Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So this review might be a little premature but I'll update later if I have to. So far, I am in LOVE with this. I have never had such a pleasurable experience applying foundation before. The product texture is like a rich, fluffy mousse and it just glides on my skin. It has medium coverage and is just lovely. I often have issues with flakies, especially in the winter time (and I even apply moisturizer beforehand) but NONE with this. It applies like a dream. I just need to see if it makes me break out, if it passes that test then I am good to go!!! So excited about this.

I'm not too concerned about the price because I can see this lasting a long time.

Small edit: The first day I wore this I didn't put any powder or anything over top and I found it was a *little* more shiny than I would like, but today I put on the tiniest bit of Hourglass Diffused Light over top and WOW. It doesn't look cakey at all and it just looks like my skin but WAY, WAY better.

on 11/27/2016 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm just going to come right out and say this is the best foundation on earth. I cannot even put my love for this product into words that are strong enough to accurately portray my affection.
I am 38 years old and some fine lines and dullness have been creeping up on me. Right now I'm probably about an N20 and the shade "Nude" is perfect for me. I also use retin-a and have a lot of dry patches on my cheeks. My t-zone is prone to getting super oily and I have a huge issue with foundations making my nose oily and my pores look huge.
This foundation is excellent for aging skin. I swear it shaves at least 5 years off of my complexion! It gives a youthful glow without ever being greasy or shiny! The longevity is amazing too. I can easily get 8-10 hours wear without it breaking down or getting splotchy.
**Most importantly...my pores are non-existent when I wear this foundation! I can layer the ever-living hell out of this stuff and it never settles into pores. It literally spackles and smooths right over them like butter. All day. I can easily build up to a solid medium coverage but it looks so good and never "made-up".
To be honest, I didn't expect nor did I want to love this foundation so much. It's quite expensive! But I'm hooked. This is it. The one. My unicorn! 洶

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I guess I don't understand the negative reviews. I have Colorado-dry skin that flakes in the he winter, but I take care of it.
Being a foundation junkie, I have tried (and still own) them all. YSL, Chanel, Cle de Peau, Givenchy,MAC, and on and on. I rotate, out of boredom and willingness to find the HG.
This may be it.
I had gotten several samples at Sephora that day. Luckily, I tried this first. Since I was going to humid Florida, I went right back the next morning and bought the full size. I am keeping it and already bought an extra-- vanilla shade.
Once I moisturizer and sunscreen, I put this on with my fingers.
My skin tone has never looked more even; even my red nose is subdued. The coverage is medium, I would say, but it never looked cakey on me.
I lightly powder my nose and use cream NARS multiple sticks to contour. Dab of blush, then on to eye makeup.
Yes, I am 67, but my skin looks better than it did in my 40s, soft, slightly luminous, and with smaller pores.
This is great packaging for travel too, a nice flattened tube. I am leaving all the others home from now on. And so far, I feel no need to rotate into my stash!

I agree with previous reviewers that the default luxury product for luminous dewy skin being the famous YSL LE TEINT TOUCHE テ韻LAT Illuminating Foundationツpales in comparison to this gem! I think this Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint is a superior product even though this isn't necessarily marketed as a "real" foundation. The coverage of the Hourglass is formidable compared to other dewy foundation options out there. The coverage is medium-full and the finish is VERY luminous but in a "I probably use $150 serums and $200 night creams" way not in an artificial makeup way. That's what I never quite understood about the Touche テ営lat foundation -- the coverage was sheer/light but somehow still looked like I had makeup on. Very odd. I ended up returning it. This perfects the skin in the most sophisticated way possible while imparting a plump luscious glow. Definitely a keeper for dull lackluster winter skin!

on 7/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin: dry, sensitive, NC20. I have this in two colours, Ivory and Warm Ivory, which I find to be very close. The difference is that Ivory is slightly lighter and less yellow-toned than Warm Ivory, so Warm Ivory makes a better match for me in the summertime. This foundation also tends to oxidize warmer and darker, so keep that in mind whilst colour matching.

The name is a bit of a misnomer, as it implies that it would be a light tinted moisturizer with light coverage. The texture of this foundation reminds me so much of Asian BB creams that I used to use years ago. It's thick and emollient, making it not as user-friendly with a sponge. I still like to use most of my foundations with a sponge since it gives me very even coverage with minimal caking, however. It gives medium coverage that's buildable to full, with a dewy finish.

