Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint package w Hourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - noHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - no

3.3

Active ingredients (sunscreen): octinoxate 7Octisalate 4Titanium dioxide 4Inactive ingredients: Water/aqua, pentaeryl tetrasostearate, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate, calcium carbonate, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, glyceryl dibehenate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone, polyethylacrylate, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, tribehenin, alumina, butylene glycol, carylyl glycol, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristellena, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl behenate, gossypium herbaceum, hexylene glycol, lycium barbarum fruit extract, magnesium sulfate, mica, peg-10 dimethicone,pentaerythritl tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxethynol, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, potassium sorbate, propylene carbonate, quartz, quaternium-9 bentonite, silica, silica dimethylsilylate, sodium benzonate, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluranate, stearic acid, trietuoxycaplylylsilane. May contain ( /-): aluminum hydroxide (ci77002), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 11/11/2018 6:38:00 AM

My Shade: Shell
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

I had heard such great things about the Hourglass brand, so was keen to try them out. I wanted to try this product as I was advised that it was a light tinted moisturiser that would give a light tint to the skin and be great for the summer. However, I - like almost every other reviewer - found that this is not at all like a tinted moisturiser but is rather a medium-full coverage foundation product which doesn窶冲 tint the skin but rather sits on it and can look quite heavy. I have worn this a few times, applied with fingers, brush and a beauty blender, but it never creates a natural finish. It has a creamy finish, but is quite thick - thicker than the Nars Tinted Moisturiser for example. It applies well though, doesn窶冲 streak or apply patchily and works both with and without primer. It lasts reasonably well, but starts to break up around the 6 hour mark. The natural oils of my face tend to break through around the 4 hour mark even when set with powder. However, I find this does emphasise the texture on my face. If you have textured skin, breakouts or acne scars, avoid this product. I also found that it actually broke me out too, which is a shame and is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Honestly, I would skip this product.

on 10/1/2017 7:58:00 PM

I got a sample packet in a Sephora purchase and I really wanted to try a different foundation. I used the Hourglass Primer as suggested on the packet. I used brushes to apply my foundations not a beauty blender. This foundation definitely gives the appearance of a smoother, firmer and more youthful complexion. My fine lines and wrinkles, tightens the appearance of sagging skin, and delivers an unbelievably luminous glow. I also use Cover FX glow illumination as an addition for a more glow appearance. My sample was Ivory but I could be a tad darker to hide my redness with a color corrector. Good medium to full coverage. I used NYX matte setting spray for long lasting for 7 hours, not bad. Thanks for reading!

on 4/18/2017 2:58:00 AM

returning it tmr. after a few times wearing it, I am now certain it was breaking me out. gave me 4 new pimples including 1 big cyst, a few new whiteheads. coverage is awesome with a flat top brush, natural skin like finish upon application, stays on skin nicely for maxium 4 hours. i tried to touch up but nothing fixed it, ended up wiping it off.

on 11/27/2016 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm just going to come right out and say this is the best foundation on earth. I cannot even put my love for this product into words that are strong enough to accurately portray my affection.
I am 38 years old and some fine lines and dullness have been creeping up on me. Right now I'm probably about an N20 and the shade "Nude" is perfect for me. I also use retin-a and have a lot of dry patches on my cheeks. My t-zone is prone to getting super oily and I have a huge issue with foundations making my nose oily and my pores look huge.
This foundation is excellent for aging skin. I swear it shaves at least 5 years off of my complexion! It gives a youthful glow without ever being greasy or shiny! The longevity is amazing too. I can easily get 8-10 hours wear without it breaking down or getting splotchy.
**Most importantly...my pores are non-existent when I wear this foundation! I can layer the ever-living hell out of this stuff and it never settles into pores. It literally spackles and smooths right over them like butter. All day. I can easily build up to a solid medium coverage but it looks so good and never "made-up".
To be honest, I didn't expect nor did I want to love this foundation so much. It's quite expensive! But I'm hooked. This is it. The one. My unicorn! 洶

on 5/31/2016 4:44:00 AM

The tint is barely visible, very low coverage. This is quite shiny so I would say much more suited to drier skin types. It didn't wow me in any way and made me look quite greasy. Would be better if SPF was higher. Better than the Ilia TM but still not as good as Korean BB creams. The difference in shades is negligible since it offers very light coverage that is eaten up by midday. Definitely something you should try before you buy.

