Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So this review might be a little premature but I'll update later if I have to. So far, I am in LOVE with this. I have never had such a pleasurable experience applying foundation before. The product texture is like a rich, fluffy mousse and it just glides on my skin. It has medium coverage and is just lovely. I often have issues with flakies, especially in the winter time (and I even apply moisturizer beforehand) but NONE with this. It applies like a dream. I just need to see if it makes me break out, if it passes that test then I am good to go!!! So excited about this.

I'm not too concerned about the price because I can see this lasting a long time.

Small edit: The first day I wore this I didn't put any powder or anything over top and I found it was a *little* more shiny than I would like, but today I put on the tiniest bit of Hourglass Diffused Light over top and WOW. It doesn't look cakey at all and it just looks like my skin but WAY, WAY better.

on 2/19/2015 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just bought this so I will need to write an update later but so far it looks beautiful!
Very light feeling but med-full coverage. It is very moisturizing which I am in need of despite my combo oily skin (seasonal dryness) and it has a glowy finish which people with combo oily skin are always afraid of and I don't know why. Skin is supposed to be glowy and fresh, not cakey and matte. But I could see the draw for either look I guess. Also has hyaluronic (sp?) acid in it which it great for skin cell turn over. And SPF! YAY Oil-free of course!
This doesn't wear like a skin tint or tinted moisturizer.... it is very much a foundation.
I like the squeeze bottle packaging. Very sanitary and can control how much comes out.
True testament will come in a week when I see if this bad boy makes me break out.
Until then!

UPDATE**
This DOES give skin a luminous, but not oily, sheen to it. It DOES look beautiful. I just felt it to be quite heavy. Would look lovely for wedding day photos, but for everyday, it was just too much. Also, the price is almost $60.00. I love make-up, but that is pretty expensive even for boutique prices. Also, I am pretty sure it made me break out. Can't be for certain though. I returned the product.

on 3/11/2015 11:15:00 AM

I got a large sample of this from Sephora in shell. I'm glad I got a sample and didn't have to shell out 60 bucks for this, which is way too much. I don't like how this feels going on my skin. The cream itself is thick and I prefer a tinted moisturizer with a more liquid texture. This feels like it's dragging across my skin instead of gliding on. If you have very dry skin I think this would be a disaster.

You only need a small amount of this to get coverage, which is a good thing in theory - but I wanted to use this for SPF protection and to do that you need to use a lot more product. If you were to do that with this product you'd end up with really cakey coverage.

I will admit that it made my skin look good. Matte, evened out, and it did not pool in pores. However, the colour was a bit too yellow for my liking.

I would not purchase it given the concerns listed above (texture and SPF) and the fact that it's exorbitantly priced. For $60, I want something that's perfect, and this is not (for me).

on 4/5/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I saw it at sephora and played a bit with the testers, I liked the creamy texture, so I bought the last one in ivory, as the lighter colors arent necessarily that light..
Pluses are it is creamy , it feels hydrating, and has a nice smooth coverage..it covers little flaws, gives a nice natural dewy finish...
I don't find anything wrong with it, outside of the price, $60 is expensive ...I will see how it does in the long term, for now,I enjoy it, my skin is a bit dry, as I use retin A. And it feels good on my skin...nice!!

on 5/13/2015 8:35:00 PM

This is a great foundation - for medium to full coverage - it feels great on your skin. You do not feel like you are wearing a heavy foundation and you can still apply some powder if needed or if that makes you feel better. I usually don't bother. My skin is very dry, and a bit of redness due to Rosacea. So I'm always on the look out. This has great coverage with a bit of a dewy finish! Finally I found something dewy for my skin. The SA was great at Sephora and showed me how to apply this with a Mineral Powder Brush. I'm a big believer in proper brushes and I have the typical Foundation Brush. She indicated that this is the new more current way to apply makeup. So I bought it - Sephora brand. It makes a huge difference - great to apply around the nose area. Make sure not to over do it. Such a great foundation and great brush for applying it! I will buy this again but I must confess that with summer coming up I will be looking for a bit less coverage and something with SPF. But I will be checking out this Brand!

I picked up a sample of this from Sephora so I could give it a test run before dropping $55 on it. Ultimately, nothing about it justified the price. I have very dry skin, and while this didn't cling to any dry patches, it made me look very oily and kind of sweaty. It was like trading one skin issue for another. I used the palest shade (vanilla) and it was too dark for me. It made me look like I had a bit of a tan, which is fine for the summer, but won't work come winter time.

And the absolute worst part: it never sets. I was looking in the mirror the other day when I noticed an eyelash on my cheek. When I went to wipe it off, I realized that all of my foundation had come off on my finger. I was left with an obvious streak down running down my face that ended in a fingerprint. I tried multiple setting powders with it, and none of the them made a difference. It will stay in place so long as you can go the entire day without touching your face, blowing your nose, or pulling on a shirt over your head.

I will say that it blurred my pores rather nicely, and didn't appear cakey. It didn't cause any break outs, and the scent wasn't overbearing at all. If I could have gotten it to set with a mattifying powder, I think this would have actually looked really nice on me during the summer months. Unfortunately this presented way more problems for me than I could put up with considering the price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry, dull skin and found my previous HG (ysl touche elclat) just wasn't matching my skintone well. I saw an employee with the most flawless looking face and asked her what she used and she pointed this out.

This stuff blows YSL out of the water. Same price, same amount but it's gives me the most beautiful base and glow.

For reference, I am about nc20/25 with olive undertones and use Nude.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best tinted moisturizer ever. I'm serious. It is so wonderful. This gives a great medium coverage while managing to still look like skin. It gives a beautiful natural glow but doesn't make me oily. It lasts all day on my skin. Such a great product. It's expensive at $55 but I promise you it's worth it. It gives the coverage of a foundation with the ease and natural look of a tinted moisturizer.

Due to several health issues over the past few years, my skin has become dry and dull. I went through a long list of products directed at mature skin. Yes this formula is very thick. I add a single drop of argan oil to the back of my hand along with a pea size amount of the product and apply with my UD foundation brush. Excellent results this way. It is a trick for us with more mature skin to even out our skintone without looking like a pancake face. This product delivers my desired results. I would repurchase!

I purchased this Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory. It is really a foundation with quite decent coverage, rather than a tinted moisturizer. The first few times I used it I thought it was quite thick and a bit difficult to apply smoothly without using too much product and returned to using other foundations. I went travelling though and this product was so easy to take along and apply just about anywhere that I was very happy to have it. I found myself taking it to work and freshening up before giving a presentation or attending an event, and always found it simple to apply over my foundation smoothly and quickly, giving me great coverage and finish. I ended up going back to using it as my daily foundation, ensuring I used it over a moisturized face. Sometimes I add moisturizer and mix it before applying a light layer all over and then just using the product by itself in areas such as the center of my face and cheeks where I want more coverage. It isn't inexpensive but the product is so thick and creamy that I think it goes twice as far as a regular, more liquid foundation. I will definitely repurchase.