It's one of those foundations that don't necessarily look cakey, but I definitely look made up when I wear this. It doesn't look like it's my natural skin, even though the finish is gorgeous.

Due to the emollient nature of this product, it is most suitable for those of us with dry skin. I would definitely stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I can't really imagine that working out for you. The lasting power is however very impressive for something that is as moisturizing as it is; it lasts about 8 hours on me before it starts to wear off.

on 1/19/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is soooo beau-ti-ful. If you have dry, mature skin then this is a must. Normally my skin looks so flat and lifely especially now in winter but not with this. I have glowy younger looking skin. It is not a tint but a foundation. It feels a bit like a thick sunscreen. It blends beautifully. Definitely worth the money so run.... ;)

P.S.: I have this in Warm Ivory. I'm MUFE no 120.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not sure why this is in the Tinted Moisturiser section, as this is definitely a foundation. Perhaps it is the 'Skin Tint' in the name that threw off whoever categorised it.

To put my review into some perspective, I have extremely dry NW10 skin that often breaks out into little eczema patches around my mouth. I am also prone to acne around my mouth due to my use of steroid cream. My skin often hurts as it's so dry, so my moisture needs are very high, and most primers and foundations marketed to dry skin are not moisturising enough for me.

My main requirements for a foundation are that it moisturises my skin throughout the day, doesn't cling to my dry patches, and has light to medium coverage as I have a good concealer that deals with my acne. I like a dewy finish, although I don't mind a soft matte finish if the foundation is super moisturising as a trade-off. I don't have issues with pigmentation, redness, or pores.

I have this foundation in Vanilla, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for me, but so long as I blend it down my neck then it looks fine. I have not experimented with using a white mixer, but I might consider this in the future as I like to match my skintone as perfectly as I can. I think this would be a perfect match for an NW15, although the lightest NC shades might be able to get away with it as well.

This is a **very very very** moisturising foundation. People with oily skin will not like it at all and I'd advise that they steer clear of it. I don't know if I'd recommend it for a person with normal or slightly dry skin, either, unless they applied a very thin layer and used powder on top. It is quite heavy and dewy, but if you're like me and appreciate a layer of moisture that sticks around, then you will like the feeling of it on your face. It stays this way all day, although I haven't used it past seven hours of wear so I can't comment on how it performs for a longer period of time. Overall this is a very comfortable product to wear on my face, which is my number one requirement.

There is little scent, so I think it would be good for people who are sensitive to fragrance. I can't comment on the ingredients list with regards to potential irritants.

Coverage-wise, I'd say that it has a medium coverage, although it's on the light side of medium. It applies well with a brush, makeup sponge (which will sheer it out more), and fingers - interestingly, I quite like the effect I get when I apply it with just my fingers.

It comes in a nice squeezy tube, which is on the smaller side.

Overall I really like this foundation, especially on my drier days when my face hurts. I would definitely recommend trying a sample of this before you buy, though, because people with any oil in their skin will probably hate it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry, dull skin and found my previous HG (ysl touche elclat) just wasn't matching my skintone well. I saw an employee with the most flawless looking face and asked her what she used and she pointed this out.

This stuff blows YSL out of the water. Same price, same amount but it's gives me the most beautiful base and glow.

For reference, I am about nc20/25 with olive undertones and use Nude.

Due to several health issues over the past few years, my skin has become dry and dull. I went through a long list of products directed at mature skin. Yes this formula is very thick. I add a single drop of argan oil to the back of my hand along with a pea size amount of the product and apply with my UD foundation brush. Excellent results this way. It is a trick for us with more mature skin to even out our skintone without looking like a pancake face. This product delivers my desired results. I would repurchase!

on 5/13/2015 8:35:00 PM

This is a great foundation - for medium to full coverage - it feels great on your skin. You do not feel like you are wearing a heavy foundation and you can still apply some powder if needed or if that makes you feel better. I usually don't bother. My skin is very dry, and a bit of redness due to Rosacea. So I'm always on the look out. This has great coverage with a bit of a dewy finish! Finally I found something dewy for my skin. The SA was great at Sephora and showed me how to apply this with a Mineral Powder Brush. I'm a big believer in proper brushes and I have the typical Foundation Brush. She indicated that this is the new more current way to apply makeup. So I bought it - Sephora brand. It makes a huge difference - great to apply around the nose area. Make sure not to over do it. Such a great foundation and great brush for applying it! I will buy this again but I must confess that with summer coming up I will be looking for a bit less coverage and something with SPF. But I will be checking out this Brand!