CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream

CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream

4.1

Purified Water, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Saccharide Isomerate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 1, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3, Tripeptide-1, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Behentrimonium Methosulphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phytosphingosine, Dextran, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big fan of CeraVe's products, and I decided to give this a try after it was recommended to me by Dr. Dray on YouTube (check her out, she's awesome). This has niacinamide and is a very hydrating (but not oily) moisturizer. The consistency reminds me of the CeraVe hydrating cream, in that is not greasy at all, but can feel a little tacky after applying, but that usually goes away after a few minutes. I have acne-prone sensitive skin and this has not broken me out or irritated my skin at all. Every morning after I use this, my skin is brighter and acne scars are fading. I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 2/10/2018 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this for the incredibly dry, itchy skin on my neck. This is a very concentrated, thick cream that is fragrance free. From the first use, it effectively hydrated my parched neck area. Contains glycerin, shea butter, soy sterols, ceramides, hyaluronic acid and niacinamide. I use it twice a day with good results.

on 1/22/2018 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, sensitive skin that is eczema prone, and keeping my skin moisturized is doctors orders to help prevent eczema flare ups. I had not used a night cream in a while as my skin is so dry they often were not enough and I used oils. I managed to get a lot of the dryness under control by taking a couple of different oils supplements which helped immensely. In the past my skin just would not tolerate active or more than a couple days a week. So skin is somewhat normal now, thought I would go back to night cream. Pluses for this containing ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid, both good for skin. This is a pretty thick cream, but it does not feel heavy, or greasy. The jar isn't sanitary, particularly if you have long nails.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Having heard two dermatologists' recommendations for CeraVe body lotions and facial creams in general, I decided to try this night cream. I was actually trying to buy the PM moisturizer (pump format), but every store in my region (metro Vancouver) has none on the shelves for some reason.

I love this cream, and it has noticeably improved my facial and neck skin in the following ways:

1. Has evened out my skin tone,
2. Has made my skin appear brighter and healthier -- no doubt about the brightness,
3. Has dramatically faded several dark spots I have on my neck (due to ingrown hair).
4. Makes any occasional pimple that has popped up during the day virtually disappear overnight -- sometimes literally, and at other times, the pimple is barely noticeable the next day.
5. Has made the pores within my T-zone far less noticeable.

TIMELINE: I've been using this cream, plus first cleansing with CeraVe Hydrating Cleansing Bar, since the first week of December 2017. I also wash my face twice daily with this bar, but I've been doing that since the end of October 2017.

I know, ingredients wise, what's in the CeraVe line of products since I've been listening to dermatologists explain about skin care products, so I think this formula truly is facial skin's BEST FRIEND!

I can't speak to any other CeraVe products yet, but I plan to try out the SA facial wash (pump format) on my neck as a night time wash as I really want my dark spots to completely disappear. I also know salicylic acid helps to prevent ingrown hair, so I'm motivated.

Two further points:

1. L'Oreal has recently bought CeraVe, but I hope that does not signal formula changes within the traditional CeraVe products. I'll be watching out for that!

2. CeraVe, in my opinion, offers great value for money especially when on sale. I am not searching out high-end (which typically means pricey) skincare products to do the things I now can see CeraVe does! I'm thrilled, and a clear "yes" to re purchasing!

on 12/16/2017 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This cream has been a lifesaver for my skin. I bought this hoping it was a dupe for the Dr Jart Cermadin line, and it is for half the price!

I had chemically over exfoliated my face my accident (retinol, gycolic acid, chemical exfoliating mask, plus vitamin c. I don’t know what I was thinking!) I literally had a red, raw face. I kept loading and layering my face up with facial oils, fancy water sprays, the best it did was grease it up for an hour. But my face was still painfully dry.

I ran into CVS and bought this on a whim and applied it right away. It was HALLELUJAH! Within 1.5 days, the peeling, pain and redness was away. When this had happened before (I know, I just don’t learn) Dr Jarts cream healed it in less than a day so it’s not an exact dupe but for half the price, and easier to locate at various pharmacies, I’ll say it’s super close!

This wears well under makeup, and it works as a buffer for my retinol. Also no breakouts or clogged pores! The jar doesn’t bug me as much as it does others. This is so thick I don’t think you’d be able to get it out of a tube etc. I’m never buying another winter moisturizer again!

on 12/12/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on a whim when looking for a new night cream. I wanted to get Olay but there were too many options. I just like a basic thick cream without bells and whistles. This one fits the bill perfectly. My skin is smooth in the morning and nicely hydrated, never dry. I’ll repurchase this again and again.

on 9/26/2017 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Used one time and it made me break out

on 9/26/2017 1:11:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted something that was a step up from CeraVe's moisturizing cream.

Price: I think I paid $13 for this on Amazon, and it's not even half the size of the cream tub. Still not terribly expensive for a night cream, IMO.

Packaging: Don't love the jar, but this stuff is so thick I am not sure you'd be able to pour it from a bottle or dispense it through a pump.

Product: I've used CeraVe cream as my daily facial moisturizer for years; it's my HG as far as price point and product. I have dry skin, live in a dry climate with very cold, harsh winters and use Retin-A to combat acne, and I haven't found anything better at keeping my skin moisturized all day. However, I wanted something with a little more heft to use at night, particularly for those times when my skin felt extra tight, and since I love just about everything from CeraVe I have tried, I was excited to find this.

I use this every other evening following some other steps in my skin routine, and I apply it very sparingly--a small dot on my forehead, each cheek and my chin. I massage it in fully and haven't had any issues with feeling tacky or breakouts. I think this does a good job of providing that little bit of extra moisture that I want on nights when I need it; will definitely consider for repurchase, as I am extremely wary of products of this type hawked at cosmetics counters.

on 9/18/2017 5:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this cream. I have mature, dry, sensitive skin. As the humid and warm air switches to dry and cool air my skin will start to show dry patches. So I've been on the hunt for a fairly simple night cream that works. This is definitely it. I put it on my face over my OTC retinal cream and my skin has been very happy. Some initial dry skin was completely moisturized and gone with one overnight application. I also use this under foundation in the AM.

I have a ton of high end moisturizers but I find myself reaching for this one instead. It just works and non-scented as a bonus.

on 9/14/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this thick thick cream. It soaks right into my face. I live in a very dry place and need something moisturizing. I was using oils but got tired of a greasy icky pillow case so tried this on a whim. I'm on my second tub. I really like it. Simple and I use it after a retinol product (not Cera Ve though).