Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment
No Title

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 5/25/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in a small little jar and it is the best product I found for my naturally cracked and dry lips. My lips are always dry and appear to be chapped and cracked even if they aren't. I even had microdermabrasion done on these things and it does nothing. I have tried it all and I am SO happy to have found this.
Aquaphor ointment is very smooth, lightweight, and not sticky. I have been wearing less lipstick and gloss in favor of lip liner paired with this balm.

on 5/11/2017 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in a big tube and a mini. It looks like Vaseline but when used sparingly, this is a bit more matte and absorptive (a bit less greasy and does not travel (on lips). Aquaphor is a semi-occlusive. It contains ingredients that apparently speed healing and panthenol aids absorption (Ways it differs from Vaseline).

As lip balm, I prefer it to kiehl's #1. (For severe chapped lips, I also use lansinoh 100% lanolin which also comes in small tubes. Lanolin is classified as an emollient and Vaseline as an occlusive, so sometimes I layer very sparingly). Multifunctional. I have combination skin, tending towards dry, prone to milia and hives. This doesn't aggravate anything when applied lightly on dry patches. Also good (and sting free) if you are like me and sometimes overdo the use of AHA, BHA and retinoids and your Cerave Cream doesn't seem to be enough. On days when I want easier spreadability, I dampen my hands and rub some aquaphor in between them, then apply.

Note: I also use the CVS brand version of eucerin aquaphor interchangeably (its reviewed on two separate listings on MUA, but it's the same CVS product. Same ingredients, same functionality as Aquaphor. CVS ingredients : petroleum 41%, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, pantheon. Glycerin, bisabolol.

on 5/2/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff is better than Vaseline. It keeps my skin moisturized and glowy without clogging my pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been putting this literally all over my face at night (the only thing to be wary of is rolling over into my pillowcase before it's sunken in) and I swear it's helped heal any current acne and also fade dark marks and scars. I'll often take it down my neck + a bit on my chest too. Lips, definitely. It can be applied anywhere that's irritated or dry. It's very thick and gel-like and needs the warmth of your hands to melt + massage it in.

I have found that you can keep using more and more of Aquaphor and the skin will just keep absorbing it - so it's not ideal for hands or body, where I tend to like a more cost-effective amount in a thinner, more easily spreadable consistency, but I like it a lot for my face.

on 4/7/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I put this shit on everything. Literally. Eczema? Got it. Chapped lips? You bet. Chemical burn from the one time I tried benzoyl peroxide? Saved my face. I've also used it for razor burn, dry/scaly eyelids, cracked heels and elbows, etc. It's great. Just buy it already!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After shaving, my skin is really sensitive & it is easy for me to get razor burn. Using this on my legs after shaving is the best way to prevent razor burn or irritation, & my legs feel moisturized.

In the winter, when my face is really dry I'll put a very thin layer of this on my face before bed. The severe dryness is relieved within a few days & I can go back to my normal moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is my favorite night time moisturizer and lip balm. nothing softens my lips better. if my lips are really chappy and flaky, i glob it on and let it sit for a minute, and then scrub it off worth a toothbrush. it is my favorite way to do a lip scrub. before i go to sleep, i rub a thin layer of this into my face, worth a little extra on dry areas or aging line areas. i wale up with skin that looks radiant and hydrated. it is a great, if heavy, moisturizer. their marketing doesn't play it up, but that's its best use imo.

on 2/25/2017 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've done myself a disservice in trying to avoid mineral oil and petroleum in my cosmetics. Winter DESTROYS my hands and lips - they flake, peel, crack and bleed. It's pretty nasty and I can't do things like wash dishes without gloves because my hands hurt so much. I can't wear lipstick because my skin is too flakey. It's awful. I stole this from my roommate and haven't given it back. One week of Aquaphor has healed my skin. Most of the cuts on my fingertips are closed and healing, the redness is gone. Please understand I have tired EVERYTHING. Hundreds of commercial hand creams; working hands, Udderly Smooth Cream, Bag Balm, solid beeswax moisture bars, ONLY this has worked. I will buy my own tube soon.

on 2/17/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have spent my whole life with dry, cracked fingers and lips. I kept buying all the latest, greatest products that were supposed to solve this problem. Why I never tried this old classic is beyond me. I chanced upon this recommendation as I was (again!) trying to relieve my painful, bleeding chapped lips and aching hands. A few days of this on my lips* and hands and I was transformed. I feel like an idiot for missing this fantastic product all these years.

(*for one day, I also used a little hydrocortisone ointment because my lips were so damaged and chapped)

It's a really simple ingredients list of very mild, yet effective ingredients: White petroleum, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Bisabolol.

I use it everywhere and all the time now...cuticles, lips, feet. It's a bit too greasy to use all over my hands, so I spot treat with this for healing and extreme dryness--then use my favorite hand and body lotion for all over moisture.

If you have tried everything under the sun, but still haven't given Aquaphor classic healing ointment a try, go spend the whole $6 and see if this doesn't finally solve your problems.

on 2/8/2017 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Must have for parched skin. I've always heard good things about this for the face but in the past only used it around eyes and on lips. I recently started using Epiduo Forte and my skin is flaking like crazy, in huge pieces and tiny millions of flakes making me look so dull. Slathered a layer on last night after my retinol treatment, can't say it feels great. Burns like hell, but that's the price of retinoids. However, I woke up and my face looked and felt like an angel's butt cheek. I even used it under makeup this morning and I feel dewy and radiant. Perfect for those who suffer from extremely dry skin due to weather or retinol.