Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment
No Title

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this expecting another cream product along the lines of Pond's, Jergens, etc. This Aquaphor really is a step beyond your usual face or body lotion and almost veers into Vaseline territory in its consistency and the effect it has on the skin. It hydrates better, though, and really sinks into the skin to moisturize and protect it.

It IS heavy, so unless you're dealing with excessively dry skin I wouldn't be quick to recommend this for the face. It doesn't have any strange ingredients, but it is so intense I could easily see it clogging pores with recurrent use. I usually just apply creams like this one (although I don't have any as heavy as this one specifically) to my eye area where I want extra moisture and sometimes experience bouts of psoriasis on my eyelids.

Like other reviewers, I'll admit this is a game-changer if you're looking for the ultimate moisturizer. If you have dry skin, or live in a dry or cold climate, I would even go so far as to say this is a must-have. I can't see having a daily use for this in my own life personally, but it's an excellent product and I am glad to have it as needed.

on 1/4/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a new holy grail for me. I am super dry this winter and I was struggling to find moisturizers that would make my skin feel quenched. I bought this not knowing the ingredients and was ecstatic to find out that it's a beautiful blend of my favourite things: Vaseline, glycerin and mineral oil. On their own, it's difficult to use because they're sticky and greasy but Eucerin's Aquaphor blend is beautiful and great for multipurpose. I use it around and on my eyes after applying Cerave on my whole face, and I use it to lock in lip balms. I do winter sports outside and find that adding a bit to my cheeks and in my nose protects from the wind and chill. The best way to use this is on top of another moisturizer, because glycerin, Vaseline and mineral oil are protectants for the skin.

TLDR; multipurpose balm great for protecting skin from weather and for locking in moisture. Saviour for dry skinned people

on 12/25/2016 12:24:00 AM

All I can say is, "This sh#t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!" I have the most sensitive eczema prone skin. Seriously, eczema on my forehead, down the side of my face and on my eye lids and eye brows. I tried oil cleansing and moisturizing w jojoba oil. I tried a crap ton of other natural items, but it just left me with insainly itchy, red, angry skin. It actually hurt. It turns out that my skin loves chemicals, parabens, mineral oil and petroleum....LOL. Seriously, I wash at night w Cerave, moisturize with Cetaphil lotion and put Aquaphor on all eczema patches and around eyes and lips. Skin is finally happy, normal and plump! I am never trying a different product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always have this in my purse. It's excellent for my dry eczema prone skin. I use it around my lips and eyes before bed and wake up with smooth hydrated lips and lids.

on 11/24/2016 2:20:00 AM

This is the bizz as far as healing dry skin, love that it's not greasy, sinks right into the skin and soothes dry cracked heels

on 11/22/2016 5:21:00 AM

love it

on 11/21/2016 8:35:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail product for chapped, dry, cracked, bleeeding lips, irritated skin and overall skin rehab. I have this in a jar and little tubes to carry around. I love the Advanced Therapy formula.
It is greasy and thick but that's why I love it. For my extremely dry lips I've tried everything - Vaseline, Carmex, Kiehl's, Clarins, L'Occitane - you name it. But this beats it all! I will never be left without a package of this anytime. Especially in the cold rough winters we have here.
When I was on Accutane dry skin was a real issue and I was really struggling before I found this. Any flaking or dry rough patches would go away overnight when I'd slather this on.
Same thing for my lips, I constantly apply this in the wintertime and it's the only thing that keeps my lips in good shape. This is a keeper and a lifesaver!

on 10/29/2016 4:58:00 PM

MIRACLE PRODUCT! This is one of those products that I'd been hearing about for years and years. I honestly wish I had tried it sooner. It's really great for dry or irritated skin. Heals chapped lips too.

You can buy this either in a jar or a tube, I prefer the tube because it's more sanitary. Its texture is basically the same as Vaseline, so it does moisturize to the point of greasiness. Not too crazy about that, but its effects are visible literally overnight.

I will definitely buy this again! Highly Recommended!

on 10/21/2016 9:22:00 PM

This stuff is wonderful. I use it for lip balm, to heal tattoos, if I have any severe dry skin patches...basically for everything. This is the best ointment hands down. A bit pricy but I buy the big tub and I use it at least twice a day be it on my elbows or heels sometimes my cuticles always on my lips and dry patches on my face. Seriously, if you're even thinking about getting this just do it you won't regret it!

on 8/25/2016 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Came off accutane about 2 years ago and still have super dry lips. This was the only the product to soothe my very dry lips whilst on the medication and there's no way I'll ever stop using this. I would say this is my only HG product as I have such difficult skin and am yet to find the perfect foundation/moisturiser etc. Would 100% recommend to everyone with dry lips or even those who just want a moisturising lip salve.

Cons - annoying and inconvenient packaging