Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de Cha

on 5/6/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was recommended to me by a company rep at Sephora. I bought it in Nude. I have combination, acne-prone skin and was looking for something with decent coverage that wouldn't dry out by mid-afternoon. For me, the best application is stippling it with a damp sponge. The coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer and some of the regular foundations I've tried, but I've used better products for less money. However, my skin seems to like that this is less heavy than foundation. I think It Cosmetics CC Cream has better coverage, better application, costs a lot less, and still makes my skin happy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, love the tube format. I love a good tube, because it's light, spill proof and easy to carry. Wish that all my products came in tubes.

This is supposed to be a skin tint, but for the level of coverage, it's closer to a foundation. The shade Nude is pretty spot on for me. It's also much, much thicker than other products I'm used to wear, which is why I just use a bit of it, and I don't use moisturizer because this is already quite rich in consistency, just a bit of serum. I blend it all over my face with a damp blending sponge and it covers well. I particularly like this to cover my under eye, because it's not at all drying cause it contains HA. Once blended, the finish is seamless, which I love. I set it with a powder and I'm good to go.

Now I'm oily, so of course this is not mattifying and will not remain completely set and unchanged all day; I've made peace with the concept that oils will poke through, no matter which product I use, and the fact that I always prefer moisturizing products over mattifying ones because they will help and protect my skin in the long term. This reacts to my skin issues quite gracefully. Makes me look dewy, but doesn't move around, and never looks patchy. I use retinol and AHAs and exfoliate regularly, so I don't have much issues with the texture of my skin anyway, but I don't know how that would look if I was flakey. In any case, it doesn't break out my acne-prone skin.

The smell is very faint and nice.

I would definitely recommend this if you have dry skin, because it seems like its rich consistency would really help.