Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment
No Title

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been putting this literally all over my face at night (the only thing to be wary of is rolling over into my pillowcase before it's sunken in) and I swear it's helped heal any current acne and also fade dark marks and scars. I'll often take it down my neck + a bit on my chest too. Lips, definitely. It can be applied anywhere that's irritated or dry. It's very thick and gel-like and needs the warmth of your hands to melt + massage it in.

I have found that you can keep using more and more of Aquaphor and the skin will just keep absorbing it - so it's not ideal for hands or body, where I tend to like a more cost-effective amount in a thinner, more easily spreadable consistency, but I like it a lot for my face.

on 4/7/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I put this shit on everything. Literally. Eczema? Got it. Chapped lips? You bet. Chemical burn from the one time I tried benzoyl peroxide? Saved my face. I've also used it for razor burn, dry/scaly eyelids, cracked heels and elbows, etc. It's great. Just buy it already!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After shaving, my skin is really sensitive & it is easy for me to get razor burn. Using this on my legs after shaving is the best way to prevent razor burn or irritation, & my legs feel moisturized.

In the winter, when my face is really dry I'll put a very thin layer of this on my face before bed. The severe dryness is relieved within a few days & I can go back to my normal moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is my favorite night time moisturizer and lip balm. nothing softens my lips better. if my lips are really chappy and flaky, i glob it on and let it sit for a minute, and then scrub it off worth a toothbrush. it is my favorite way to do a lip scrub. before i go to sleep, i rub a thin layer of this into my face, worth a little extra on dry areas or aging line areas. i wale up with skin that looks radiant and hydrated. it is a great, if heavy, moisturizer. their marketing doesn't play it up, but that's its best use imo.

on 2/25/2017 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've done myself a disservice in trying to avoid mineral oil and petroleum in my cosmetics. Winter DESTROYS my hands and lips - they flake, peel, crack and bleed. It's pretty nasty and I can't do things like wash dishes without gloves because my hands hurt so much. I can't wear lipstick because my skin is too flakey. It's awful. I stole this from my roommate and haven't given it back. One week of Aquaphor has healed my skin. Most of the cuts on my fingertips are closed and healing, the redness is gone. Please understand I have tired EVERYTHING. Hundreds of commercial hand creams; working hands, Udderly Smooth Cream, Bag Balm, solid beeswax moisture bars, ONLY this has worked. I will buy my own tube soon.

on 2/17/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have spent my whole life with dry, cracked fingers and lips. I kept buying all the latest, greatest products that were supposed to solve this problem. Why I never tried this old classic is beyond me. I chanced upon this recommendation as I was (again!) trying to relieve my painful, bleeding chapped lips and aching hands. A few days of this on my lips* and hands and I was transformed. I feel like an idiot for missing this fantastic product all these years.

(*for one day, I also used a little hydrocortisone ointment because my lips were so damaged and chapped)

It's a really simple ingredients list of very mild, yet effective ingredients: White petroleum, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Bisabolol.

I use it everywhere and all the time now...cuticles, lips, feet. It's a bit too greasy to use all over my hands, so I spot treat with this for healing and extreme dryness--then use my favorite hand and body lotion for all over moisture.

If you have tried everything under the sun, but still haven't given Aquaphor classic healing ointment a try, go spend the whole $6 and see if this doesn't finally solve your problems.

on 2/8/2017 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Must have for parched skin. I've always heard good things about this for the face but in the past only used it around eyes and on lips. I recently started using Epiduo Forte and my skin is flaking like crazy, in huge pieces and tiny millions of flakes making me look so dull. Slathered a layer on last night after my retinol treatment, can't say it feels great. Burns like hell, but that's the price of retinoids. However, I woke up and my face looked and felt like an angel's butt cheek. I even used it under makeup this morning and I feel dewy and radiant. Perfect for those who suffer from extremely dry skin due to weather or retinol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this expecting another cream product along the lines of Pond's, Jergens, etc. This Aquaphor really is a step beyond your usual face or body lotion and almost veers into Vaseline territory in its consistency and the effect it has on the skin. It hydrates better, though, and really sinks into the skin to moisturize and protect it.

It IS heavy, so unless you're dealing with excessively dry skin I wouldn't be quick to recommend this for the face. It doesn't have any strange ingredients, but it is so intense I could easily see it clogging pores with recurrent use. I usually just apply creams like this one (although I don't have any as heavy as this one specifically) to my eye area where I want extra moisture and sometimes experience bouts of psoriasis on my eyelids.

Like other reviewers, I'll admit this is a game-changer if you're looking for the ultimate moisturizer. If you have dry skin, or live in a dry or cold climate, I would even go so far as to say this is a must-have. I can't see having a daily use for this in my own life personally, but it's an excellent product and I am glad to have it as needed.

on 1/4/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a new holy grail for me. I am super dry this winter and I was struggling to find moisturizers that would make my skin feel quenched. I bought this not knowing the ingredients and was ecstatic to find out that it's a beautiful blend of my favourite things: Vaseline, glycerin and mineral oil. On their own, it's difficult to use because they're sticky and greasy but Eucerin's Aquaphor blend is beautiful and great for multipurpose. I use it around and on my eyes after applying Cerave on my whole face, and I use it to lock in lip balms. I do winter sports outside and find that adding a bit to my cheeks and in my nose protects from the wind and chill. The best way to use this is on top of another moisturizer, because glycerin, Vaseline and mineral oil are protectants for the skin.

TLDR; multipurpose balm great for protecting skin from weather and for locking in moisture. Saviour for dry skinned people

on 12/25/2016 12:24:00 AM

All I can say is, "This sh#t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!" I have the most sensitive eczema prone skin. Seriously, eczema on my forehead, down the side of my face and on my eye lids and eye brows. I tried oil cleansing and moisturizing w jojoba oil. I tried a crap ton of other natural items, but it just left me with insainly itchy, red, angry skin. It actually hurt. It turns out that my skin loves chemicals, parabens, mineral oil and petroleum....LOL. Seriously, I wash at night w Cerave, moisturize with Cetaphil lotion and put Aquaphor on all eczema patches and around eyes and lips. Skin is finally happy, normal and plump! I am never trying a different product.