Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Filtered by age: 30-35
Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint
Hourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass hyaluranic skin tint (shell)& tan de ChaHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint package w Hourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - noHourglass Illusion Hyaluranic Skin Tint Shell - no

3.3

Active ingredients (sunscreen): octinoxate 7Octisalate 4Titanium dioxide 4Inactive ingredients: Water/aqua, pentaeryl tetrasostearate, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylhexyl palmitate, calcium carbonate, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, glyceryl dibehenate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone, polyethylacrylate, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, tribehenin, alumina, butylene glycol, carylyl glycol, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristellena, ethylhexylglycerin, glyceryl behenate, gossypium herbaceum, hexylene glycol, lycium barbarum fruit extract, magnesium sulfate, mica, peg-10 dimethicone,pentaerythritl tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxethynol, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, potassium sorbate, propylene carbonate, quartz, quaternium-9 bentonite, silica, silica dimethylsilylate, sodium benzonate, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluranate, stearic acid, trietuoxycaplylylsilane. May contain ( /-): aluminum hydroxide (ci77002), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 5/1/2018 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This skin tint made me go crazy. But first, I wear the shade Shell and I'm about NC15-NC20. I tried Ivory but it looked a bit peach on me. Shell is much more neutral. Any of the warmer shades, like warm ivory, is simply too dark. I have very dry skin in the winter and dry skin in the summer.

This is very much a medium coverage foundation, not a tint (as everybody in every review here has stated). It's thick, but I apply it with my fingers and it spreads and builds pretty easily. Upon first application it looks very, very dewy. Almost greasy. But then it sets and it just looks amazing. The problem I have with it is how it looks about 2 hours in and beyond. At that stage it isn't oily, it isn't matte, and it isn't even cakey. It just looks dry AF. Like seriously. Around my mouth it looks cracked and suddenly every little bit of skin or flake I've ever had is highlighted. In the winter my whole face looks this dry. In the heat of summer, it's mostly around my mouth and between my eyebrows, while my forehead and cheeks seem fine. I wanted this to work so bad that I wore it regularly for A YEAR. I just didn't want to give up. I tried it with every conceivable primer and without a primer. I stopped powdering it. Or powdered and then used a setting spray. Or didn't powder and still used a setting spray. I even used the Hourglass no. 28 serum primer under it and it just didn't solve anything. The only real positive thing I can say about it, is that it is very longwearing. I sweat at the drop of a hat and I can blot sweat without the foundation coming off. But it just doesn't look good. I have now accepted that I can't make it work and that my skin is probably just too dry and dehydrated to wear this. I would probably say this would work for someone with normal to slightly dry skin. If you can make it work for you, well, I'm jealous.

on 12/8/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this and I was blown away. My face had never looked as flawless and amazing, I was that impressed I pushed aside the NZ$88 price tag and made the purchase. Welllll..... Whatever was in the sample, was not in the full size product. I just can't seem to get it to work for me now. I have to use a crazy amount of product every time to cover my face as it's so thick and it seems most of it gets sucked up by my beauty blender, and I cannot use a brush with it because it is so thick it just smears it around, and leave it looking streaky. I'm also not that fond of foundations with SPF and this smells straight up like sunscreen, but like I said, it looked that amazing the first few times with the sample that I was sold! I am really disappointed. I will of course use this up but for the price point there is no way I will repurchase, it's the most expensive foundation I've ever bought by about $50 extra. Not worth it for me personally.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have CRAZY DRY SKIN. Like I just turned 30 and I'm experiencing premature aging due to hormonal issues (and stress from an a-hole man boy ex but I digress) but this stuff is legit. It's perfect for mature or dry skin. Don't be fooled because it's not a tinted moisturizer. It's as thick and pigmented as a foundation. I often apply this as a last step (over RMS-- trying to keep it natural) with a damp beauty blender. Then if I'm really doing it up, I'll use Dior Airflash as a spot cover with the blender for my nose and under eyes (although I have to be careful-- the Dior is amazing coverage but INSANELY drying).

If you have dry skin, I highly recommend this!!! Worse comes to worse, It's an extraordinary base. I've already repurchased. I seldom go out in glam makeup so I justify the price since it lasts a long time.

on 2/13/2017 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin.

What I like: Not very much. I used a deluxe sample of this product and couldn't wait to wash it off my face after each use. The shade Ivory was an ok match for my skin tone. It does have a good amount of coverage if that's what you are looking for - although I have no idea why it's marketed as a skin tint when it's medium to full coverage. I couldn't test the longevity because I removed it after a few hours each time. It didn't seem to have any noticeable fragrance added which is a plus.

What I didn't like: I applied using a damp beauty blender because the product felt so thick and I thought this would give the sheerest and lightest application. Unfortunately even applying it this way, it felt unbearably waxy and heavy on my skin. For reference, foundations that I do enjoy include Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, IT Cosmetics CC Cream and Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder. These range from quite fluid to more creamy in texture but the Hourglass is heavier than any of these. I found it more difficult to blend due to the texture - it reminded me a little of a waxy foundation stick in how it felt and blended. You might like this 'tint' if that's a foundation formula that you enjoy. However for me personally it did not look natural or skin like when applied, was hard to blend and felt awful during wear so it was an all round fail product.

on 5/31/2016 4:44:00 AM

The tint is barely visible, very low coverage. This is quite shiny so I would say much more suited to drier skin types. It didn't wow me in any way and made me look quite greasy. Would be better if SPF was higher. Better than the Ilia TM but still not as good as Korean BB creams. The difference in shades is negligible since it offers very light coverage that is eaten up by midday. Definitely something you should try before you buy.

on 5/15/2016 2:02:00 AM

I was very surprised about this foundation,when I had worn it for the first time from morning till late night.I mean,it really lasts! Rarely will find a skin tint kinda foundation which gives a lovely glow that lasts all day. Yeah,it gives a beautiful glow from within I have actually never seen before,not even in higher end foundations.This is something special I say.It is very expensive,but if you do have that money to invest and you're hesitating,just get this! I have oily T-zone and dry flaking skin on forehead and nose.This doesn't get those dry patches any worse,maybe even better.It moisturizes just the right amount.I'm all about this right now!! I have it in Ivory and it is a neutral shade that ain't pink or yellow.Right shade for caucasian skin.And about coverage; it covers mediumish.Does not fully cover blemishes,but pretty well.I apply a full cover concealer with this(Maybelline Fit Me or L.A Girl Pro Conceal)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So this review might be a little premature but I'll update later if I have to. So far, I am in LOVE with this. I have never had such a pleasurable experience applying foundation before. The product texture is like a rich, fluffy mousse and it just glides on my skin. It has medium coverage and is just lovely. I often have issues with flakies, especially in the winter time (and I even apply moisturizer beforehand) but NONE with this. It applies like a dream. I just need to see if it makes me break out, if it passes that test then I am good to go!!! So excited about this.

I'm not too concerned about the price because I can see this lasting a long time.

Small edit: The first day I wore this I didn't put any powder or anything over top and I found it was a *little* more shiny than I would like, but today I put on the tiniest bit of Hourglass Diffused Light over top and WOW. It doesn't look cakey at all and it just looks like my skin but WAY, WAY better.