Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I approach 40, my skin is definitely changing, so I'm changing up a lot of products I use to fit my needs. I'm dealing with dryness, aging, and uneven skin tone. I need something to smooth and even out my complexion, but I cannot use anything remotely chalky because it doesn't work on aging skin, it just amplifies lines and dryness. Also, I can't stand the feel of makeup on my face, but as I get older I can't get away with not wearing any. So I thought I had found a winner in NARS tinted moisturizer. It was doing a pretty good job, but it's definitely slippery and it transfers so bad. I touch my face and it's gone in that spot where I touched. I read good things about this Hourglass TM, so I picked it up at Sephora in "Shell". I am super happy with this purchase! It's not cheap, but oh wow is it nice! It's thick and fluffy, so it evens out over the skin nicely. It melts in nicely. Don't let the thickness scare you away, it's thick like that koh gen doh stuff. It's pumping and hydrating and it's not slipping around and transferring like the NARS. I freaking love this stuff. I am sure I'll keep repurchasing it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have CRAZY DRY SKIN. Like I just turned 30 and I'm experiencing premature aging due to hormonal issues (and stress from an a-hole man boy ex but I digress) but this stuff is legit. It's perfect for mature or dry skin. Don't be fooled because it's not a tinted moisturizer. It's as thick and pigmented as a foundation. I often apply this as a last step (over RMS-- trying to keep it natural) with a damp beauty blender. Then if I'm really doing it up, I'll use Dior Airflash as a spot cover with the blender for my nose and under eyes (although I have to be careful-- the Dior is amazing coverage but INSANELY drying).

If you have dry skin, I highly recommend this!!! Worse comes to worse, It's an extraordinary base. I've already repurchased. I seldom go out in glam makeup so I justify the price since it lasts a long time.

on 1/19/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is soooo beau-ti-ful. If you have dry, mature skin then this is a must. Normally my skin looks so flat and lifely especially now in winter but not with this. I have glowy younger looking skin. It is not a tint but a foundation. It feels a bit like a thick sunscreen. It blends beautifully. Definitely worth the money so run.... ;)

P.S.: I have this in Warm Ivory. I'm MUFE no 120.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Really like this foundation. It is NOT a tint. It provides a lot of coverage. If you're looking for a sheer coating, do the BareMinerals tinted moisturizer/foundation instead. This does provide beautiful coverage. Only downside: it's pricey.

on 12/12/2016 5:27:00 PM

This product is amazing! It applies beautifully and my skin looks better after wearing it. I do wish that they had a more yellow tone but I am working with the shade golden. I have a warm olive tone but I am not dark, medium is pretty accurate. This is a decent winter color.

on 11/27/2016 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm just going to come right out and say this is the best foundation on earth. I cannot even put my love for this product into words that are strong enough to accurately portray my affection.
I am 38 years old and some fine lines and dullness have been creeping up on me. Right now I'm probably about an N20 and the shade "Nude" is perfect for me. I also use retin-a and have a lot of dry patches on my cheeks. My t-zone is prone to getting super oily and I have a huge issue with foundations making my nose oily and my pores look huge.
This foundation is excellent for aging skin. I swear it shaves at least 5 years off of my complexion! It gives a youthful glow without ever being greasy or shiny! The longevity is amazing too. I can easily get 8-10 hours wear without it breaking down or getting splotchy.
**Most importantly...my pores are non-existent when I wear this foundation! I can layer the ever-living hell out of this stuff and it never settles into pores. It literally spackles and smooths right over them like butter. All day. I can easily build up to a solid medium coverage but it looks so good and never "made-up".
To be honest, I didn't expect nor did I want to love this foundation so much. It's quite expensive! But I'm hooked. This is it. The one. My unicorn! 洶

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not sure why this is in the Tinted Moisturiser section, as this is definitely a foundation. Perhaps it is the 'Skin Tint' in the name that threw off whoever categorised it.

To put my review into some perspective, I have extremely dry NW10 skin that often breaks out into little eczema patches around my mouth. I am also prone to acne around my mouth due to my use of steroid cream. My skin often hurts as it's so dry, so my moisture needs are very high, and most primers and foundations marketed to dry skin are not moisturising enough for me.

