Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, love the tube format. I love a good tube, because it's light, spill proof and easy to carry. Wish that all my products came in tubes.

This is supposed to be a skin tint, but for the level of coverage, it's closer to a foundation. The shade Nude is pretty spot on for me. It's also much, much thicker than other products I'm used to wear, which is why I just use a bit of it, and I don't use moisturizer because this is already quite rich in consistency, just a bit of serum. I blend it all over my face with a damp blending sponge and it covers well. I particularly like this to cover my under eye, because it's not at all drying cause it contains HA. Once blended, the finish is seamless, which I love. I set it with a powder and I'm good to go.

Now I'm oily, so of course this is not mattifying and will not remain completely set and unchanged all day; I've made peace with the concept that oils will poke through, no matter which product I use, and the fact that I always prefer moisturizing products over mattifying ones because they will help and protect my skin in the long term. This reacts to my skin issues quite gracefully. Makes me look dewy, but doesn't move around, and never looks patchy. I use retinol and AHAs and exfoliate regularly, so I don't have much issues with the texture of my skin anyway, but I don't know how that would look if I was flakey. In any case, it doesn't break out my acne-prone skin.

The smell is very faint and nice.

I would definitely recommend this if you have dry skin, because it seems like its rich consistency would really help.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I approach 40, my skin is definitely changing, so I'm changing up a lot of products I use to fit my needs. I'm dealing with dryness, aging, and uneven skin tone. I need something to smooth and even out my complexion, but I cannot use anything remotely chalky because it doesn't work on aging skin, it just amplifies lines and dryness. Also, I can't stand the feel of makeup on my face, but as I get older I can't get away with not wearing any. So I thought I had found a winner in NARS tinted moisturizer. It was doing a pretty good job, but it's definitely slippery and it transfers so bad. I touch my face and it's gone in that spot where I touched. I read good things about this Hourglass TM, so I picked it up at Sephora in "Shell". I am super happy with this purchase! It's not cheap, but oh wow is it nice! It's thick and fluffy, so it evens out over the skin nicely. It melts in nicely. Don't let the thickness scare you away, it's thick like that koh gen doh stuff. It's pumping and hydrating and it's not slipping around and transferring like the NARS. I freaking love this stuff. I am sure I'll keep repurchasing it!

on 10/1/2017 7:58:00 PM

I got a sample packet in a Sephora purchase and I really wanted to try a different foundation. I used the Hourglass Primer as suggested on the packet. I used brushes to apply my foundations not a beauty blender. This foundation definitely gives the appearance of a smoother, firmer and more youthful complexion. My fine lines and wrinkles, tightens the appearance of sagging skin, and delivers an unbelievably luminous glow. I also use Cover FX glow illumination as an addition for a more glow appearance. My sample was Ivory but I could be a tad darker to hide my redness with a color corrector. Good medium to full coverage. I used NYX matte setting spray for long lasting for 7 hours, not bad. Thanks for reading!

on 4/18/2017 2:58:00 AM

returning it tmr. after a few times wearing it, I am now certain it was breaking me out. gave me 4 new pimples including 1 big cyst, a few new whiteheads. coverage is awesome with a flat top brush, natural skin like finish upon application, stays on skin nicely for maxium 4 hours. i tried to touch up but nothing fixed it, ended up wiping it off.

on 1/19/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is soooo beau-ti-ful. If you have dry, mature skin then this is a must. Normally my skin looks so flat and lifely especially now in winter but not with this. I have glowy younger looking skin. It is not a tint but a foundation. It feels a bit like a thick sunscreen. It blends beautifully. Definitely worth the money so run.... ;)

P.S.: I have this in Warm Ivory. I'm MUFE no 120.

on 12/12/2016 5:27:00 PM

This product is amazing! It applies beautifully and my skin looks better after wearing it. I do wish that they had a more yellow tone but I am working with the shade golden. I have a warm olive tone but I am not dark, medium is pretty accurate. This is a decent winter color.

on 11/27/2016 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm just going to come right out and say this is the best foundation on earth. I cannot even put my love for this product into words that are strong enough to accurately portray my affection.
I am 38 years old and some fine lines and dullness have been creeping up on me. Right now I'm probably about an N20 and the shade "Nude" is perfect for me. I also use retin-a and have a lot of dry patches on my cheeks. My t-zone is prone to getting super oily and I have a huge issue with foundations making my nose oily and my pores look huge.
This foundation is excellent for aging skin. I swear it shaves at least 5 years off of my complexion! It gives a youthful glow without ever being greasy or shiny! The longevity is amazing too. I can easily get 8-10 hours wear without it breaking down or getting splotchy.
**Most importantly...my pores are non-existent when I wear this foundation! I can layer the ever-living hell out of this stuff and it never settles into pores. It literally spackles and smooths right over them like butter. All day. I can easily build up to a solid medium coverage but it looks so good and never "made-up".
To be honest, I didn't expect nor did I want to love this foundation so much. It's quite expensive! But I'm hooked. This is it. The one. My unicorn! 洶

on 1/16/2016 5:03:00 PM

Fantastic coverage and gives skin just the right amount of glow. Takes some practice and lots of blending--totally worth it!

on 10/21/2015 10:35:00 PM

This is my new HG foundation. I am in love. I have dry skin and go for a "dewy" finish where I can. I use this on top of a primer and mix it with a drop of maracuja oil and WOW. My skin looks clean, natural, moist, and luminous. It has excellent coverage and made me feel really flawless.
Highly recommended for people who want decent coverage but not a "cakey" look.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I purchased this Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory. It is really a foundation with quite decent coverage, rather than a tinted moisturizer. The first few times I used it I thought it was quite thick and a bit difficult to apply smoothly without using too much product and returned to using other foundations. I went travelling though and this product was so easy to take along and apply just about anywhere that I was very happy to have it. I found myself taking it to work and freshening up before giving a presentation or attending an event, and always found it simple to apply over my foundation smoothly and quickly, giving me great coverage and finish. I ended up going back to using it as my daily foundation, ensuring I used it over a moisturized face. Sometimes I add moisturizer and mix it before applying a light layer all over and then just using the product by itself in areas such as the center of my face and cheeks where I want more coverage. It isn't inexpensive but the product is so thick and creamy that I think it goes twice as far as a regular, more liquid foundation. I will definitely repurchase.