Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint package w Hourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - noHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - no

4.1

Active ingredients (sunscreen): octinoxate 7Octisalate 4Titanium dioxide 4Inactive ingredients: Water/aqua, pentaeryl tetrasostearate, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate, calcium carbonate, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, glyceryl dibehenate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone, polyethylacrylate, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, tribehenin, alumina, butylene glycol, carylyl glycol, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristellena, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl behenate, gossypium herbaceum, hexylene glycol, lycium barbarum fruit extract, magnesium sulfate, mica, peg-10 dimethicone,pentaerythritl tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxethynol, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, potassium sorbate, propylene carbonate, quartz, quaternium-9 bentonite, silica, silica dimethylsilylate, sodium benzonate, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluranate, stearic acid, trietuoxycaplylylsilane. May contain ( /-): aluminum hydroxide (ci77002), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 5/9/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not really a fan of this "tinted moisturizer". In my opinion, tinted moisturizer is a misnomer for this as it's thick, pasty and definitely looks like you have foundation on, not natural at all, and just sits on the skin. I see this recommended for dry skin quite often, which i have (dry and mature), but it made my texture issues and dry skin look worse. On the plus side, it did seem to blur my pores somewhat. It never set and was easy to rub off hours later (powder might have fixed that issue but I generally don't like using it). I would say the coverage is high-light in one coat (a little more than light), and has a satin almost matte finish on me at least. I didn't see any radiance or luminosity whatsoever. Much like their claim, it didn't feel dry on my face (although i can't say it felt hydrating either), and it didn't make me itch and red like a lot of foundations do (i have very sensitive skin). I'm NC15 in Mac, and got the color Shell, and at first it seemed too light, but then it oxidized and was almost too dark, not good.

on 5/6/2018 5:54:00 PM

I really want to like this. The color is good (Vanilla) and I don't need to use very much because it is very pigmented. But, for some reason it seems to sit on top of my skin. I usually apply with my hands and try buffing with a good foundation brush and I end up with weird brush marks. Disappointing because this is a great brand and I love the packaging.

on 5/1/2018 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This skin tint made me go crazy. But first, I wear the shade Shell and I'm about NC15-NC20. I tried Ivory but it looked a bit peach on me. Shell is much more neutral. Any of the warmer shades, like warm ivory, is simply too dark. I have very dry skin in the winter and dry skin in the summer.

This is very much a medium coverage foundation, not a tint (as everybody in every review here has stated). It's thick, but I apply it with my fingers and it spreads and builds pretty easily. Upon first application it looks very, very dewy. Almost greasy. But then it sets and it just looks amazing. The problem I have with it is how it looks about 2 hours in and beyond. At that stage it isn't oily, it isn't matte, and it isn't even cakey. It just looks dry AF. Like seriously. Around my mouth it looks cracked and suddenly every little bit of skin or flake I've ever had is highlighted. In the winter my whole face looks this dry. In the heat of summer, it's mostly around my mouth and between my eyebrows, while my forehead and cheeks seem fine. I wanted this to work so bad that I wore it regularly for A YEAR. I just didn't want to give up. I tried it with every conceivable primer and without a primer. I stopped powdering it. Or powdered and then used a setting spray. Or didn't powder and still used a setting spray. I even used the Hourglass no. 28 serum primer under it and it just didn't solve anything. The only real positive thing I can say about it, is that it is very longwearing. I sweat at the drop of a hat and I can blot sweat without the foundation coming off. But it just doesn't look good. I have now accepted that I can't make it work and that my skin is probably just too dry and dehydrated to wear this. I would probably say this would work for someone with normal to slightly dry skin. If you can make it work for you, well, I'm jealous.

on 12/8/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and I was blown away. My face had never looked as flawless and amazing, I was that impressed I pushed aside the NZ$88 price tag and made the purchase. Welllll..... Whatever was in the sample, was not in the full size product. I just can't seem to get it to work for me now. I have to use a crazy amount of product every time to cover my face as it's so thick and it seems most of it gets sucked up by my beauty blender, and I cannot use a brush with it because it is so thick it just smears it around, and leave it looking streaky. I'm also not that fond of foundations with SPF and this smells straight up like sunscreen, but like I said, it looked that amazing the first few times with the sample that I was sold! I am really disappointed. I will of course use this up but for the price point there is no way I will repurchase, it's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought by about $50 extra. Not worth it for me personally.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I approach 40, my skin is definitely changing, so I'm changing up a lot of products I use to fit my needs. I'm dealing with dryness, aging, and uneven skin tone. I need something to smooth and even out my complexion, but I cannot use anything remotely chalky because it doesn't work on aging skin, it just amplifies lines and dryness. Also, I can't stand the feel of makeup on my face, but as I get older I can't get away with not wearing any. So I thought I had found a winner in NARS tinted moisturizer. It was doing a pretty good job, but it's definitely slippery and it transfers so bad. I touch my face and it's gone in that spot where I touched. I read good things about this Hourglass TM, so I picked it up at Sephora in "Shell". I am super happy with this purchase! It's not cheap, but oh wow is it nice! It's thick and fluffy, so it evens out over the skin nicely. It melts in nicely. Don't let the thickness scare you away, it's thick like that koh gen doh stuff. It's pumping and hydrating and it's not slipping around and transferring like the NARS. I freaking love this stuff. I am sure I'll keep repurchasing it!

