foundation brush. I do put some tan de Chanel on upper forehead and all those places sun would hit like upper cheek etc - never close to nose. No contouring or anything. So in awe of this wonder product, I realize the ingredient nerd here didn窶冲 read ingredients. VERY RARE. Well - besides it being difficult to FIND the list on their or Sephora site, there窶冱 a blend of chemical & physical SPF (no oxybenzone), and NO WATER (first ingredient in, like, 99% of everything). The first ingredient is alumina. *** NOT TRUE SEE EDIT & ingredients I wrote. I窶囘 never heard of this ingredient nor many others. Many silicones. Minerals. Interestingly, the hyaluranic namesake hails from not actual hyaluranic acid but its lesser effective relative, sodium hyaluranate, and it窶冱 at the bottom. So I went on this one site that decodes each ingredient of many cosmetics. It turns out that most ARE hydrating. And, since I窶囘 never even heard of some, maybe that is the magic ticket in this stuff窶冱 now HGGG status in my life? I窶囘 never had anything like it at all, don窶冲 use this stuff in my complex skincare regime, nor seek them out in shopping. Maybe my skin will eventually find something wrong with it like everything else, but a week in, it is the one! New pic of ONLY w the Shell on. I have white headphones and lavender faux fur. I put JUST this over no 28 serum primer and didn窶冲 finish my makeup (brows lips bronzer blush whatever). Just took pic so u can see alone how this covers (no concealer & I have dark circles)

on 5/6/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was recommended to me by a company rep at Sephora. I bought it in Nude. I have combination, acne-prone skin and was looking for something with decent coverage that wouldn't dry out by mid-afternoon. For me, the best application is stippling it with a damp sponge. The coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer and some of the regular foundations I've tried, but I've used better products for less money. However, my skin seems to like that this is less heavy than foundation. I think It Cosmetics CC Cream has better coverage, better application, costs a lot less, and still makes my skin happy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I approach 40, my skin is definitely changing, so I'm changing up a lot of products I use to fit my needs. I'm dealing with dryness, aging, and uneven skin tone. I need something to smooth and even out my complexion, but I cannot use anything remotely chalky because it doesn't work on aging skin, it just amplifies lines and dryness. Also, I can't stand the feel of makeup on my face, but as I get older I can't get away with not wearing any. So I thought I had found a winner in NARS tinted moisturizer. It was doing a pretty good job, but it's definitely slippery and it transfers so bad. I touch my face and it's gone in that spot where I touched. I read good things about this Hourglass TM, so I picked it up at Sephora in "Shell". I am super happy with this purchase! It's not cheap, but oh wow is it nice! It's thick and fluffy, so it evens out over the skin nicely. It melts in nicely. Don't let the thickness scare you away, it's thick like that koh gen doh stuff. It's pumping and hydrating and it's not slipping around and transferring like the NARS. I freaking love this stuff. I am sure I'll keep repurchasing it!

on 7/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin: dry, sensitive, NC20. I have this in two colours, Ivory and Warm Ivory, which I find to be very close. The difference is that Ivory is slightly lighter and less yellow-toned than Warm Ivory, so Warm Ivory makes a better match for me in the summertime. This foundation also tends to oxidize warmer and darker, so keep that in mind whilst colour matching.

The name is a bit of a misnomer, as it implies that it would be a light tinted moisturizer with light coverage. The texture of this foundation reminds me so much of Asian BB creams that I used to use years ago. It's thick and emollient, making it not as user-friendly with a sponge. I still like to use most of my foundations with a sponge since it gives me very even coverage with minimal caking, however. It gives medium coverage that's buildable to full, with a dewy finish.

It's one of those foundations that don't necessarily look cakey, but I definitely look made up when I wear this. It doesn't look like it's my natural skin, even though the finish is gorgeous.

Due to the emollient nature of this product, it is most suitable for those of us with dry skin. I would definitely stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I can't really imagine that working out for you. The lasting power is however very impressive for something that is as moisturizing as it is; it lasts about 8 hours on me before it starts to wear off.

on 4/18/2017 2:58:00 AM

returning it tmr. after a few times wearing it, I am now certain it was breaking me out. gave me 4 new pimples including 1 big cyst, a few new whiteheads. coverage is awesome with a flat top brush, natural skin like finish upon application, stays on skin nicely for maxium 4 hours. i tried to touch up but nothing fixed it, ended up wiping it off.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a total foundation junkie. I have literally tried almost every foundation out there that I could get my hands on. I honestly think this is my favorite! It looks so natural and gives perfect coverage. It covers your redness and blemishes but it doesn't look cakey at all. I could put this on and people would think I'm wearing no makeup at all and my skin just looks flawless. The only cons are that it's expensive ($55) and the bottle that it comes in makes it hard to get the remaining foundation out when it gets low. I think it's definitely still worth it though! I would recommend this to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best tinted moisturizer ever. I'm serious. It is so wonderful. This gives a great medium coverage while managing to still look like skin. It gives a beautiful natural glow but doesn't make me oily. It lasts all day on my skin. Such a great product. It's expensive at $55 but I promise you it's worth it. It gives the coverage of a foundation with the ease and natural look of a tinted moisturizer.

on 4/5/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I saw it at sephora and played a bit with the testers, I liked the creamy texture, so I bought the last one in ivory, as the lighter colors arent necessarily that light..
Pluses are it is creamy , it feels hydrating, and has a nice smooth coverage..it covers little flaws, gives a nice natural dewy finish...
I don't find anything wrong with it, outside of the price, $60 is expensive ...I will see how it does in the long term, for now,I enjoy it, my skin is a bit dry, as I use retin A. And it feels good on my skin...nice!!

on 3/11/2015 11:15:00 AM

I got a large sample of this from Sephora in shell. I'm glad I got a sample and didn't have to shell out 60 bucks for this, which is way too much. I don't like how this feels going on my skin. The cream itself is thick and I prefer a tinted moisturizer with a more liquid texture. This feels like it's dragging across my skin instead of gliding on. If you have very dry skin I think this would be a disaster.

You only need a small amount of this to get coverage, which is a good thing in theory - but I wanted to use this for SPF protection and to do that you need to use a lot more product. If you were to do that with this product you'd end up with really cakey coverage.

I will admit that it made my skin look good. Matte, evened out, and it did not pool in pores. However, the colour was a bit too yellow for my liking.

I would not purchase it given the concerns listed above (texture and SPF) and the fact that it's exorbitantly priced. For $60, I want something that's perfect, and this is not (for me).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So this review might be a little premature but I'll update later if I have to. So far, I am in LOVE with this. I have never had such a pleasurable experience applying foundation before. The product texture is like a rich, fluffy mousse and it just glides on my skin. It has medium coverage and is just lovely. I often have issues with flakies, especially in the winter time (and I even apply moisturizer beforehand) but NONE with this. It applies like a dream. I just need to see if it makes me break out, if it passes that test then I am good to go!!! So excited about this.

I'm not too concerned about the price because I can see this lasting a long time.

Small edit: The first day I wore this I didn't put any powder or anything over top and I found it was a *little* more shiny than I would like, but today I put on the tiniest bit of Hourglass Diffused Light over top and WOW. It doesn't look cakey at all and it just looks like my skin but WAY, WAY better.