Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced TherapyNo Title

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is MAGIC for lips esp at night. I bought the squeezy tube version (NOT the one "marketed" as lip therapy); I've only used this once, as I'm trying to through other multipurpose ointments at the moment. You'll notice in my reviews of Vaseline lip therapy (in the tins or cute litte container) and the Aquaphor lip treatment that I keep reinstating dampening your lips and then applying. I got this technique from Dr. Dray on YT; she says to do this with your skin (face and body) to really seal and lock in moisture. She never explicitly stated to do this with the skin on the lips (at least videos I've watched) but I imagine the principle would still apply. I tried that with this and it stayed for a looooong time.

I've not tried it, but I imagine this is good for almost everything: elbows, knees, feet, ragged cuticles, random dry patches of skin on face & body, etc. Get this!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is very thick and doesn't absorb very well, however at times when my lower legs and the tops of my feet get excessively dry and even crack, this is brilliant at occluding the area and sealing in moisture. I can only use this on a night time and let it do its thing, if I use during the day it just transfers onto the inside of my jeans or whatever I happen to be wearing. Far too rich for my face, but for areas of my body where needed it's exactly what the doctor ordered! Very concentrated too, meaning a little goes a long way, I use much less of this than what I would a lotion or cream. Excellent stuff!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 12/19/2018 8:34:00 PM

This is basically petroleum jelly. And it’s too thick and way too greasy. Pass on this one.

on 9/5/2018 9:12:00 AM

I use it usually for my chapped lips and it’s great. Sometimes I use it over my moisturizer especially the under eye area. It also helps with dry feet. The only thing that I don’t like is that it is very sticky and doesn’t absorb very well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am using this as a lip balm and have been so impressed! I have dry lips and this has helped massively, I only use the tiniest amount and don't need to reapply as often as I do other products. It is incredibly good value for money when used as a lip balm as the tube is huge & will last a very very long time!

I bought this to help some eczema I had living on my face, as well as for some extremely dry patches.

I found that it did nothing, but I should've known, since petroleum based products never work for me, they're just good for sealing the moisture in, instead of actually healing the damage.

It is a very thick, greasy product which is to be expected, which I also did not like very much. If felt sticky and suffocating to my skin.

I am grateful that it didn't cause any adverse reactions though.

It just wasn't for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have the 14oz. tub version. I have tried so many times to like this product, but it's simply not for me. It's way too heavy/greasy for my skin; it never fails to break me out when used anywhere near my face or chest. I found the new O'keeffee's body lotion and it its 10x better than this product for me personally. If you have sensitive skin or skin that breaks out easily, you might want to keep this product away from your face.

on 3/29/2018 9:41:00 AM

Well, I was allergic to this. However, objectively, it protects your skin while it's on. The texture is thick - but that's what an ointment is. If you have a pet, or if you wear something fuzzy, everything will stick to it. Unfortunately, I had to return it.

on 3/19/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I’ll just add to all the other positive reviews... This stuff is great for lots of things. I have the squeeze tube which is a lot nicer than the tub. I use it at night to lock in my Moisturizer on my eye area, on lips, on blemishes to help them heal and not get flaky, on my cuticles, on my hands when they are especially dry and on my feet. It is greasy so I usually only use it at night. Love it!

If I had to pick one "ride or die", ultimate HG product, this would be it...although it took me awhile to figure out how it works BEST. When I first started using Aquaphor, I really didn't think it was all that great, TBH. I started out by applying it to dry lips, thinking it would be a good overnight lip treatment, and I was kinda disappointed. Then, I learned that most moisturizing and/or healing products work best when applied to damp (or even wet) skin. So, I changed up my routine a bit, and have been much happier with the results...I use it for everything, from eyelid eczema to highlighting. This is how I'm currently using it:

LIPS: As an overnight lip treatment; as a protective layer on my lips when whitening my teeth; and to soften/remove flaky spots. I make sure my lips are clean (no toothpaste, whitening gel, etc.), then run a little tap water over my lips with my finger before applying Aquaphor. Once you figure out how much water to use, this step makes a HUGE difference. After about 30 minutes or so, if I'm just trying to get rid of flakey spots, I can wipe my lips with a warm washcloth and the flakes just slide right off. If I'm using it as an overnight treatment, I wipe off the Aquaphor in the morning (a reasonably thick layer will last all night). I basically refuse to buy expensive lip treatments now, because absolutely nothing works even half as well as this regimen.

