LORAC Free Spirit Alter Ego Lipstick

No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Well, I see I am not the only one who thinks this is a great purple, and surprisingly flattering for pale faces like myself. Not too harsh or bright and dabs down a notch if needed. I had "made my own" purple lip and wanted a store bought version of the same color. This was it! Nice formula too and not dry feeling on the lips. Decent staying power and no strong smell but a slight fruity taste at first. The bottom of the container shows the color, but word on the street is that it contains actual lipstick. When the bullet is done pull hard on the metal tube to separate it from the base.

Oh my Lorac lipsticks. They are my HG lipsticks. I got this color Free Spirit in the 20th anniversary holiday gift set and I was kind of hesitant to use it because it is extremely purple. But it is the most beautiful thing on the lips ever. I'm fair skinned with cool undertones and this lipstick is just perfect. Seriously perfect. I think it's a very wearable shade and I'm actually wearing it to work today and I don't feel out of place. The formula is almost perfect-it goes on smoothly and is extremely opaque and lasts forever, but it can be a little drying as with all Lorac alter ego lipsticks. Just remedy that by prepping your lips beforehand. I actually have the matching Free Spirit lipgloss on top and my lips are very comfortable.
Honestly this is probably one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. It is so so so beautiful and amazing. I can't say enough good things.

on 1/3/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the purple I have been looking for my whole make up wearing life. Free Spirit is what I wanted MAC Up the Amp to be (but that comes off quite pink on me, not purple). I wore it with MAC Full of Joy blush. It is an easy to wear, day to night kind of shade that just works as easy as any MLBB tone would. Lorac describes this as a "plum," but when I think plum, I think much more reddish brown undertones to the purple. I have tried every purple on the planet (see notes below). Free Spirit is not too blue, not too red, not too gothy, not too pinky, just a straight up matte mid-toned purple (the most purple side of plum, sans all the red / brown undertones). Lorac seems to underestimate it's colors in their descriptions. For their Goddess lipstick it simply says "mauve", when that is an amazing lavender mauve and not your straight up brown/pink toned mauves you see everywhere. The same holds true for Free Spirit, ok, "plum", yeah, but it just doesn't do it justice. I would say a grape more than a plum (less red & brown). The lipstick itself is smooth and creamy and I bought mine with Kohls cash so bonus! FYI - I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, mauvey lips, deep winter.

on 7/12/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been looking for this true purple shade for so long. All the purples I have seen are more pink than purple. This is actually finally the purple I've been looking for. The lipstick goes on super creamy and is very comfortable on my lips. Not drying at all. I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Super pretty purple color. I love this formula (I know a lot of people don't). Just in time for spring!

on 1/23/2015 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The previous reviewer said it all. I have been looking for this purple my whole life. It's is so so pretty and flattering. I love MAC Up the Amp and Heroine. I have almost every purple lipstick.

My favorite Lorac lipstick is Goddess and this is a close close second. This is so rich and intense, it's not for the faint of heart.