CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream

CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream

Purified Water, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Saccharide Isomerate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 1, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3, Tripeptide-1, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Behentrimonium Methosulphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phytosphingosine, Dextran, Xanthan Gum

on 7/1/2018 10:26:00 PM

My favourite night cream! It's an ivory coloured moisturiser with a thick smooth texture with a wonderful jelly slip sensation. It does feel heavy on the skin, but lasts far better through the night than lighter night creams I've tried, and feels very hydrating and soothing. You can use this as an occlusive layer over serums and treatments to prolong their wear time overnight. It contains a handful of ceramides, shea butter, and niacinamide. My skin hates shea butter in general, but this seems to be fine - maybe it's the effect of the niacinamide reducing oil production? Whatever the reason, it doesn't irritate my skin or cause new spots, while still intensely hydrating my skin overnight. In the morning, my skin feels so soft after using this overnight, and isn't dry or irritated.

I've ran out of it at the moment, waiting on my replacement one's delivery. It's on the affordable side when it comes to night creams, ~£12 or thereabouts. The major point of contention is the packaging - a jar! Aaargh, I despair that companies still put their products into what will become a hotbed of contaminants courtesy of dirty fingers rooting around. It's such a shame - I do still love this and the effects it has, but I really wish they'd offer the option of a pump dispenser or something. Oh well, not everything can be perfect.

on 6/23/2018 1:54:00 PM

I’m a HUGE Cerave fan but this was a fail for me. It was a very thick cream, and even at night I don’t like that feeling of heaviness on my face. It seemed like it took forever to sink in, and it BURNED when first applied. I use retinoids regularly and nothing has stung my face like this. I definitely did not expect that from a Cerave product and was slightly disappointed. I also did not notice improvement in my skin. Although it did not break me out (yay!) and it seemed to do its job of moisturizing overnight, I can name 1000 other moisturizers that do that as well. If your label says “skin renewing,” I’m expecting my face to look glowy and refreshed in the morning.... Overall this was not my favorite, and I will not repurchase this product.

My face looked better just after one use.....cost a bit more than Neutrogena night Cream...bit cost less that Clinique and Kiehls

on 6/1/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This night cream has replaced my HG of 10 years. And it's half the price! I have normal/dry skin and used most nights all winter and have yet to hit bottom of jar. My skin feels moisturized, plump, and so smooth and soft.

on 5/17/2018 11:02:00 PM

I think this is ok, but a little too heavy for me, even for a night creme. I like the lighter moisturizers.

I get flaky around the nostrils and under my nose. This solved that problem after 2 nights. My whole face feels softer than it has in months. I am acne prone and this hasn't broken me out, but it does feel pretty occlusive. In spite of its creamy thickness, I don't wake up with puffy eyes from retaining water underneath eyes, which typically happens when I use a night cream.

on 4/13/2018 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

That brand comes highly recommended, yet the products don't work for me..my skin reacts to them, it gets irritated, the products sting..that cream is light, goes on light,but seems to stay at the surface of my skin.. then my skin gets a bit red..in the end, it doesn't seem to do anything for me outside of drying my skin out.
I am done with that brand , must be an ingredient or two that really seem to be causing trouble,.i think the silicone, as I usually react to it.. Paula' s choice raves about them, but I won't...very overrated in my opinion....it is like the products are overly simplistic, and in my case, don't deliver.

on 4/13/2018 9:26:00 PM

I had the same experience as flairgirl8. I bought this cream to strengthen my skin barrier during wintertime, but it dried my face out and irritated the heck out of it after just a couple of uses. Additionally, it gave me hard red pimples all over. Into the trash it went. I never had any luck with CeraVe products, despite wanting to badly as they're easily available everywhere and affordable.

I'm still wondering what went wrong with this cream, as I tolerate the ingredients well in other products. I guess it just was not meant to be...

on 4/13/2018 8:49:00 PM

I have only been using this a short time, but so far I really love it. It hydrates well without being greasy. I also think it makes my face look bright and calm. No dry or red patches, brown spots less noticeable, just nice smooth skin. No breakouts or milia. Price is great too. This is going to be my go to moisturizer for day and night!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big fan of CeraVe's products, and I decided to give this a try after it was recommended to me by Dr. Dray on YouTube (check her out, she's awesome). This has niacinamide and is a very hydrating (but not oily) moisturizer. The consistency reminds me of the CeraVe hydrating cream, in that is not greasy at all, but can feel a little tacky after applying, but that usually goes away after a few minutes. I have acne-prone sensitive skin and this has not broken me out or irritated my skin at all. Every morning after I use this, my skin is brighter and acne scars are fading. I will definitely be repurchasing!