BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Medium

4.2

I bought this product back in early 2014. It's coming mid 2016 & I'm just running out of it now- as in I've just hit the bottom of the pan. Overall I've been pretty happy with it. I use it most days on my brows. I have other brow products such as Pale rider by Napoleon Perdis as well as Maybelline brow products as well as Anastacia pen etc. I find that I have kept going back to the benefit brow zing as my brows stay in place with use of the wax and I find the colour a lot better for me and is very natural. I have black hair- and I'm using the light shade as the hairs on my body are naturally light so it makes sense to use similar colour for a beautiful natural brow- I would look stupid if I chose a darker shade. What I specifically love about wax and powder brow products is that I have control over how much product I'm putting on my angled brush where say compared to a pen, it's always distributing product so I feel I have less control over it.
When I need to eventually replenish, I'll definitely be interested in seeing what else benefit has to offer :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product was given to me by my aunt who does not know how to apply it properly. I was happy to adopt a product that was barely used.

Being stuck on YouTube for most days, looking at beauty tutorials, makeup reviews and makeup and skincare tips, I have a clue on how to use the product.

Whenever I apply the wax product onto my brows, it feels great, it glides on really well on my brows. It is smooth to apply and it didn't feel heavy on the hair and it stays for a long time too.

I find the flat blending brush frustrating to use, besides being fiddly to use due to its size. It also likes to separate the brush hair into twos when product is being applied and during application. I would like to same sentiments with the included angled brush.

After applying the wax, I proceeded to apply the powder, which was very creamy and was easy to apply. It can also make your brows look darker and it creates the fullness when they can get sparse.

As for the tweezers, I cannot include it in this review because I don't have it with the products.

The price for this product is around AU$55, which I find quite a steep price for that product. I can recommend better products that are worth the splurge, like, Benefit's Gimme Brows! or IT Cosmetics Brow Power. If you are being a cheapskate, get the essence's brow pencil.

Overall, great product but I wish that they did not include the minuscule brushes and tweezers and also for the price of this product.

To Read all 243 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a five star review from me! Absolutely ADORE this product! It is by far the best eyebrow product I have come across, even better than Anastasia or Tarte, which I love as well. It comes with a waxy product on one side to outline your brows and then a powder on the other side to fill them it. It comes with 2 brushes and a little pair of tweezers to keep up with the shape of your brows. It lasts all day and does its job perfectly. I put Benefit's gimme brow over top of this after I am done and I have perfect brows all day!

I've been using this product for at least 15 years or more, and absolutely loved it! In the past year, I've noticed a dramatic difference in the quality. The wax is very oily, clumps when putting it on and after a few hours my eyebrows are an oily mess. God forbid my kids try to hug and kiss me, my eyebrow makeup will be all over their face and my eyebrows all smeared as well - not a pretty sight. The color of the power has also changed to have red undertones, so not only does it get oily but the reddish-orange color starts to come through.

I just started using Anastasia Beverly Hill eyebrow pomade. After seeing many makeup tutorials on Instagram where this product is used, I decided to try it. I absolutely LOVE IT! It starts off like a cream but dries to a power and does not smear! Yay!

It's too bad that Benefit changed their formula, this used to be a fantastic product. It comes with little tools like a brush and tweezers, even though I've always used my own full size brush. The small one was good for touch ups.

I plan on returning it asap, not worth the money.I wanted to like this product but overall I just can't. I used a friends once when I ran out of my Anastasia brow pencil and ended up buying one shortly after. -Unfortunately I found out that the medium color has really prominent red undertones and doesn't look right with my brown hair, it's very unnatural. I liked the concept of wax to hold brows in place but this stuff doesn't go on smooth and evenly and does not blend at all or the powder. The brushes are so tiny they're useless. Even using a sigma angled brush I couldn't get my eyebrows to look nice :(

I totally love this product I have been using it for four years now and haven't been at all temped to try something else. I couldn't live without this now.
It lasts me over a year and I use it everyday so I think the price is very reasonable.
I don't use the wax just the powder as I can build it up to how defined I want my brows and I don't see why the wax is actually needed, the powder stays in place even after wearing it all day then sleeping in it.

Been using this product for about three years now and I would never use anything else on my brows - my holy grail! I personally have very fair eyebrows which are quite sparse in areas, but brow zings works wonderfully! It lasts all day long and rarely smudges if you outline your brows with a pencil before filling in. The powder of very pigmented and sets the wax well as well as filling in my sparse areas. I am a fan of thick, well defined eyebrows and wouldn't choose a different product, definitely one of my makeup bag staples!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product lasts very long. It does have reddish undertones but I feel that it makes my eyebrows look special. Dark eyebrows are very in right now and this makes my eyebrows look very dark and filled in. This could be because I'm so pale though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this back in November as a bit of an impulse buy and I wish I could get my money back. The red undertones don't make this look natural on me at all, and the microscopic brushes are worthless. I can't believe this product doesn't come with a tiny brow brush. It also has terrible staying power. This is a major waste of money.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Quite a good little brow kit, includes a wax and a powder which you're meant to apply separately, although I find that a bit too time consuming so I just put wax on my brush, then powder and apply it in one.
It's a bit tricky at first but when you get the hang of it it's much better than pencils cos you don't need to sharpen it every 5 minutes and it's self setting so it stays put longer.
The only thing is it could do with having 2 colour powders because sometimes they can look a bit too block, so I end up using it for the bottom line and tail end then shading the top with eyeshadow.
It's about 23 which is pricey compared to pencils etc but it does last a lot longer, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a strong, defined brow.
*TIP don't use the brushes that come with it- they're too small and fiddley, invest in a decent angled brush, I use MAC 208 angled brow brush
Xx