My main requirements for a foundation are that it moisturises my skin throughout the day, doesn't cling to my dry patches, and has light to medium coverage as I have a good concealer that deals with my acne. I like a dewy finish, although I don't mind a soft matte finish if the foundation is super moisturising as a trade-off. I don't have issues with pigmentation, redness, or pores.

I have this foundation in Vanilla, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for me, but so long as I blend it down my neck then it looks fine. I have not experimented with using a white mixer, but I might consider this in the future as I like to match my skintone as perfectly as I can. I think this would be a perfect match for an NW15, although the lightest NC shades might be able to get away with it as well.

This is a **very very very** moisturising foundation. People with oily skin will not like it at all and I'd advise that they steer clear of it. I don't know if I'd recommend it for a person with normal or slightly dry skin, either, unless they applied a very thin layer and used powder on top. It is quite heavy and dewy, but if you're like me and appreciate a layer of moisture that sticks around, then you will like the feeling of it on your face. It stays this way all day, although I haven't used it past seven hours of wear so I can't comment on how it performs for a longer period of time. Overall this is a very comfortable product to wear on my face, which is my number one requirement.

There is little scent, so I think it would be good for people who are sensitive to fragrance. I can't comment on the ingredients list with regards to potential irritants.

Coverage-wise, I'd say that it has a medium coverage, although it's on the light side of medium. It applies well with a brush, makeup sponge (which will sheer it out more), and fingers - interestingly, I quite like the effect I get when I apply it with just my fingers.

It comes in a nice squeezy tube, which is on the smaller side.

Overall I really like this foundation, especially on my drier days when my face hurts. I would definitely recommend trying a sample of this before you buy, though, because people with any oil in their skin will probably hate it.

I want to say first of all I love this foundation. I bought Vanilla which I worried at first may be too dark, but is perfect for my ghostly NC 15 skin and gives it just a hint of life. It's great on my dry skin. I have eczema prone cheeks that form rough dry patches and this product does not cling and provides me with medium coverage. Concealer is needed for red blemishes. The staying power is awesome! I literally wake up at 530am for work and apply, By 3 pm it still looks great. I can easily wear into evening if I don't touch or poke at my face. It does not melt away. The finish is slightly luminous but barely noticeable. In fact on my dry skin I just look "healthy" with this, not dewy or glowy... On someone with more normal skin it may leave a dewy finish. With other foundations by the end of the day it's melts and some even feel greasy AND cling to dry patches, but this does not melt or turn greasy it feels weightless.

My only con is that it's a very thick product. It blends nicely and isn't oily but it's just thick, and slacks a nice "slip" I picked up a sample of Laura mercier silk creme moisturizing foundation to try out... If I can't find a better one I'll stick with this... Just wish they could maybe find a way to water this down a bit, sometimes I feel I need more of it to go around since it's so thick, and it's very expensive.

on 5/15/2016 2:02:00 AM

I was very surprised about this foundation,when I had worn it for the first time from morning till late night.I mean,it really lasts! Rarely will find a skin tint kinda foundation which gives a lovely glow that lasts all day. Yeah,it gives a beautiful glow from within I have actually never seen before,not even in higher end foundations.This is something special I say.It is very expensive,but if you do have that money to invest and you're hesitating,just get this! I have oily T-zone and dry flaking skin on forehead and nose.This doesn't get those dry patches any worse,maybe even better.It moisturizes just the right amount.I'm all about this right now!! I have it in Ivory and it is a neutral shade that ain't pink or yellow.Right shade for caucasian skin.And about coverage; it covers mediumish.Does not fully cover blemishes,but pretty well.I apply a full cover concealer with this(Maybelline Fit Me or L.A Girl Pro Conceal)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a total foundation junkie. I have literally tried almost every foundation out there that I could get my hands on. I honestly think this is my favorite! It looks so natural and gives perfect coverage. It covers your redness and blemishes but it doesn't look cakey at all. I could put this on and people would think I'm wearing no makeup at all and my skin just looks flawless. The only cons are that it's expensive ($55) and the bottle that it comes in makes it hard to get the remaining foundation out when it gets low. I think it's definitely still worth it though! I would recommend this to anyone!