Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

3.8

on 11/11/2018 6:38:00 AM

My Shade: Shell
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

I had heard such great things about the Hourglass brand, so was keen to try them out. I wanted to try this product as I was advised that it was a light tinted moisturiser that would give a light tint to the skin and be great for the summer. However, I - like almost every other reviewer - found that this is not at all like a tinted moisturiser but is rather a medium-full coverage foundation product which doesn窶冲 tint the skin but rather sits on it and can look quite heavy. I have worn this a few times, applied with fingers, brush and a beauty blender, but it never creates a natural finish. It has a creamy finish, but is quite thick - thicker than the Nars Tinted Moisturiser for example. It applies well though, doesn窶冲 streak or apply patchily and works both with and without primer. It lasts reasonably well, but starts to break up around the 6 hour mark. The natural oils of my face tend to break through around the 4 hour mark even when set with powder. However, I find this does emphasise the texture on my face. If you have textured skin, breakouts or acne scars, avoid this product. I also found that it actually broke me out too, which is a shame and is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Honestly, I would skip this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This just didn窶冲 work for me. I found it applied well and had a lovely finish after blending. It, it only looked good for about 4 hours before it started breaking down like crazy. I tried it with primer (Hourglass veil, which I love), without primer, setting, no setting; it made no difference. Contrary to some, I actually really like the packaging. It may not look amazing, but it窶冱 very practical.

on 5/9/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not really a fan of this "tinted moisturizer". In my opinion, tinted moisturizer is a misnomer for this as it's thick, pasty and definitely looks like you have foundation on, not natural at all, and just sits on the skin. I see this recommended for dry skin quite often, which i have (dry and mature), but it made my texture issues and dry skin look worse. On the plus side, it did seem to blur my pores somewhat. It never set and was easy to rub off hours later (powder might have fixed that issue but I generally don't like using it). I would say the coverage is high-light in one coat (a little more than light), and has a satin almost matte finish on me at least. I didn't see any radiance or luminosity whatsoever. Much like their claim, it didn't feel dry on my face (although i can't say it felt hydrating either), and it didn't make me itch and red like a lot of foundations do (i have very sensitive skin). I'm NC15 in Mac, and got the color Shell, and at first it seemed too light, but then it oxidized and was almost too dark, not good.

on 5/6/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was recommended to me by a company rep at Sephora. I bought it in Nude. I have combination, acne-prone skin and was looking for something with decent coverage that wouldn't dry out by mid-afternoon. For me, the best application is stippling it with a damp sponge. The coverage is better than a tinted moisturizer and some of the regular foundations I've tried, but I've used better products for less money. However, my skin seems to like that this is less heavy than foundation. I think It Cosmetics CC Cream has better coverage, better application, costs a lot less, and still makes my skin happy.

on 5/6/2018 5:54:00 PM

I really want to like this. The color is good (Vanilla) and I don't need to use very much because it is very pigmented. But, for some reason it seems to sit on top of my skin. I usually apply with my hands and try buffing with a good foundation brush and I end up with weird brush marks. Disappointing because this is a great brand and I love the packaging.

on 5/1/2018 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This skin tint made me go crazy. But first, I wear the shade Shell and I'm about NC15-NC20. I tried Ivory but it looked a bit peach on me. Shell is much more neutral. Any of the warmer shades, like warm ivory, is simply too dark. I have very dry skin in the winter and dry skin in the summer.

