3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

3 months ago

This clogged my pores even though it claims to be non-comodigenic. It's a heavier formula and very moisturizing. Packaging is compact, which is nice. Won't buy again because I got so many blackheads from using this.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

from

3 months ago

This is a nice, shea butter based moisturizer that I believe is meant for mature skin. No fragrance, with ceramides and peptides and all that good stuff. Comes in a little tub, and can be pricey at the drugstore, up to $20 at my local CVS, so I usually buy at Walmart. It’s a little rich for my skin for nightly facial use, but it makes a great eye and neck cream, which is mostly how I use it. I don’t see any miracles or “skin renewing” but it makes the areas where you put it look smoother temporarily, and if you have any dry or flakey areas, it’s very helpful (I use Tretinoin cream and occasionally have some dryness). I have read that shea butter can be problematic if you have acne or are prone to breakouts, so people with skin issues like that might want to skip this one. I think it’s a good basic skin care item to have, as are a lot of Cerave products - good quality skin care at drugstore prices.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

3 months ago

This was my go-to nighttime moisturizer for years. My skin is oily so I was a little hesitant about it at first, because it has a thicker texture more like a body butter or something. But it sank into my skin AMAZINGLY and really deeply moisturized. Cerave always has really well-formulated products with ingredients to soothe your skin and no irritants like fragrance or essential oils. This product certainly is no exception in that regard. What I didn't like about it was the price. For a dugstore product, it's kind of expensive. Also the fact that it comes in a jar is disappointing. Jars are good for getting every bit of product but they just aren't hygienic and they allow ingredients to degrade faster than normal. However, I used this happily until I started tretinoin. That meant my skin needed some more hydrating formulas. This is actually pretty similar in texture/results as La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair, but I use LRP now mostly because of the tube packaging and it spreads a little more easily on my face.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

3 months ago

This cream has a buttery thick texture that feels nice on my dry skin, but unfortunately, that’s where the positives end. After continued use, my face started to break out and look dull and blotchy. (I do have acne-prone skin.)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

3 months ago

As they say, YMMV. I was looking for a new overnight moisturizer after my Lumene one got dc'd. This got stellar reviews elsewhere and I was impressed by the ingredient list, but after using 3/4 of the jar, I'm no longer impressed. Why? The cream stung a bit every single time I used it, which is not uncommon with niacinamide, an ingredient my skin usually likes. But it never went away, and I would've tolerated a bit of sting if my skin looked great in the morning, but it never did. It looked ok, but not especially smooth or nourished, and I often found dry patches. Then one day I noticed the skin on my nose looked red, also not a good sign. So I pulled it out of my lineup and I'll finish the jar as a hand cream. A happy ending: I bought a jar of a slightly different Lumene cream, and my skin already looks calmer and smoother after 3 nights of use, and no dry patches. It's called Lumene Valo Nordic-C Sleeping Cream.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

7 months ago

I’ve been using this as a day cream and I’ve really enjoyed it. It’s a more rich version of their moisturising cream and reminds me of the Olay micro sculpting cream. I do slighly prefer the olay, hence the 4/5 rating. I like the moisture this provides my dry skin and do think it’s been slightly brightening. Oily skin may not like this. It might be too occlusive. Perfect as a day cream for my dry skin, but I prefer something more emolient for night, like the Josie Maran whipped argan face butter. If you enjoy olay face creams, I think you will like this and it’s about ~$10 cheaper.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

a year ago

I really need to stop watching YouTube as a source for products. Dr. Dray - who must be on the CeraVe payroll - recommended this and the ingredient list is okay but the feeling is 100% silicones. It really does feel like a layer of cling wrap. And it does that awful dulling of your skin that silicone does. But this is just me. You might love it for all of the reasons I don't. I think it is expensive for the cheap plastic jar with a squirt of product (no seal) that it is and I feel that these CeaVe "add on" products that they keep coming out with are misses rather than hits. I've tried many of them and give up after a couple of weeks. Maybe it's the Shea butter, but my skin broke out in lumps and took over a week to bring it back. And I'm 64.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I wanted to love this, but I got horrible acne all around my chin. I finally cleared up my chin area and after using this for 2 weeks I changed nothing else in my routine I started to breakout horribly. Don't know which ingredient it is, but will never use on my face again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

I have been faithfully using Cerave for about a year and a half now. SA Cleanser, Hydrating Cleanser, PM facial Moisturizer (I actually use that morning and night because my skin is so dry during the cold months). While perusing the skincare aisle recently, I was checking out a few Cerave products. I was initially wanting to try the hyaloronic serum, but discovered the Renewing Night Cream instead. So far, I really love it. It has a nice thick consistency, but blends in nicely. A little goes a long way. My face doesn’t feel greasy at all. I haven’t had any irritation whatsoever. I didn’t notice a smell at all. My only wish is that the jar was a bit larger, but it’s not a major problem. Since my skin is SO dry in the winter, this product is great. I’m guessing it would be a little much during the summer months (for me, anyway), but I’m really happy I found it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

I really like what this night cream is doing for my skin. I have combination skin which usually is more oily then dry. I do have dry spots around my nose and chin. I also am blotchy and I wanted something to smooth, balance, my skin and help with my redness. I find this does all that. They say this works with ones circadian rhythm while you sleep. I don't know about that but my skin had never looked better! It is smooth, soft, and even toned. It had also balanced my skin. It has such clarity too. I thought this would be too heavy for me but that's not the case with this. I love Cerave because of the nicinamide in their products. Also they do not break me out. I wish this wasn't in a jar but I get it because of the thick texture. I only need about a dime size amount for my whole face. I'm mostly oily and this is not too greasy at all. It absorbs so well. I also love their PM moisturizer. I will repurchase this because I know I don't want to be without it.

About reviewer (912 reviews)

Age36-43