Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment
No Title

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 10/4/2017 11:52:00 PM

I keep a tube of this at my desk, it works great for cuticles and cracked skin. I also have used it on paper cuts, it's good for that too.

on 9/18/2017 7:08:00 AM

This is a miracle ointment for all skin problems/conditions if I may exaggerate it! Suitable for everyone and all ages.

on 9/5/2017 10:42:00 AM

Great for hands/lips...........but i made mistake to put on my face.........woke up with many bumps all over my face.....what the hell was i thinking.......

I guess only use it for really chapped and dry skin...............do not use on ur face if you are normal to dry or combination.....

on 8/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my ride or die. I'm not sure what it is that makes this so different from regular old vaseline, but in my experience this definitely has a healing quality to it in addition to being a plain old occlusive. This is a godsend for my poor dry, dehydrated skin which is being decimated by Tazorac. Now, I love Tazorac. It's more or less completely gotten rid of my cystic acne and scarring. But you do have to baby your skin while using it so that you don't end up becoming a flake monster. Over the years I've tried all kinds of elaborate skin care routines without much success. Now my nighttime routine goes like this. 1) Cleanse face and wait for half an hour. 2) Apply tazorac all over my face, including undereyes. 3) Wait for an hour or so and apply LPR Cicaplast Baume B5 all over. 4) Seal it all in with Aquaphor. That's it. This routine has not only gotten rid of my acne, but it's also minimized the dryness and peeling associated with retinoids. Yes, you'll look quite greasy going to bed. Yes, most of this will probably rub off on your pillow. But the results are so worth it. If you suffer from dry, dehydrated skin it's very important to prevent transepidermal water loss. In my opinion, you can slather on all the moisturizers in the world, but if you're not are using an occlusive to make sure the moisture doesn't escape the skin, you can't fully reap the benefits of the said moisturizer. I will repurchase forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm an assistant at a hair salon, meaning my hands are constantly in water washing hair/cleaning colour bowls, etc. About a month ago my hands became incredibly irritated and an eczema-like reaction appeared all over the backs of my hands and fingers. I tried so many different creams and this is by far the best and fastest product. I've been applying it for about three days before I go to bed and my hands are almost back to normal! Definitely recommend to anyone with eczema or cracked skin.

on 8/27/2017 12:37:00 AM

love this. I mix it with thinner lotions and it helps so wonderfully. my lips are usually always cracked and peeling no matter what the weather. this stuff has been the only thing that made them soft again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Creme de la Mer worked so well for me when I was working, but I hate paying that ridiculous price; so, I did some research and found that Aquaphor has many of the exact same ingredients in it, so it is somewhat like the poor man's moisturizer. I only use it at night as a night cream, and the wrinkles around my eyes have improved greatly--and I have absolutely no fine wrinkles whatsoever anywhere. I will stick with it. It works.
When you are 73 and look 60 at most, I give some of the credit to Aquaphor.

on 7/9/2017 11:46:00 AM

I am using Aquaphor and combining it with Derma E, Skinbiotics Treatment Oil, with Tea Tree and Oregano to help control dermatitis caused by the malassezia yeast.
If you don't know of this condition it's the overgrowth of a naturally present yeast, malassezia, on the skin. The symptoms of which are facial dandruff (flaky white or yellowish I know, gross!) present in and between eyebrows, temples, nose and jawline in particular though it also appears as whiteheads everywhere. Also causes facial redness which flares up especially in hot weather after a shower etc.
The yeast feeds on fats / oils present in sebum and moisturisers. Controlling sebum production and using oil-free products, including make-up and sunscreens, on the face is necessary though can lead to excessive dryness of the skin and early aging, it can also appear like eczema.

My technique to treat this is as follows:
Morning and Night
1 - Wet face and neck with warm water and wash with Bioderma Sensibio DS Foaming Gel and using a Clairisonic brush if you have it. Leave the foam to sit for a few minutes before rinsing off.

2 - Using a diluted mix (1:5) of AppleCiderVinegar and water or Rose Tonic Water gently wipe face and eyes with a cotton pad to tone skin.

3 - Mix together in your palm a large chickpea sized amount of Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment with 3-4 drops of
Derma-E Skinbiotics Treatment Oil, with Tea Tree + Oregano and apply to the entire face and under the jawline avoiding the delicate eye area but reaching the area between brows on the sides of the nasion with a cotton bud.
This is perfect for night time or days when you don't have to go out in make-up
For Daytime instead I use a smaller portion on the problem areas only if necessary and instead use Dr. Brandt's Pores-No-More Anti-Aging Mattifying lotion on the rest of my face. I use Chanel Le Lift Eye serum which is working great.
I also do a pore-cleansing face-mask twice a week.

Anyone who is suffering from malassezia, seborrheic dermatitis or acne I recommend trying this routine it might work for you too and doesn't include any harsh chemicals or over-priced products.

Bioderma Sensibio DS Foaming Gel : https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=119828/Sensibio-DS-Foaming-Gel/Bioderma/Cleansers

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment :

Derma E, Skinbiotics Treatment Oil, with Tea Tree and Oregano :

Dr. Brandt pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion :

on 7/2/2017 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Aquaphor is a fantastic and cheap occlusive moisturizer that also works as lip balm, eye cream, and even a wet healing scar prevention treatment for blemishes and scrapes. My favorite way to use it is to spread a small amount on my fingertips and pat a thin layer over my other skincare products before bed. It seals them in for the night and I always wake up with the dewiest, softest skin of my life. HG product for sure.

Eczema has followed me into my adult years, and keeping it under control is a constant struggle.
Aquaphor is one of the only over the counter products that's effective. Most lotions and creams just burn my skin and make it feel worse. Of course, it's multipurpose and its uses go beyond eczema. I love how smooth it makes my face feel, and I put it under my eyes and on my cheeks every night before bed time to avoid moisture loss. Also heals literally everything even acne! A few years ago I got a huge zit from stress smack on the tip of nose. I was freaking out since it was 10 days before going back to school, and I tried aquaphor as my last hope. Cleared the healing pimple right up! The ingredients in this are incredibly powerful, definitely more potent than regular vaseline. They repair the skin because of the oils and vitamins.
I don't like to blow my budget on cosmetics and, this is so well priced. Bought a jar 2 years ago and even after using it every day, there's still a ton left! So well priced.