Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint package w Hourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - noHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - no

Active ingredients (sunscreen): octinoxate 7Octisalate 4Titanium dioxide 4Inactive ingredients: Water/aqua, pentaeryl tetrasostearate, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate, calcium carbonate, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, glyceryl dibehenate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone, polyethylacrylate, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, tribehenin, alumina, butylene glycol, carylyl glycol, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristellena, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl behenate, gossypium herbaceum, hexylene glycol, lycium barbarum fruit extract, magnesium sulfate, mica, peg-10 dimethicone,pentaerythritl tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxethynol, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, potassium sorbate, propylene carbonate, quartz, quaternium-9 bentonite, silica, silica dimethylsilylate, sodium benzonate, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluranate, stearic acid, trietuoxycaplylylsilane. May contain ( /-): aluminum hydroxide (ci77002), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Really like this foundation. It is NOT a tint. It provides a lot of coverage. If you're looking for a sheer coating, do the BareMinerals tinted moisturizer/foundation instead. This does provide beautiful coverage. Only downside: it's pricey.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not sure why this is in the Tinted Moisturiser section, as this is definitely a foundation. Perhaps it is the 'Skin Tint' in the name that threw off whoever categorised it.

To put my review into some perspective, I have extremely dry NW10 skin that often breaks out into little eczema patches around my mouth. I am also prone to acne around my mouth due to my use of steroid cream. My skin often hurts as it's so dry, so my moisture needs are very high, and most primers and foundations marketed to dry skin are not moisturising enough for me.

My main requirements for a foundation are that it moisturises my skin throughout the day, doesn't cling to my dry patches, and has light to medium coverage as I have a good concealer that deals with my acne. I like a dewy finish, although I don't mind a soft matte finish if the foundation is super moisturising as a trade-off. I don't have issues with pigmentation, redness, or pores.

I have this foundation in Vanilla, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for me, but so long as I blend it down my neck then it looks fine. I have not experimented with using a white mixer, but I might consider this in the future as I like to match my skintone as perfectly as I can. I think this would be a perfect match for an NW15, although the lightest NC shades might be able to get away with it as well.

This is a **very very very** moisturising foundation. People with oily skin will not like it at all and I'd advise that they steer clear of it. I don't know if I'd recommend it for a person with normal or slightly dry skin, either, unless they applied a very thin layer and used powder on top. It is quite heavy and dewy, but if you're like me and appreciate a layer of moisture that sticks around, then you will like the feeling of it on your face. It stays this way all day, although I haven't used it past seven hours of wear so I can't comment on how it performs for a longer period of time. Overall this is a very comfortable product to wear on my face, which is my number one requirement.

There is little scent, so I think it would be good for people who are sensitive to fragrance. I can't comment on the ingredients list with regards to potential irritants.

Coverage-wise, I'd say that it has a medium coverage, although it's on the light side of medium. It applies well with a brush, makeup sponge (which will sheer it out more), and fingers - interestingly, I quite like the effect I get when I apply it with just my fingers.

It comes in a nice squeezy tube, which is on the smaller side.

Overall I really like this foundation, especially on my drier days when my face hurts. I would definitely recommend trying a sample of this before you buy, though, because people with any oil in their skin will probably hate it.