on 7/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin: dry, sensitive, NC20. I have this in two colours, Ivory and Warm Ivory, which I find to be very close. The difference is that Ivory is slightly lighter and less yellow-toned than Warm Ivory, so Warm Ivory makes a better match for me in the summertime. This foundation also tends to oxidize warmer and darker, so keep that in mind whilst colour matching.

The name is a bit of a misnomer, as it implies that it would be a light tinted moisturizer with light coverage. The texture of this foundation reminds me so much of Asian BB creams that I used to use years ago. It's thick and emollient, making it not as user-friendly with a sponge. I still like to use most of my foundations with a sponge since it gives me very even coverage with minimal caking, however. It gives medium coverage that's buildable to full, with a dewy finish.

It's one of those foundations that don't necessarily look cakey, but I definitely look made up when I wear this. It doesn't look like it's my natural skin, even though the finish is gorgeous.

Due to the emollient nature of this product, it is most suitable for those of us with dry skin. I would definitely stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I can't really imagine that working out for you. The lasting power is however very impressive for something that is as moisturizing as it is; it lasts about 8 hours on me before it starts to wear off.

on 1/19/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is soooo beau-ti-ful. If you have dry, mature skin then this is a must. Normally my skin looks so flat and lifely especially now in winter but not with this. I have glowy younger looking skin. It is not a tint but a foundation. It feels a bit like a thick sunscreen. It blends beautifully. Definitely worth the money so run.... ;)

P.S.: I have this in Warm Ivory. I'm MUFE no 120.

I want to say first of all I love this foundation. I bought Vanilla which I worried at first may be too dark, but is perfect for my ghostly NC 15 skin and gives it just a hint of life. It's great on my dry skin. I have eczema prone cheeks that form rough dry patches and this product does not cling and provides me with medium coverage. Concealer is needed for red blemishes. The staying power is awesome! I literally wake up at 530am for work and apply, By 3 pm it still looks great. I can easily wear into evening if I don't touch or poke at my face. It does not melt away. The finish is slightly luminous but barely noticeable. In fact on my dry skin I just look "healthy" with this, not dewy or glowy... On someone with more normal skin it may leave a dewy finish. With other foundations by the end of the day it's melts and some even feel greasy AND cling to dry patches, but this does not melt or turn greasy it feels weightless.

My only con is that it's a very thick product. It blends nicely and isn't oily but it's just thick, and slacks a nice "slip" I picked up a sample of Laura mercier silk creme moisturizing foundation to try out... If I can't find a better one I'll stick with this... Just wish they could maybe find a way to water this down a bit, sometimes I feel I need more of it to go around since it's so thick, and it's very expensive.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wow, I love this. I was looking for a new foundation and this was just a random sample that a sales assistant fetched me. I'm so glad I tried it. It sits so nicely on my dry skin and doesn't grab dry patches. It has a nice, natural glow to it also. I have this in Shell and it's a great match for me.

I use it with Nars radiance primer and Nars pressed powder. I apply by dabbing over my face and blending with a stipling brush. The finish I get is probably medium. It does wear off a little towards the end of the day but holds up fairly well. It gives my skin an absolutely flawless finish. A little goes a very long way - I use a pea size amount.

The downsides - price and packaging. At nearly AUD$90... OUCH! Also, I really don't like these squeezy tubes as the product is really hard to get out towards the end. If I'm paying that much for a foundation I want to be able to use up every last drop.

It seems silly to call this product a skin tint or tinted moisturiser too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I guess I don't understand the negative reviews. I have Colorado-dry skin that flakes in the he winter, but I take care of it.
Being a foundation junkie, I have tried (and still own) them all. YSL, Chanel, Cle de Peau, Givenchy,MAC, and on and on. I rotate, out of boredom and willingness to find the HG.
This may be it.
I had gotten several samples at Sephora that day. Luckily, I tried this first. Since I was going to humid Florida, I went right back the next morning and bought the full size. I am keeping it and already bought an extra-- vanilla shade.
Once I moisturizer and sunscreen, I put this on with my fingers.
My skin tone has never looked more even; even my red nose is subdued. The coverage is medium, I would say, but it never looked cakey on me.
I lightly powder my nose and use cream NARS multiple sticks to contour. Dab of blush, then on to eye makeup.
Yes, I am 67, but my skin looks better than it did in my 40s, soft, slightly luminous, and with smaller pores.
This is great packaging for travel too, a nice flattened tube. I am leaving all the others home from now on. And so far, I feel no need to rotate into my stash!