NYX Proof It Eyeshadow Primer

NYX Proof It Eyeshadow Primer
Proof It Eyeshadow PrimerProof It Eyeshadow Primer

4.2

VP / Hexadecene Copolymer, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isohexadecane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethyl Citrate, BHA. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 12/19/2017 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This holds my eyeshadow on throughout the day without an issue. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I feel like it goes on a little thick and can make my eyeshadow stick too much like it doesn't blend well. I try to use a thin layer, but it can be difficult with how goopy and wet this stuff is. I appreciate the doe-foot applicator so I don't have primer all over my fingers. The is one major reason I tried this stuff plus the good reviews it had. Overall, I am okay with this primer and will finish the tube, but probably won't be repurchasing because I've used better primers.

on 12/5/2017 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was already in love with the NYX HD Primer so I gave this one a shot. I think this one is even better. I work in a warehouse and do lots of heavy lifting everyday and this stuff helped my eyeshadow stay put through the sweating. I still saw a lot of shimmer on my eyelids after an 8 hour day, which is awesome!

Compared to the HD primer, this one is stickier, which is probably why it makes my eyeshadow last so much longer. One little thing though, Proof It makes it hard to blend. With the HD primer, I can put my eyeshadow directly on it and start blending away. With Proof It, it makes my eyeshadow stick and it looks blotchy. However, I still give this 5 stars because it's an easy fix, I just put down a base shadow that's the same colour as my skin and then my other shadows blend fine. I give it 3/5 for packaging though because I prefer a squeeze tube so I can get ALL the product out, but a doe foot applicator is not terrible. :P

on 11/13/2017 8:14:00 PM

4.5 stars! Bang for your buck!

I don’t wear makeup as often as I used to and so long are the days of heavy makeup for a night out. My main concern now is just to make sure my eyeliner stays put during the day. I used to only swear by the Urban Decay eye Primer Potion when it was in the original long genie bottle wand packaging, but since then, I felt like the formula just wasn’t the same anymore and was on a hunt to find a new eye primer.

At around $5 for 0.23oz, this NYX primer is pretty amazing. It goes on a little sticky, but doesn’t stay sticky for long. I usually apply with the wand to my lids and eyebrows, then use my fingers to spread & blend the product around. I will also give it a little time to really dry/sink in before doing anything else on my eyes. I felt like it does its job in keeping your eye makeup in place. However, I did not test it in extreme conditions like underwater. My eye makeup did hold up in humid weather like that of Louisiana and Hawaii. My monolids sometimes gets oily and I felt like this helped combat that. I will also use this product before applying concealers to my undereye and for pesky red pimples to keep the concealers in place. With this technique and topping off with a powder to set it keeps my concealers from sliding around, which is a nice little added bonus of this primer!

For someone who only wears eye makeup on the weekends, this is a great option as I wouldn’t want to spend more than $20 now on a product that might end up expiring before I can finish it. I think this beats the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UD Primer Potion in price + value + effectiveness. I would buy it again, but NYX keeps coming out with new/different products so I’ll have to try the other types first!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been wearing this every day for a little over a week now and I'm honestly pretty disappointed. I thought with its waterproof claims, that it would be long-wearing and prevent my shadows from creasing. So far, used with different eyeshadows, cream and powder, my eyeshadows will start creasing after just 4 hours. I was hoping it would be a good drugstore option for some of the more expensive primers on the market, but I don't like my results with this.

UPDATE: I've been wearing this for a few weeks now, and have had better results when I let this set and dry down for a few minutes before applying eyeshadow. Previously, I would wait less than a minute and experienced creasing within just a few hours. I find that if I apply this right after I powder my face, and then do the rest of my face makeup (bronzer, blush, highlight, etc) so the primer can set for 3-4 minutes, I don't experience creasing as quickly. It's still not crease-proof though. I definitely still see creasing after about 8 hours, so I haven't changed the rating, but it makes it usable for now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

To be honest this is one of the few eyeshadow primers I've used, but it's so good I haven't felt the need to look for others. Keeps the eyeshadow from creasing very well and makes it last all day and night, which is the main thing I'm looking for in a primer. Has a light nude tint in it, so helps to cover any discoloration you might have in your eyelids.
Leaves a bit tacky, so I'd suggest putting a small amount of powder on top of it to make other products apply evenly afterwards.

on 4/10/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Let me begin by saying that I use mostly higher end eyeshadows and when I don't use this primer, with time even they tend to crease. This eyeshadow primer is great for ensuring the longevity and smoothness of eyeshadows, it prevents any creasing for me and makes them actually pretty much waterproof, for what I've noticed. I always set it with light/my skin tone of eyeshadow. It's lasted me a long time, and the only con is that on irritated or sensitive skin it can sting a bit. As long as your eyelids are properly moisturized and healthy prior to putting this on, it feels and works great. I love the price, too.

Such a great drugstore product! I could even say a dupe to Urban decays eyeshadow primer!

It is a nude liquid that i dab onto my eyelid and pat in, it is sticky and wet but once set with a neutral eyeshadow or powder keeps your eyeshadow in place ALL DAY and for the price is definately worth getting!!!

on 3/27/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and with that I have even oilier eyelids, liner would never stay on me, high end or low end. I was using the milani eyeshadow primer for a long time and that worked really well. I decided to try this primer and this one in my opinion is much better than the milani one but is still rather expensive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Overall, a great primer. I have oily lids (when Nars primer creased after only a few hours) and this, in addition to a base like Maybelline Color Tattoo, keeps my shadows in place for most of the day. Some creasing, but after 8+ hours of wear! The best I've tried in this price range.

on 2/25/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I didn't use this as an eyeshadow primer. I used it to waterproof my eyebrows. After losing a lot of brows to illness I used this when I went to the beach and it was GOOD. I use powder to color in my brows and this stuff did not let it budge until I used a makeup remover. By applying primer first and then the brow powder: worked very well. Applying a little primer, then powder, then a little more primer to set: worked amazing.