Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment
No Title

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 8/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my ride or die. I'm not sure what it is that makes this so different from regular old vaseline, but in my experience this definitely has a healing quality to it in addition to being a plain old occlusive. This is a godsend for my poor dry, dehydrated skin which is being decimated by Tazorac. Now, I love Tazorac. It's more or less completely gotten rid of my cystic acne and scarring. But you do have to baby your skin while using it so that you don't end up becoming a flake monster. Over the years I've tried all kinds of elaborate skin care routines without much success. Now my nighttime routine goes like this. 1) Cleanse face and wait for half an hour. 2) Apply tazorac all over my face, including undereyes. 3) Wait for an hour or so and apply LPR Cicaplast Baume B5 all over. 4) Seal it all in with Aquaphor. That's it. This routine has not only gotten rid of my acne, but it's also minimized the dryness and peeling associated with retinoids. Yes, you'll look quite greasy going to bed. Yes, most of this will probably rub off on your pillow. But the results are so worth it. If you suffer from dry, dehydrated skin it's very important to prevent transepidermal water loss. In my opinion, you can slather on all the moisturizers in the world, but if you're not are using an occlusive to make sure the moisture doesn't escape the skin, you can't fully reap the benefits of the said moisturizer. I will repurchase forever.

Eczema has followed me into my adult years, and keeping it under control is a constant struggle.
I always do my best to prevent it - cold showers, being careful with the detergents and cosmetics I use - but sometimes it just happens no matter what!
Aquaphor is one of the only products that helps me. Most lotions and creams just burn my skin and make it feel worse. Aquaphor is one of the few products that soothes the burning feel!
Of course, it's multipurpose and its uses go beyond eczema. I love how smooth it makes my face feel, and I put it under my eyes and on my cheeks every now and then when I skin needs a moisture boost.
I don't like to blow my budget on cosmetics and, this is so economical. Bought a jar 2 years ago and still have a ton left. So well priced!

on 7/9/2017 11:46:00 AM

I am using Aquaphor and combining it with Derma E, Skinbiotics Treatment Oil, with Tea Tree and Oregano to help control dermatitis caused by the malassezia yeast.
If you don't know of this condition it's the overgrowth of a naturally present yeast, malassezia, on the skin. The symptoms of which are facial dandruff (flaky white or yellowish I know, gross!) present in and between eyebrows, temples, nose and jawline in particular though it also appears as whiteheads everywhere. Also causes facial redness which flares up especially in hot weather after a shower etc.
The yeast feeds on fats / oils present in sebum and moisturisers. Controlling sebum production and using oil-free products, including make-up and sunscreens, on the face is necessary though can lead to excessive dryness of the skin and early aging, it can also appear like eczema.

My technique to treat this is as follows:
Morning and Night
1 - Wet face and neck with warm water and wash with Bioderma Sensibio DS Foaming Gel and using a Clairisonic brush if you have it. Leave the foam to sit for a few minutes before rinsing off.

2 - Using a diluted mix (1:5) of AppleCiderVinegar and water or Rose Tonic Water gently wipe face and eyes with a cotton pad to tone skin.

3 - Mix together in your palm a large chickpea sized amount of Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment with 3-4 drops of
Derma-E Skinbiotics Treatment Oil, with Tea Tree + Oregano and apply to the entire face and under the jawline avoiding the delicate eye area but reaching the area between brows on the sides of the nasion with a cotton bud.
This is perfect for night time or days when you don't have to go out in make-up
For Daytime instead I use a smaller portion on the problem areas only if necessary and instead use Dr. Brandt's Pores-No-More Anti-Aging Mattifying lotion on the rest of my face. I use Chanel Le Lift Eye serum which is working great.
I also do a pore-cleansing face-mask twice a week.

Anyone who is suffering from malassezia, seborrheic dermatitis or acne I recommend trying this routine it might work for you too and doesn't include any harsh chemicals or over-priced products.

Bioderma Sensibio DS Foaming Gel : https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=119828/Sensibio-DS-Foaming-Gel/Bioderma/Cleansers

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment :

Derma E, Skinbiotics Treatment Oil, with Tea Tree and Oregano :

Dr. Brandt pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion :

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Creme de la Mer worked so well for me when I was working, but I hate paying that ridiculous price; so, I did some research and found that Aquaphor has many of the exact same ingredients in it, so it is somewhat like the poor man's moisturizer. I only use it at night as a night cream, and the wrinkles around my eyes have improved greatly--and I have absolutely no fine wrinkles whatsoever anywhere. I will stick with it. It works.
When you are 73 and look 60 at most, I give some of the credit to Aquaphor.

on 7/2/2017 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Aquaphor is a fantastic and cheap occlusive moisturizer that also works as lip balm, eye cream, and even a wet healing scar prevention treatment for blemishes and scrapes. My favorite way to use it is to spread a small amount on my fingertips and pat a thin layer over my other skincare products before bed. It seals them in for the night and I always wake up with the dewiest, softest skin of my life. HG product for sure.

on 5/25/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in a small little jar and it is the best product I found for my naturally cracked and dry lips. My lips are always dry and appear to be chapped and cracked even if they aren't. I even had microdermabrasion done on these things and it does nothing. I have tried it all and I am SO happy to have found this.
Aquaphor ointment is very smooth, lightweight, and not sticky. I have been wearing less lipstick and gloss in favor of lip liner paired with this balm.

on 5/11/2017 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in a big tube and a mini. It looks like Vaseline but when used sparingly, this is a bit more matte and absorptive (a bit less greasy and does not travel (on lips). Aquaphor is a semi-occlusive. It contains ingredients that apparently speed healing and panthenol aids absorption (Ways it differs from Vaseline).

As lip balm, I prefer it to kiehl's #1. (For severe chapped lips, I also use lansinoh 100% lanolin which also comes in small tubes. Lanolin is classified as an emollient and Vaseline as an occlusive, so sometimes I layer very sparingly). Multifunctional. I have combination skin, tending towards dry, prone to milia and hives. This doesn't aggravate anything when applied lightly on dry patches. Also good (and sting free) if you are like me and sometimes overdo the use of AHA, BHA and retinoids and your Cerave Cream doesn't seem to be enough. On days when I want easier spreadability, I dampen my hands and rub some aquaphor in between them, then apply.

Note: I also use the CVS brand version of eucerin aquaphor interchangeably (its reviewed on two separate listings on MUA, but it's the same CVS product. Same ingredients, same functionality as Aquaphor. CVS ingredients : petroleum 41%, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, pantheon. Glycerin, bisabolol.

on 5/2/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff is better than Vaseline. It keeps my skin moisturized and glowy without clogging my pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been putting this literally all over my face at night (the only thing to be wary of is rolling over into my pillowcase before it's sunken in) and I swear it's helped heal any current acne and also fade dark marks and scars. I'll often take it down my neck + a bit on my chest too. Lips, definitely. It can be applied anywhere that's irritated or dry. It's very thick and gel-like and needs the warmth of your hands to melt + massage it in.

I have found that you can keep using more and more of Aquaphor and the skin will just keep absorbing it - so it's not ideal for hands or body, where I tend to like a more cost-effective amount in a thinner, more easily spreadable consistency, but I like it a lot for my face.

on 4/7/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I put this shit on everything. Literally. Eczema? Got it. Chapped lips? You bet. Chemical burn from the one time I tried benzoyl peroxide? Saved my face. I've also used it for razor burn, dry/scaly eyelids, cracked heels and elbows, etc. It's great. Just buy it already!

Popular Lotions / Creams