Herborist- T'ai Chi Black Mask

Herborist- T'ai Chi Black Mask

3.0

1 review

Aqua, kaolin, glycerin, ci 77267, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, coix lacryma-jobi seed, propylene glycol, xanthan gum, coix lacryma-jobi seed oil, diazolidinyl urea, isopropyl palmitate, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, hydroxyethylcellulose, perilla ocymoides seed oil, methylparaben, tourmaline, propylparaben, crocus sativus flower extract, bht, butylene glycol, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tribulus terrestris fruit extract, liquidambar styraciflua fruit extract, ci 77480, morus alba bark extract, sophora japonica root extract, prunus persica leaf extract, salix alba bark extract.

on 1/2/2015 3:41:00 PM

I got this mask in a trial bag together with other 3 products that I am reviewing. The company sells the black mask and the white mask in the same pot but separated in the Yin and Yang shapes. I bought mine in 30 g tubes.

From the Herborist website:
''Yin & Yang skincare in 2 steps: the black mask cleanses and purifies the skin, then the white mask nourishes and soothes the skin to enhance your complexion.
Discover the star Herborist product: a mask with astonishing results, containing of over 30 natural active ingredients to cleanse and nourish the skin.
Like the Yin and the Yang, this mask is composed of two products in one, complementary and inseparablelike day and night, sun and moon, hot and coldto give your face a brand new experience.

The black mask is Yin. Formulated with a host of active herbal ingredients such as Red Peony, Bamboo Charcoal and Ginkgo Biloba, it rids the skin of impuritiesdead cells, makeup residue, excess sebum. A mask without grains, it gently purifies without irritating, leaving you with perfectly cleansed skin.

The white mask is Yang. It nourishes and soothes your skin like a caress. Boasting at least ten active herbal ingredients including White Peony, it leaves your skin soft and restores its radiance.''

MY OPINION
The mask is black, smooth, you need a good amount to apply it on the skin but it is easy to apply it.
You have to massage it on the skin, gently, leave it on for 5 minutes, rinse it off.
While the skin is still damp, you apply the second mask which is the white mask (read my review) that you have to apply in the way they explain on their website, leave it the white mask on for 10 minutes and then wash it off.

I honestly can not say that the black mask did much for my skin. I still have a bit left in the tube.
It dried my cheeks a bit but not a big deal. Made my skin a bit clearer and cleared some of my clogged pores. Luckily it doesn't leave any black particles in my pores and while you need to splash your face with water many times, it rinses clean.
I will finish it but I will not buy it again. It is not a miracle for me but you can give it a chance.

I added the ingredients.