4.7

$7.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

Ok for all those wondering why Aquaphor is a great product you need to know how to properly use it. So first off Aquaphor is not intended as a skin moisturizer it is a healing skin protector. Meaning that it creates a barrier on the skin to seal in moisture and speed up the healing process. With that being said if you have dry, dehydrated skin the best way to use this product is to layer it OVER moisturizers. What this does is that it seals in the moisture and holds the water in your skin. If you have cuts, scrapes and popped pimples it protects the skin while its growing new skin in that area. Because this doesnt absorb deeply into the skin it does not lead to breakouts (unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients). *So moving on to my personal experience... I love this stuff! I am acne prone so I use a lot of acne killing ingredients in my skincare and sometimes if I go a little over board I find my face gets tight and irritated. To fix this I will apply a light hydrating serum and moisturizer then I will apply a pea sized amount all over my face to seal in my creams. This definitely keeps my skin from losing moisture during the night, the next morning my skin is plumper and calmer. Don't be scared by the greasy ointment consistency this can be a lifesaver for

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!! NO MORE FLAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE DRYNESS!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TERRIBLE SKIN DUE TO ECZEMA AND THIS IS DEF WHAT I WILL BE USING THIS WINTER . IF U SUFFER FROM FLAKES, DRY ,CRACKED SKIN THIS IS FOR U !

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

HG lip ointment. The only product that keeps my lip hydrated. I never wake up with dry cracked lips when using this. The minute I stray away and start using other commercial lip balms, my lips become extremely dry and in extreme cases, crack and bleed. Also love that it is a universal product that can be used anywhere. Little goes a long way!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

This thing saved my skin. I stupidly tried a new benzoyl peroxide acne product without patch testing it first, and put it all over my face. By the next day my face was very red, itchy, scaly, and really dry, and I was getting flaky sores around my mouth. Heavy duty moisturizers, even Eucerin ones, all stung my skin and wasn't healing my skin very well or very fast. I bought this after people recommended it to me and three days later, my face is pretty much healed completely! Be prepared for it to last a looooong time. It's almost like vaseline in it's consistency (but in a handy tube instead of vaseline in a pot), but it works a lot better than vaseline. The moisture lasts easily a day, even after washing my face twice in that time. Normally with vaseline I put it on at night and the next morning it's rubbed off all over my pillows, but with this it stays on. It's fragrance free, so that was wonderful for my raw sensitive skin. I paid around $10 canadian for a 50g tube, which is relatively pricey, but I'm sure it will last a long time because a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I always keep this in my house. If your lips are seriously dried and damaged, there is nothing else that will repair them overnight the way this stuff will. It's like magic. Got super dry hands, gnarly elbows, cracked heels? Live somewhere with terribly cold dry winters? You NEED this stuff. It's expensive, sure, but you use so little it lasts forever. I live in Canada and I've been using the same tube for a few years now. Totally worth the price tag.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

This has been almost a miracle product for me. Although I've had some on hand since my children were babies, I was always too afraid to use it on myself for fear that it would cause a horrific breakout. A few weeks ago my face was raw from Retin-A Micro .08 (a formula which was far more than my sensitive skin could handle). I tried using Neosporin, which didn't really do what I hoped. Then I read a recommendation on a forum to use Aquaphor. I dug it out of the junk drawer and began applying it a few times a day to the raw patch and watched the magic unfold. The patch healed within a few days and left no lingering redness behind. I also tried it on an acne spot that had already "popped" and a week later, it's GONE with no noticeable PIH at all. I'm trying a different, gentler tretinoin formulation now, but I've been applying the Aquaphor to any flaky patches that appear as well as any pimples that come to the surface and leave behind redness. My only regret is not trying this sooner because it works amazingly well for me and has not yet caused a breakout and heals dry skin and open acne spots amazingly well. A little bit goes a ridiculously long way, so the price point is very, very low. I will continue to always have this in my medicine and beauty supply arsenal and plan to throw a sample tube in my purse as well once I find one.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

4 years ago

This product is amazing! I know it isn’t anything new or revolutionary, but it is definitely something everyone should have in their medicine cabinet. Ever since it saved my skin, I carry a tube of it around with me in my purse and keep a tub by my nightstand. I initially bought it due to a bad reaction my face had to some strong salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide. Never in my life had my oily skin been so dry. I looked in the mirror one night after a shower and half my face was peeling off. It was so painful and dry, I couldn’t even open my mouth without my skin tearing and cracking. None of my face creams were helping, even when slathered in thick, visible layers. I was desperate for relief, when I found that this is sometimes recommended for use after strong peels. So, I ran out and bought a tub, and promptly slathered it all over my face. Upon application, my skin immediately felt 100% better, and it looked 100% better within two days. I would gently exfoliate in the morning and evening with a damp washcloth to remove the dead skin, and follow up with this. Obviously, I wouldn’t recommend using this all over your face on a daily basis; especially if you’re acne prone. But it has already become my favorite lip balm (it feels extremely similar to my Crème de Rose by Dior, without any fragrance of course). My co-worker even saw it on my desk and said, “Isn’t that stuff amazing? I always use it on my elbows and knees in the winter when they’re really dry.” Love it, I will never ever be without it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

A cerca de productos como este, es cuando considero que vale la pena escribir un review, lo probé por que leí muy buenos comentarios en esta página a cerca de él, y definitivamente compruebo que es un excelente producto, lo probé para quitar la irritación de mi piel después de la depilación laser brasileña, y realmente ayudo a mi piel a regenerarse y a eliminar la irritación, lo recomiendo mucho!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

This stuff is amazing! I use it for EVERYTHING. My lips when they are dry, cuts and burns, and even my breakouts! Yes, pimples. This stuff actually helps them go down & dry out, which is weird since this stuff is hydrating. I find that it helps so much with my skin. I would use it at night, applying to my lips, breakouts, and even my lashes just to give them a conditioning treatment. I love this more than Vaseline!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I have awful allergies & am constantly blowing my nose. I put this stuff on the skin under my nose and it soothes so nicely. I also use just a dab in my nose during winter when the air is dry. Another use is for cuticles! I find it best to apply at night right before bed so it stay on. Of corse I also use this on lips. Prefer it to Vaseline.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Warm