Simple Cleansing Micellar Water

Simple Cleansing Micellar Water
Cleansing Micellar Water

3.8

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, DMDM Hydantoin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 7/6/2018 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I honestly feel like plain old water would do the exact same thing. When I use this, a lot of makeup comes off on the cotton pad, but the same thing would happen with water on that cotton pad. I do not use waterproof eye makeup, but this micellar water barely removes my eye makeup. The whole point in using makeup remover is so that I don't have to rub my eyes/skin, and I feel that with this, I have to rub my eyes vigorously in order for it to remove anything (and not well).

on 6/1/2018 5:03:00 AM

I love micellar water. water dries me up, and oil based moisturizers really become too oily for me. a cotton ball each night with this is all I need. I wake up with skin still moisturized. great find for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Doesn't remove eldw at all so no need to purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Some of the reviewers need to stop with the fearmongering. I see folks imploring you to stop using this because it contains DANGEROUS ‘toxins’ like sodium chloride. Guys, that’s SALT. Plain salt. Like potassium chloride. Um, potassium is something you need to stay alive. Like salt, it’s not harmful in normal quantities. Citric acid? Yeah, that’s what’s in oranges and lemons and limes and such. Hexylene glycol and tetrasodium EDTA are of VERY low concern according to ewg.com ( a great site for crunchy folk who like to check up on ingredients). And so on. This whole concept of ‘if I don’t know what it is, it can’t be good’ only works if you in fact have a wide knowledge base to start from. Fearing salt and lemon juice as things that might disagree with your particular skin is one thing, but fearing them as some sort of enviro-bogeyman because you don’t recognize it if it’s not listed as ‘salt and lime juice’ is not helpful to anyone. I have a pretty sensitive face. There are some autoimmune components, a dietary facet, and then just generally lots of ingredients just set my face off. I don’t break out, but I get WICKED red patches on my forehead, on either side of my nose, and across my nose near the eyebrows. LOTS of products set them off, and once they get going they generally have to just settle on their own, I haven’t found a product that makes them go away every time. This micellar water doesn’t set them off. It is very gentle. It’s good at cleaning either a bare face (like you just want to take off city dirt, your own oils, etc) or light makeup. It would take a long time to get longwearing foundation/lipstick off. Not good for waterproof eye makeup. Usually I’ve got blush (no foundation), eyeliner, mascara (not waterproof), eyeshadow, and brow mascara on. Takes it off fairly easily except the brow mascara, but it’s tenacious against everything, and there’s usually a wee of mascara left, because I’m lazy and I only want to use one or two cotton pads. But I have bought several bottles of this product, which is unusual for me. It’s nice. It’s pretty ‘clean’ ingredient-wise as far as skincare companies go. There’s definitely stuff you can be worried about in your bathroom LONG before you get to this product. I’ll keep buying it. My scaly, burning patches accept it and that’s rare.

on 5/10/2018 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first micellar water I’ve tried after using baby oil for makeup removal for years. I got tired of the oily messiness. I’m impressed with this product, it removes my makeup very well and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I’ll repurchase, definitely.

Update a month later: I still like the way this makes my skin feel and removes makeup, except for mascara. I really have to rub a lot, and now it’s started stinging my eyes. I’m going to try some other micellar waters and see if I can find one that doesn’t sting.

on 4/8/2018 12:02:00 AM

This product is quite nice to use with a reasonable price BUT it includes few TOXIC INGREDIENTS which can be very harmful to our health ! I will just simply mention among one of them. Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate is claimed to be toxic and restrictions has been placed on its use. I am shock to see this ingredient in it. Other than this, "hexylene glycol", "dmdm hydantoin", "tetrasodium edta", "sodium chloride", "Potassium Chloride", "citric acid" has been doubted that they cause skin irritation, moderate toxic or even lower down the immune system of our body. I guess the Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate has the most significant danger to our health among all of these. Pls discuss with me if I have did a mistake in this review. Hope this issue will be notified and make a changes to its products as consumer safety, health should be the main concern for all of the cosmetic or skincare industry! Or else if you meet someone like me that is very particular on the safety of those ingredients in the skin care products, I will say goodbye and never touch this brand again. Sincerely hope this issue will be raised up to your management..(very important) ‼️‼️ Many thanks..

on 2/7/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a really great makeup remover. My skin felt very comfortable after using, not dry and tight. It was literally like applying water that can magically remove makeup lol! It's great. There is no scent to it and no burning feeling (I have dry/sensitive skin and usually products burn at first). It's not greasy at all, so no worry of that gross residue feeling leftover. I would totally recommend this to everyone, especially sensitive skin people! Two thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use the pink Garnier one but I've been developing persistent (cystic?) pimples on my cheeks (probably unrelated, since I've been using it for months and had no problem before), so I figured maybe it's time for a change. I turned to Simple micellar water and it is surprisingly pleasant. It leaves my skin feeling baby-smooth, no irritation whatsover. Someone said that the Garnier one leaves a film on the skin and when I think about it, I do agree - which is why I always find myself at least rinsing my face afterwards. This one doesn't feel like it needed to be rinsed, but I always do anyway out of habit. Because this is very mild, I don't think it is meant for waterproof makeup, just be mindful of that.

on 1/31/2018 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This Micellar water is OK but it just doesn't remove mascara at all. It is good for those with sensitive skin as it doesn't irritate or sting but I find that this is only good for removing face makeup. Bioderma Sensibio is my HG but it's obviously a bit more expensive

This product has left my skin so smooth after cleansing. I normally don't wear makeup, just sunscreen and lipstick during the day. It takes me 2 soaked pads to completely cleanse the residues on my face. Afterwards, I use Cetaphil gentle cleansing to finish the job.

I have been using this for 1 month and no breakouts. Love the fact that it is perfume and alcohol free.