Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla hair sheen

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla hair sheen

I am white and have very baby fine hair that gets weighed down easily. This has been the perfect balance of moisturizing, yet not so heavy my hair looks greasy. I've even used it on my 4 yo daughters baby fine hair to enhance her curls and it works beautifully. I honestly didn't know this was even considered an ethnic product because I grabbed my first bottle at TJ Maxx. I don't think I would have tried it if I had known it was for ethnic hair simply because I assumed it would be too moisturizing and heavy for my hair, but I'm really glad I tried it because it works amazingly well for me and smells delicious.

on 8/21/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm white with very fine, dry, wavy hair that I keep shoulder length. My hair NEEDS oil but gets oversaturated very easily by creamy and gel-like anti-frizz products. Prior to this I was using Biosilk Silk Therapy and thought that was the best I was going to get. Putting oil in a spray bottle = genius if you ask me.

I find that I have to go very light with this stuff to get the right results. When my hair is wet and has been treated with heat protectant, I hit the ends with one spray of Black Vanilla, scrunch it together with my fingers for a minute or so, and then blow dry. This makes my hair really silky, bouncy, and healthy looking WITHOUT any limpness or greasiness. I don't care for fragrance in products, but luckily this one fades in a matter of hours. I'm very happy and will definitely be checking out more black haircare products in the future.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm mixed so i have extremely curly hair. this stuff is my holy grail. makes my hair soft, smell good and makes my curls super kinky. 10/10 recommend!!

I receive compliments on the smell. I dont like the packaging. The label wears off if oil gets on the bottle. I couldn't tell which product it was on my shelf. The product coats the hair and the shine last till the end of the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product isn't bad but it's not the absolute best either. However I am a fan of it. I do prefer my products to be more on the natural side without all of the heavy silicones for the most part because I usually dry shampoo my hair to maintain my color and avoid items that build up so having a little bit of cones in this product when they advertise it to be more of a natural product is one of the reasons why I gave it a 3 even though to be honest, a 3.5 would feel more justified. Anyway, I use it on my dry ends here and there and do notice that it makes my locks appear lively again and of course, the scent is amazing! I just wish that it would linger around more :/ another reason for the 3 lippie rating.
When using however, just make sure that you spritz once or twice and at least 8 inches away from your hair to avoid looking like a greaseball. This is definitely a little goes a long way kind of product but when used as it should it does a decent job. I recently bleached and have chemically processed my hair quite a bit and I find that this helps keep my lackluster dry "in recovery" type of hair look and feel better in between my deep conditioning treatments and dry shampoo days.
I have heard many good things from the Carol's daughter line but their items are a bit on the pricey side. So if you don't mind splurging a little I would definitely recommend this product for those with medium to thick dry hair looking for a little light nourishment treatment on the go.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was attracted to this product as I am a big fan of anything that can create a silky hair texture. I have come to find that it is very important to read the details underneath the Carol's Daughter products. This product does specify that it is for dry, dull and brittle hair, however I find that even with just 2 sprays, I found my hair rather oily when used on wet hair. I have not tried this product on dry hair for I am afraid the results might be worse. The results I was looking for were not achieved until maybe the second day of having this product in my hair. I am afraid to use it because every time I do my hair seems too oily, which is a disappointment since I really like the smell. I will do more experimenting with this product before writing it off. I am excited about the brand and am really optimistic about making it work.

Popular Styling Products