on 5/15/2016 2:02:00 AM

I was very surprised about this foundation,when I had worn it for the first time from morning till late night.I mean,it really lasts! Rarely will find a skin tint kinda foundation which gives a lovely glow that lasts all day. Yeah,it gives a beautiful glow from within I have actually never seen before,not even in higher end foundations.This is something special I say.It is very expensive,but if you do have that money to invest and you're hesitating,just get this! I have oily T-zone and dry flaking skin on forehead and nose.This doesn't get those dry patches any worse,maybe even better.It moisturizes just the right amount.I'm all about this right now!! I have it in Ivory and it is a neutral shade that ain't pink or yellow.Right shade for caucasian skin.And about coverage; it covers mediumish.Does not fully cover blemishes,but pretty well.I apply a full cover concealer with this(Maybelline Fit Me or L.A Girl Pro Conceal)

on 1/25/2016 10:26:00 PM

This tinted moisturiser set me back 80AUD, the packaging looks nice and would be perfect for travelling as it's lightweight and flat.

Overall this tinted moisturiser is probably my go-to, but I wouldn't repurchase based on the fact it's so expensive and it's not completely amazing. It also oxidises pink and has a strong scent. The finish is moderately dewy, but the product itself is relatively thick like a full coverage foundation so I usually mix it with an actual moisturiser. It lasts all day and doesn't cake or separate.

on 1/16/2016 5:03:00 PM

Fantastic coverage and gives skin just the right amount of glow. Takes some practice and lots of blending--totally worth it!

I agree with previous reviewers that the default luxury product for luminous dewy skin being the famous YSL LE TEINT TOUCHE テ韻LAT Illuminating Foundationツpales in comparison to this gem! I think this Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint is a superior product even though this isn't necessarily marketed as a "real" foundation. The coverage of the Hourglass is formidable compared to other dewy foundation options out there. The coverage is medium-full and the finish is VERY luminous but in a "I probably use $150 serums and $200 night creams" way not in an artificial makeup way. That's what I never quite understood about the Touche テ営lat foundation -- the coverage was sheer/light but somehow still looked like I had makeup on. Very odd. I ended up returning it. This perfects the skin in the most sophisticated way possible while imparting a plump luscious glow. Definitely a keeper for dull lackluster winter skin!

I picked up a sample of this from Sephora so I could give it a test run before dropping $55 on it. Ultimately, nothing about it justified the price. I have very dry skin, and while this didn't cling to any dry patches, it made me look very oily and kind of sweaty. It was like trading one skin issue for another. I used the palest shade (vanilla) and it was too dark for me. It made me look like I had a bit of a tan, which is fine for the summer, but won't work come winter time.

And the absolute worst part: it never sets. I was looking in the mirror the other day when I noticed an eyelash on my cheek. When I went to wipe it off, I realized that all of my foundation had come off on my finger. I was left with an obvious streak down running down my face that ended in a fingerprint. I tried multiple setting powders with it, and none of the them made a difference. It will stay in place so long as you can go the entire day without touching your face, blowing your nose, or pulling on a shirt over your head.

I will say that it blurred my pores rather nicely, and didn't appear cakey. It didn't cause any break outs, and the scent wasn't overbearing at all. If I could have gotten it to set with a mattifying powder, I think this would have actually looked really nice on me during the summer months. Unfortunately this presented way more problems for me than I could put up with considering the price.