FACE: Protects my skin from getting dried out due to chlorine exposure at the pool...but you didn't hear that from me, if you get busted for greasing up and potentially clogging the pool filters :) Whenever I pick at a spot on my face and it leaves a scab or red mark, I get it slightly damp with some tap water, then cake it with Aquaphor to keep the area soft instead of crusty. This promotes moist wound healing, which helps prevent scarring. Keeping the area soft also prevents cracking and bleeding, and prevents those big raised scabs that are even harder to stop picking. It may or may not make scabby areas heal faster - YMMV.

EYES: When my eyelid eczema flares up, I apply Aquaphor on my upper and lower eyelids and leave on overnight. Usually, I do this after I've washed my face and applied CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to wet skin (including my eyelids). The Aquaphor acts as an occlusive layer and really helps the moisturizer sink in. I've also applied Aquaphor directly to my damp eyelids, without using CeraVe. My eyelids go from burning, red, flaky, and scaly, to smooth and comfortable, in 1-2 applications.

MAKEUP: A little Aquaphor dabbed along my cheekbones gives me a nice glow. I've used it as a highlighter in a pinch. Will it replace your High Beam, your Watts Up, your Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops? No, but it's a nice touch when you aren't going to wear makeup (e.g., at the beach, while camping, etc.). My lips are fairly pigmented, so Aquaphor gives me that "my lips but better" kind of look without actually being a color, per se. It's not matte, but it isn't shiny, either - it's more of a dewy finish. To that effect, it can also be used to blur/soften your lip color. It also makes it easier for me to clean up any mistakes while doing my makeup, and since it has no taste or smell, it doesn't interfere with other products or the taste of food and drinks.

PERFUME: A small amount of Aquaphor applied to the skin helps fragrance last longer (since it has something to "grab onto"). For obvious reasons, it only works if you're going to be spraying or dabbing your perfume on top of the Aquaphor - don't gunk up your rollerballs trying to roll over Aquaphor ;) It may or may not prevent skin irritation from the fragrance, if you use it as a sort of barrier to prevent the fragrance from making direct contact with your skin.

CUTICLES: Aquaphor makes a good cuticle treatment, either alone or as an occlusive layer over a thinner product (such as hand cream, cuticle butter, cuticle oil, etc.). It also works well as a barrier to keep nail polish off your cuticles and skin when painting your nails...it's a bit tricky to get it on without touching the nail plate, but it makes clean up SO much easier.

HANDS: Due to the nature of my job, I have to wash my hands (or use hand sanitizer) literally dozens, sometimes hundreds, of times per shift. I like to make a hand mask by applying a thick cream to my damp hands, then slathering them with a generous layer of Aquaphor, and covering my hands with either clean socks or a pair of white cotton gloves (I got mine at Ulta for about $5). Personally, I find that Aquaphor works better on my hands than plain Vaseline, but this trick will work with either product.

FIRST AID: As noted above, Aquaphor is good for promoting moist wound healing. Many of the cuts, scrapes, and general boo-boos that Neosporin is promoted for should actually be treated with a non-antibiotic product, such as Vaseline or Aquaphor. The triple antibiotic in Neosporin is highly sensitizing, and most cuts and scrapes do not require an antibiotic, anyway - but could still benefit from the moist healing environment. After cleansing the area, I like to apply a thin layer of Aquaphor (or Vaseline, if that's the only thing available) and cover with a clean BandAid. This was actually the regimen prescribed to me by my dermatologist when I had a "scoop" biopsy taken from my leg - wash with lukewarm water + unscented Dove soap; rinse; thin layer non-antibiotic ointment; bandage!

In a nutshell: I hoard Aquaphor and keep it stashed all over the house, in my purse, in my work bag, in my coat pockets, you get the picture - I keep it everywhere. I even buy smaller tubes to take to work and give to patients, coworkers, etc. who could use some. It's cheap, it is extremely effective (thanks to a solid combination of ingredients), and it's a multitasker = win win win! Just be sure to look at the ingredients if you have any allergies - it does contain Lanolin, for example.

Popular Lotions / Creams