This is very much a medium coverage foundation, not a tint (as everybody in every review here has stated). It's thick, but I apply it with my fingers and it spreads and builds pretty easily. Upon first application it looks very, very dewy. Almost greasy. But then it sets and it just looks amazing. The problem I have with it is how it looks about 2 hours in and beyond. At that stage it isn't oily, it isn't matte, and it isn't even cakey. It just looks dry AF. Like seriously. Around my mouth it looks cracked and suddenly every little bit of skin or flake I've ever had is highlighted. In the winter my whole face looks this dry. In the heat of summer, it's mostly around my mouth and between my eyebrows, while my forehead and cheeks seem fine. I wanted this to work so bad that I wore it regularly for A YEAR. I just didn't want to give up. I tried it with every conceivable primer and without a primer. I stopped powdering it. Or powdered and then used a setting spray. Or didn't powder and still used a setting spray. I even used the Hourglass no. 28 serum primer under it and it just didn't solve anything. The only real positive thing I can say about it, is that it is very longwearing. I sweat at the drop of a hat and I can blot sweat without the foundation coming off. But it just doesn't look good. I have now accepted that I can't make it work and that my skin is probably just too dry and dehydrated to wear this. I would probably say this would work for someone with normal to slightly dry skin. If you can make it work for you, well, I'm jealous.

on 12/8/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and I was blown away. My face had never looked as flawless and amazing, I was that impressed I pushed aside the NZ$88 price tag and made the purchase. Welllll..... Whatever was in the sample, was not in the full size product. I just can't seem to get it to work for me now. I have to use a crazy amount of product every time to cover my face as it's so thick and it seems most of it gets sucked up by my beauty blender, and I cannot use a brush with it because it is so thick it just smears it around, and leave it looking streaky. I'm also not that fond of foundations with SPF and this smells straight up like sunscreen, but like I said, it looked that amazing the first few times with the sample that I was sold! I am really disappointed. I will of course use this up but for the price point there is no way I will repurchase, it's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought by about $50 extra. Not worth it for me personally.

on 7/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin: dry, sensitive, NC20. I have this in two colours, Ivory and Warm Ivory, which I find to be very close. The difference is that Ivory is slightly lighter and less yellow-toned than Warm Ivory, so Warm Ivory makes a better match for me in the summertime. This foundation also tends to oxidize warmer and darker, so keep that in mind whilst colour matching.

The name is a bit of a misnomer, as it implies that it would be a light tinted moisturizer with light coverage. The texture of this foundation reminds me so much of Asian BB creams that I used to use years ago. It's thick and emollient, making it not as user-friendly with a sponge. I still like to use most of my foundations with a sponge since it gives me very even coverage with minimal caking, however. It gives medium coverage that's buildable to full, with a dewy finish.

It's one of those foundations that don't necessarily look cakey, but I definitely look made up when I wear this. It doesn't look like it's my natural skin, even though the finish is gorgeous.

Due to the emollient nature of this product, it is most suitable for those of us with dry skin. I would definitely stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I can't really imagine that working out for you. The lasting power is however very impressive for something that is as moisturizing as it is; it lasts about 8 hours on me before it starts to wear off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have CRAZY DRY SKIN. Like I just turned 30 and I'm experiencing premature aging due to hormonal issues (and stress from an a-hole man boy ex but I digress) but this stuff is legit. It's perfect for mature or dry skin. Don't be fooled because it's not a tinted moisturizer. It's as thick and pigmented as a foundation. I often apply this as a last step (over RMS-- trying to keep it natural) with a damp beauty blender. Then if I'm really doing it up, I'll use Dior Airflash as a spot cover with the blender for my nose and under eyes (although I have to be careful-- the Dior is amazing coverage but INSANELY drying).

If you have dry skin, I highly recommend this!!! Worse comes to worse, It's an extraordinary base. I've already repurchased. I seldom go out in glam makeup so I justify the price since it lasts a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Though they definitely should not be naming this medium to full coverage foundation a "tint", it is amazing. I have normal skin with some dry patches and I have trouble even with some cream foundations accentuating those dry patches. This one looks completely like skin, does not accentuate anything, and a dewy finish. I barely need concealer and I do have some acne scarring. I'm NW10 in mac, and the lightest shade "vanilla" is way dark on me, this is workable with a tan but not without one. I really wish they would expand the shade line to match the vanish shade selection.