4.7

$7.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

Eczema has followed me into my adult years, and keeping it under control is a constant struggle. Aquaphor is one of the only over the counter products that's effective. Most lotions and creams just burn my skin and make it feel worse. Of course, it's multipurpose and its uses go beyond eczema. I love how smooth it makes my face feel, and I put it under my eyes and on my cheeks every night before bed time to avoid moisture loss. Also heals literally everything even acne! A few years ago I got a huge zit from stress smack on the tip of nose. I was freaking out since it was 10 days before going back to school, and I tried aquaphor as my last hope. Cleared the healing pimple right up! The ingredients in this are incredibly powerful, definitely more potent than regular vaseline. They repair the skin because of the oils and vitamins. I don't like to blow my budget on cosmetics and, this is so well priced. Bought a jar 2 years ago and even after using it every day, there's still a ton left! So well priced.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Creme de la Mer worked so well for me when I was working, but I hate paying that ridiculous price; so, I did some research and found that Aquaphor has many of the exact same ingredients in it, so it is somewhat like the poor man's moisturizer. I only use it at night as a night cream, and the wrinkles around my eyes have improved greatly--and I have absolutely no fine wrinkles whatsoever anywhere. I will stick with it. It works. When you are 73 and look 60 at most, I give some of the credit to Aquaphor.

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairSilver, Other, Other

3 years ago

Aquaphor is a fantastic and cheap occlusive moisturizer that also works as lip balm, eye cream, and even a wet healing scar prevention treatment for blemishes and scrapes. My favorite way to use it is to spread a small amount on my fingertips and pat a thin layer over my other skincare products before bed. It seals them in for the night and I always wake up with the dewiest, softest skin of my life. HG product for sure.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

I have this in a small little jar and it is the best product I found for my naturally cracked and dry lips. My lips are always dry and appear to be chapped and cracked even if they aren't. I even had microdermabrasion done on these things and it does nothing. I have tried it all and I am SO happy to have found this. Aquaphor ointment is very smooth, lightweight, and not sticky. I have been wearing less lipstick and gloss in favor of lip liner paired with this balm.

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

I have this in a big tube and a mini. It looks like Vaseline but when used sparingly, this is a bit more matte and absorptive (a bit less greasy and does not travel (on lips). Aquaphor is a semi-occlusive. It contains ingredients that apparently speed healing and panthenol aids absorption (Ways it differs from Vaseline). As lip balm, I prefer it to kiehl's #1. (For severe chapped lips, I also use lansinoh 100% lanolin which also comes in small tubes. Lanolin is classified as an emollient and Vaseline as an occlusive, so sometimes I layer very sparingly). Multifunctional. I have combination skin, tending towards dry, prone to milia and hives. This doesn't aggravate anything when applied lightly on dry patches. Also good (and sting free) if you are like me and sometimes overdo the use of AHA, BHA and retinoids and your Cerave Cream doesn't seem to be enough. On days when I want easier spreadability, I dampen my hands and rub some aquaphor in between them, then apply. Note: I also use the CVS brand version of eucerin aquaphor interchangeably (its reviewed on two separate listings on MUA, but it's the same CVS product. Same ingredients, same functionality as Aquaphor. CVS ingredients : petroleum 41%, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, pantheon. Glycerin, bisabolol.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This stuff is better than Vaseline. It keeps my skin moisturized and glowy without clogging my pores.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3 years ago

I've been putting this literally all over my face at night (the only thing to be wary of is rolling over into my pillowcase before it's sunken in) and I swear it's helped heal any current acne and also fade dark marks and scars. I'll often take it down my neck + a bit on my chest too. Lips, definitely. It can be applied anywhere that's irritated or dry. It's very thick and gel-like and needs the warmth of your hands to melt + massage it in. I have found that you can keep using more and more of Aquaphor and the skin will just keep absorbing it - so it's not ideal for hands or body, where I tend to like a more cost-effective amount in a thinner, more easily spreadable consistency, but I like it a lot for my face.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I put this shit on everything. Literally. Eczema? Got it. Chapped lips? You bet. Chemical burn from the one time I tried benzoyl peroxide? Saved my face. I've also used it for razor burn, dry/scaly eyelids, cracked heels and elbows, etc. It's great. Just buy it already!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

After shaving, my skin is really sensitive & it is easy for me to get razor burn. Using this on my legs after shaving is the best way to prevent razor burn or irritation, & my legs feel moisturized. In the winter, when my face is really dry I'll put a very thin layer of this on my face before bed. The severe dryness is relieved within a few days & I can go back to my normal moisturizer.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

this is my favorite night time moisturizer and lip balm. nothing softens my lips better. if my lips are really chappy and flaky, i glob it on and let it sit for a minute, and then scrub it off worth a toothbrush. it is my favorite way to do a lip scrub. before i go to sleep, i rub a thin layer of this into my face, worth a little extra on dry areas or aging line areas. i wale up with skin that looks radiant and hydrated. it is a great, if heavy, moisturizer. their marketing doesn't play it up, but that's its best use imo.

Age30-35